April 25, 2014 | 1215 users online

Lipstick - Kanebo - Lunasol full glamour liquid lips

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 7:58:00 PM More reviews by bailuli

As reviewer mentioned below, these are supposed to be "liquid lipsticks" but really, it's more like a medium pigmented lip gloss. even comparing to some of the glosses released in the western world, this can't be considered highly pigmented, however there are certain things about the Lunasol (and many japanese brand's lipstick and gloss formulas) that definitely sticks out for me.

I own #18 Soft Red Pink and it applies almost like a soft pinky coraly JELLY. it has that super pretty jelly-like finish that makes your lips just look plump and glossy, but not so glossy that it looks absolutely fake. It instantly perks my face up and makes me look younger.

What i particularly like about this gloss/liquid lipstick is that while it's medium pigmented, it almost never transfers to my teeth. when i buy western lipstick and glosses, especially if it's a darker color, 90% of the time i'm paranoid of color transferring to my teeth. with japanese lipsticks and glosses, i almost never worry. out of all of the japanese lip products i've purchased, i think there is only 1 or 2 that actually transferred a little, and it was easily remedied by doing the finger cleaning method (sounds funny i know ,but essentially use a clean finger to wipe and blend away the lipstick that's applied too far inward on your lip). Thereafter, i don't worry about any transfer. I've found that even doing the finger cleaning method, western lipstick somehow STILL transfers on me. it annoys me and makes me highly self conscious.

in any case, this particular line is moisturizing and has a very pretty finish for your lips. if you have pigmented lips, the base color may not show as well but the jelly-like shine will still be there. if you have pale lips, this will give you a very beautiful and innocent kind of look that's highly sought after by asian girls.

unfortunately the price also makes it rather unforgiving :\

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 1:41:00 PM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For long I have worn lipstick in favor of gloss, but this is technically a hybrid that is meant to "achieve both the great coloration of a lipstick and the moist luster of a gloss," says Lunasol's English website. But in reality I see this as a gloss that's more pigmented than usual, though nowhere as good as a bona fide lipstick. It however is undeniably moisturizing, and the color itself is gorgeous, which shouldn't come as a surprise at all since it is Lunasol. I have the EX02 from the fall 2011 collection.