Giorgio Armani Designer Lift Smoothing Firming Foundation

3.8

Active ingredients: octinoxate 7.5%, titanium dioxide 1.9% water, cyclopentasiloxane, phenyl trimethecone, cyclohexasiloxane, butylene glycol, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1, dimethicone, pentylene glycol, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, fragrance, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol, adenosine, magnesium sulfate, peg-10 dimethicone, peg/ppg/18/18 dimethicone, ethylhexylglycerine, cellulose gum, silica, limonene, benzyl salicylate linalool, synthetic fluorphlogopite, sorbitol, acrylates copolymer, disodium stearoyl glutamate, methylsilanol/silicate crosspolymer, butylphenyl methylpropional, aluminum hydroxide alumina, hexyl cinnamal {may contain} iron oxides, ferric ferrocyanide, bismuth oxychloride, titanium dioxide.

on 4/12/2015 9:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

one of my HG FOUNDATIONS!!!!!!!

I brought the foundation in the shade 8 - which the SA said was the perfect match. seeing as my skin tone is neutral and is slighty lighter around certain areas, I really feel a shade 7 would be better. I try to buy foundations that are SLIGHTLY lighter than my skintone so if they oxidise - I don't look terrible.

Let me just say, I LOVE HOW BEAUTIFUL THIS FOUNDATION IS. it is a light/medium coverage and it just blends like a dream. My face did get oily throughout the day - I touched up maybe 1/2 times and it did not look cakey at all - just beautifully natural.

I came home and had a nap with it on (bad I know) but when I woke up, my foundation looked still as flawless. I was on FaceTime to one of my friends and they thought that I had just freshly applied it on!

This foundation is targeted for more mature skin types, but its so perfect for my skin. I prefer a light/medium coverage with a matte finish - or even natural.

This foundation after 12 hours of wear still looked flawless- a slight glow on my cheeks and forehead and tip of my nose, but it was a beauty glow not an oily slick glow.

unfortunately, the bottle broke in my bag and basically RIP Foundation. Will definitely repurchase again though currently trying out new foundations before I go back to my HG.

on 4/3/2015 10:57:00 AM

I wanted to treat myself to something nice as my skin was awful and I wanted to feel a bit better, so I went into Armani and the SA tested some foundations on me, with the whole moisturizer, primer, corrector,foundation, powder, blabla, everything.
I quite liked the result, even though it wasn't something to write home about at all, very natural but not covering well, even though the SA said, this is their higher coverage foundation.

Anyway at the end I couldn't really afford more than one product, so I just got the foundation. By the time I got home and looked in the mirror, I felt like I could achieve the same look with a cheap BB cream.
For this price I expect more, more staying power, more coverage without looking fake, and just more result really. If my skin looks bad even after using all these products on me then how could I possibly recreate this at home with the foundation only?
I tried using it again at home and it settled in my pores, making them more visible and at the same time not evening out my skin one bit.
Very disappointing, so I'm returning it tomorrow. Adding the ridiculous price to the poor performance makes it even easier to return it.

on 11/20/2014 6:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

I have used this for over a month and it is the only foundation so far that works for my dry skin. The finish is similar to GA Luminous Silk and YSL Teint Touche Eclat - fresh and glowing, except that Designer Lift has more coverage than the former. Texture wise, it's semi-matte when applied to the skin with a more cream-like consistency, while luminous silk is on the runnier side . But it still produces the same light-weight, glowing finish which looks incredible in photos!!! I seriously look airbrushed. I wouldn't say that this is a full coverage foundation (full, to me is something like EL double wear), but you can definitely build it up to full when using it with concealer. I have some light acne marks and 1.5 pumps is enough for my whole face. Lasting power is normal on my dry skin (8-10 hours).

Can be applied with fingers for a more natural look, but I prefer using a stippling brush. I don't stipple, I swirl and use quick strokes so that it's nicely blended in.

I get lots of compliments on my skin when wearing this - which is crazy because in reality my skin sucks - but this has got to be the first foundation I've worn that is very skin-like and lightweight whilst also providing an adequate amount of coverage. (YSL TTE has good coverage but it looks very obvious that I'm wearing makeup).

For reference, I wear shade 5.5 for my NC 30 skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is one of my favourite foundations to wear for photos. This give a medium coverage and makes my skin look flawless. You do have to work quite quickly with it as it drys quite fast but it doesn't transfer. It does not give your face a lift but it does look great on your skin. I find apply with a stippling brush best for a smooth application :)

on 7/30/2014 5:58:00 PM

I like this foundation. I found that it covers lighter age spots relatively well and does not have a pasty or a mask look. It also lasts the entire day. I purchased color 5.5 which works well with my lighter/yellow undertone skin color. The downside of this product is that it is expensive. Would I purchase it again? Yes probably.

on 7/23/2014 11:07:00 PM

I had a sample of this and won't buy it...
The color #4 is a great match for me but looks weird pinkish in pictures, it is too greasy/oily and it may be a coincidence but I get tiny acne bumps everytime I use it. I may give it another chance in the colder months...

on 1/30/2014 1:30:00 AM

Picture-perfect? Flawless? Airbrushed? Yes to all.

Seems like I've tried every single foundation out there; Chanel, Dior, Lancome, Guerlain, Sisley - you name it. But GA Designer Lift by far is the best.

As usual, the main goal is to find your true color match. The foundation goes on smooth and watery, is buildable from medium to full coverage, isn't cakey at all, doesn't accentuate neither pores nor fine lines, covers redness and small imperfections like heaven.

Highly recommended for everyday use.

on 12/28/2013 6:30:00 PM

I am honestly surprised about the negative feedback on this foundation. I actually love it a lot to the point where it might even be my HG foundation! I find that the best way to apply is by using my fingers. I only need 1 pump per side of my face and once blended, it looks very natural and feels natural as well. It evens out my complexion and produces a semi matte finish with a glow (can't really explain it. It's definitely not matte but not really very dewy either). I have combination skin with dry patches that other foundations highlight but have not found it true for this one. I think it lasts a reasonable time but not the whole day though.

I am an NC35 girl and I use 6.5 in Designer Lift.

on 12/13/2013 12:17:00 PM

I bought this foundation based on a MA recommendation while looking to try the much reviewed and raved about Giorgio Armani product! Too bad I really disliked this. The price is crazy expensive for nothing special at all. This foundation is no better than a drugstore product at all. Horrible...The packaging has a pump so that is sanitary - the bottle is glass and very heavy. Not great to stash in your purse or travel bag.
Foundation goes on and just sits on top of the skin without melding...UGH horrible - I finally got it to blend a bit with the Beauty Blender + a foundation brush. Then i set it with powder - Within a few hours it had soaked into my skin or worn off ....either way my face looked splotchy! Yuckf...I ended up returning this

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I am wearing #3 which I find it matches me well. Watery, but dry out too soon and leaves me dry patches. Thin layer, looks natural though.

The Beauty Assistant wore the makeup for me, together with all other GA primer, corrector and essence. Face brightened up and lasted whole day, that's perfect. But I couldn't achieve the same effect with Designer Lift and my own routine skincare.

And those with dry skin better try in beauty store before spending so much! I share this with my sister, she wears better than me, no dry patches, and looks super natural and smooth.