July 29, 2014 | 1635 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Designer Lift Smoothing Firming Foundation

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I had a sample of this and won't buy it...
The color #4 is a great match for me but looks weird pinkish in pictures, it is too greasy/oily and it may be a coincidence but I get tiny acne bumps everytime I use it. I may give it another chance in the colder months...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by bigamor

Picture-perfect? Flawless? Airbrushed? Yes to all.

Seems like I've tried every single foundation out there; Chanel, Dior, Lancome, Guerlain, Sisley - you name it. But GA Designer Lift by far is the best.

As usual, the main goal is to find your true color match. The foundation goes on smooth and watery, is buildable from medium to full coverage, isn't cakey at all, doesn't accentuate neither pores nor fine lines, covers redness and small imperfections like heaven.

Highly recommended for everyday use.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by redweddy

I am honestly surprised about the negative feedback on this foundation. I actually love it a lot to the point where it might even be my HG foundation! I find that the best way to apply is by using my fingers. I only need 1 pump per side of my face and once blended, it looks very natural and feels natural as well. It evens out my complexion and produces a semi matte finish with a glow (can't really explain it. It's definitely not matte but not really very dewy either). I have combination skin with dry patches that other foundations highlight but have not found it true for this one. I think it lasts a reasonable time but not the whole day though.

I am an NC35 girl and I use 6.5 in Designer Lift.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by azmuslima

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation based on a MA recommendation while looking to try the much reviewed and raved about Giorgio Armani product! Too bad I really disliked this. The price is crazy expensive for nothing special at all. This foundation is no better than a drugstore product at all. Horrible...The packaging has a pump so that is sanitary - the bottle is glass and very heavy. Not great to stash in your purse or travel bag.
Foundation goes on and just sits on top of the skin without melding...UGH horrible - I finally got it to blend a bit with the Beauty Blender + a foundation brush. Then i set it with powder - Within a few hours it had soaked into my skin or worn off ....either way my face looked splotchy! Yuckf...I ended up returning this

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by chingchingcat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am wearing #3 which I find it matches me well. Watery, but dry out too soon and leaves me dry patches. Thin layer, looks natural though.

The Beauty Assistant wore the makeup for me, together with all other GA primer, corrector and essence. Face brightened up and lasted whole day, that's perfect. But I couldn't achieve the same effect with Designer Lift and my own routine skincare.

And those with dry skin better try in beauty store before spending so much! I share this with my sister, she wears better than me, no dry patches, and looks super natural and smooth.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/14/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by OwThatGirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this foundation because I do like the look of it when applied correctly, but I break out every time I use it. #4 is perfect for my NC 25 skintone, although NC 25 in Mac makeup is actually slightly too dark for my light Asian skin. If you use too much of this foundation it cakes. My ex-boyfriend noticed when I had this foundation on one day and said I looked flakey, how embarrassing!
In general, this foundation looks good if you don't overdo it. On days when I want to look more dolled up, I switch out my daily Cover FX Pressed Mineral Foundation for this foundation under some Chanel translucent powder, or a very light application of Shesido foundation powder.

PROS:
Looks natural under daylight (Just don't cake it up)
Medium Coverage
Doesn't fade after a full day of wear
Doesn't make me oily
Photographs beautifully!

CONS:
Breaks me out after each use
Can look flakey (Although it might just be the wrong foundation-powder combo on my part...)

I have extremely acne-prone skin, so most products break me out after prolonged use, especially liquid foundations. Overall, if your skin isn't too acne-prone, or if you just need to look nice for a special occasion, I would definitely recommend this foundation :)

UPDATE 6/1/13

I wore this to my senior prom last week, taking a leap of faith that my skin wouldn't have a bad reaction to the foundation since I hadn't tried using it in a while. Unfortunately, I was broken out quite badly on my forehead and chin by the time I washed it off that night. I've never developed cystic acne from this foundation, like I had with Nars Tinted Moisturizer and BB Creams, just whiteheads and some small red bumps. Strangely enough, the next morning my face looked like it cleared up a bit from the night before so I know that it was a cosmetic reaction to this foundation that caused my skin to have a mini freak out. I wore it underneath a thin layer of Bare Minerals, with my MUF concealer underneath. The MUF concealer is awesome because it's the only liquid-type of foundation/concealer that I can use without breaking out and Bare Minerals generally doesn't break me out if I wear it once in a while. Long story short (too late) I looked super-duper great in all my prom pictures and though I had to blot some excess oil halfway into the night, the foundation stayed in place. Only problem was the breakouts that the foundation gave me, like every time I try it out. Like I said before, great for special occasions, but bad for everyday use for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by MarylinB1234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Amazing product. I have tried many many foundations, Dior, Estee Lauder, Elizabeth Arden, etc, but a few months ago, I went to a Sephora and try every foundation until I found the correct match for my skin. Finally I found this one, and now I think I wont use another life for the rest of my life; i just want to by 20 bottles just in case it disappears! that much I'm in love with this product. Awesome feature is the you can mix two colors to get your perfect much, it blends perfectly. Medium coverage, looks great day and night, you can wear it without loose powder for a natural glow, and with powder for the night. Everyone should give it a try. It's worth it the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by 4Bella

Medium coverage. Not that many colors. Just ok, nothing special. Very expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 10:45:00 PM More reviews by FrizzBgone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been hunting for a good medium to full coverage foundation for dry skin - one that will last all day. Dry skin and a foundation that will last all day was a difficult combination to find.

This product is a medium coverage foundation that is buildable. I don't think it offers full coverage - Laura Mercier Silk Cream was my go-to full coverage foundation. My skin looks really good with it on. It doesn't look like you are wearing a heavy foundation. I love the finish of Armani foundations. It isn't matt, but it isn't dewy either - I would describe it as a satin finish. I use the Luminous Silk powder overtop and it lasts all day.

My skin is fair, dry & dehydrated, sensitive, with some redness. This foundation covers any redness and doesn't dry my skin out. It is moisturizing but still lasts all day. The Luminous Powder is wonderful. The two products work extremely well together. Highly recommend. I have already purchased backups.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Cara_M

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sorry to ruin the good ratings for this foundation, but I totally regret buying it!

PROS

- Elegant bottle
- Armani makeup is great quality

CONS
- Colour match wasn't great - though I blame my SA for this.
- The formulation was quite watery and the coverage is too sheer on me (and I normally wear Chanel Teint Innocent/Guerlain Parure Aqua/Mac Face and body which are all sheer!)
- Did not provide the glow I was looking for, my skin looked dull and sallow (and I have pink toned skin!)
- The formula highlighted dry flaky skin patches that were not visible to the naked eye, so up close my skin actually looked WORSE with this on than without :( which is totally the opposite of what a good foundation should do - unforgivable in my book.

Wish I could return this - so sad it didn't work for me like it seems to have for many of the other reviewers.