October 23, 2014 | 922 users online

Lip Gloss - Philosophy - Lip Shine - Marshmallows For Toasting

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by beautyglitter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this last year and it tasted soooooo good. That's the thing about Philosophy's Lip Shine's: they are nommmmmmmms! Well, this one was clear with a little shimmer in it (i couldn't see shimmer on my lips once applied thou) and tasted like marshmellow sweetness. Love the squeeze tube packaging since I can control what comes out and it is more hygenic.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by msog177

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a wonderful lipgloss, so in love with it. It smells like warm cookies and makes my lip look and feel soft and lovely, not to mention glossy. The texture of the gloss brings out the natural color of my lips and enhances it. I keep reapplying because it just feels amazing. Love, love, love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by lilylou40

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Not a fan. This is a sticky lip gloss and it has a funny smell/taste which is nothing like a toasted marshmallow, in my opinion. The gloss is a pretty delicate pink shimmer but the smell/taste and gloppy texture kill this one for me. Tossed it!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2011 1:13:00 PM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The gloss itself is alright. It's on the sticky side for sure, but that does lend it superior lasting power. This one has a fair bit of shimmer in it, but no huge glitter. It goes on clear.
The scent. Ohhh the scent. Now, one would think this would smell like "Marshmallows for toasting" like the name suggests, but they would be wrong. This smells exactly like bacon smothered in maple syrup. As someone who does not care for bacon, I do not want to be going around this holiday season giving bacon kisses.
The bacon scent was confirmed by 4 of my coworkers, who all got maple syrup and bacon. One got pancakes as well. Which is all well and good, but isn't really what I was expecting or going for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I got this in the Much Mistletoeing Lip Shine Set. The set comes with 4 full size (.5 oz) Lip Shines, including Tinsel Town, Marshmallows For Toasting, Peppermint Bark, and Cinnamon Buns. It retails for $20, and is available at Sephora stores and Sephora.com. Whether it's sold on the Philosophy website, ULTA, Macy's, or anywhere else, I'm not sure.

Cinnamon Buns is easily my favorite in the set, and Marshmallows For Toasting is a close runner-up, coming in second place. It's a very sheer light baby pink with just enough sparkle, making it stand out more on the lips and not just turn into a clear gloss. If I'm wearing a darker lip color, I dab this in the center of the lip, and it surprisingly tones the color down just the slightest bit. I like that these glosses aren't too sticky, but just enough so that they'll last longer. These aren't the longest lasting glosses in the world, though (if you eat or drink, reapplication is necessary, without question). But these do last significantly longer than most glosses I've tried, about 3 hours. Due to the stickiness, these definitely aren't lightweight feeling on the lips. They feel a bit thick and heavy, but its nothing I can't live with. Oh, and these are terrible, just....terrible, with the combination of blowing wind, and hair. Just saying. :)

I was just slightly disappointed in the scent. It's described as 'marshmallow fluff.' Yup, didn't pick up on that at all. It still smells and tastes divine, nonetheless, but the smell I got was unmistakably dead-on chocolate chip waffles smothered with maple syrup. Haha that's far from being anything marshmallow. One lippy knocked off for being a misnomer, and also for my hair sticking to my lips whenever I'm outside. But overall, I'm very pleased with Philosophy Lip Shines. They all smell, look, and taste fantastic (so many indulgent flavors to choose from!) and I'll definitely be getting more of these babies, especially for my family and friends for the holidays. These are on the 'win' list for me. :)
EDIT: ok, I've recently found that you HAVE to have minty fresh breath when wearing this particular gloss, because the scent, to my horror, actually does turn bacon-y when on the lips for a while. I guess the scent combines with the natural scent of your breath, and turns? I didn't notice it before. Oh, and you can smell these glosses on the lips, even after two hours of being applied. These are definitely not faint scents; they linger. Something I forgot to mention before.