August 20, 2014 | 1978 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Coffee Eyepencil

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Leahapril21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW this pencil makes my blue eyes pop! It is a gorgeous shade and has the perfect consistency, ie it doesn't drag the skin on your eyelid when you're applying it, easily smudged yet miraculously stays on my eyes all day without needing a touch up! It was introduced to me by a MAC MUA who applied it for me and I fell in love instantly. My new favourite eyeliner!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I have switched from using black to brown eyeliner for under my eyes during the day as its not so harsh and i love the results from this pencil, the colour is definitely softer than a black shade but still gives you a dark brown colour to define your eyes and it looks that you are still wearing an eyeliner! Great colour for green eyes as well!

This lasts all day and can either be smudged or left defined. Great price as well as the pencil is more sturdy then drugstore eyeliners.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by iLoveYoutwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have puny asian eyes, and black can be too harsh, and browns make me look tired or bruised. This coffee makes my eyes POP OUT. I have very dark eyes for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by missbioniclegs

Great eyeliner, I really love it so far, it's got a lovely texture that is easy to apply. I really don't like eyeliners that drag your eye but this one doesn't. It's easy to smudge and make a bit more smokey but it also stays put (for me anyway) for about 6-7 hours I'd say, it was still there after 7 hours but it needed a slight tidy-up is what I mean.

I think this will last quite a while as it's a pretty big pencil and I prefer it to jet black for day time, although it's still quite a dark brown/borderline black looking. I think I will be re-purchasing this one.

UPDATE: I say this with a heavy heart as I adore MAC's products and doubt I'll find replacements for many but I cannot repurchase their products now that they are not cruelty free due to supplying China. :( I cannot support cruelty for my own vanity.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by fustyluggz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my second favorite eyeliner pencil (behind MAC Phone Number). It is a really nice deep chocolatey brown without any shimmer. It glides so easily on the waterline/tightline, highly pigmented and no pulling whatsoever. It doesn't go on quite as easily on the upper lid but it's not difficult to use by any means. The color blends out nicely and actually lasts a very long time on my waterline - checking my eyes right now (I've been wearing it today for ~6 hours), it's still completely intact.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by lnielsen22

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love the color and consistency but do not love that this doesn't last and it even smears. I am off again to look for a pencil of this color that lasts but in order to do so, it doesn't look like I used a magic marker on my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Maggc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I've used the highly raved MAC/Bobbi Brown Gel eyeliner (their colour payoff is really good and lasting), Clio/Heroine liquid eyeliner but somehow at a point in time, their formula always end up making my eyes itch! It feels like powdery particles have dropped into my eye. I'm baised against pencils because it seems like their colour payoff is low and will not last me through the day.

However, upon discovering eye primer (I'm using Urban Decay), this MAC Coffee eye pencil has work wonderfully on me. With the use of UD eye primer, the colour payoff is very good (with a few swipes, it looks better than gel/liquid), does not smudge, and it lasts me all day. I would only need do minor touch up once after work and the look is as fresh as in the morning!

For my upper lashline, I draw it directly on my eyelids as close to my lash line as possible, and use a eyeliner brush to help blend/shape it a little. For my lower lashline, I prefer to use my eyeliner brush, go over the tip of the pencil to grab some colour, then apply with the brush on the lower lashline. This gives a softer, more even and natural look.

The shade of brown is flattering to my black iris and is definitely a good alternative to black which might appear too harsh.

I would highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by jilltaylor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My all time favorite pencil eyeliner. It is a good, deep brown that doesn't look too harsh on me-I'm pale with blue eyes. Black usually looks way too harsh. It has great lasting powder and blends well. It does smudge and the formula tends to work like one of the kohl pencils, although it doesn't claim to be a kohl. You can get other cheaper browns, but this particular shade and formula works wonders for me. Definite repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2012 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

You go on so smooth. You let me blend, reapply then blend again. A quick Smokey eye without tools can lead to confusion "is she on the walk of shame or not?"
True u may not stay for long when put up against that water line, but when I want my skin or my lips to take centre stage, then its you. Only you. Coffee. Soot is too harsh, a simple brown is insipid against me, but just like the hot beverage, coffee is my sunrise surprise. Hits the nail, every time.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by dizzielittlerascal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only brown eyeliner I can use without making me look tired. Its a lovely dark brown, with no red undertones. Its makes my blue eyes really stand out! I can't say how long it lasts without a primer, as I always need to use a primer (even with MAC Paint Pot), but with the primer it stays put all day. I only bought this about a month ago, and I can say that for once in my life, I am not wearing a black liner daily........hurrah!

Skin: NW20-25