Bare Escentuals The Truth

4.3

on 6/15/2014 6:59:00 PM

I am definitely not in the majority here. I know this is a HG eyeshadow quad for many women but it did not do anything particularly outstanding for my brown eyes and it is definitely not anything I can't recreate with what I already own. I purchased this because everyone was talking about it and although I do think the quality of the shadows is good I just don't think the "look" you create with it is all that unique. Maybe I am just not all that into an overall dark brownish taupe "smokey eye" look these days? Who knows....I just had mediocre feelings about this one. Gave it to my future daughter in law. (May be my age, too?) Oh well!

on 6/15/2014 3:14:00 PM

I'm extremely allergic to most eyeshadows, cheap or expensive. I was given a sample of this palette to try, and oh my god! Not only do the shadows apply like butter, but the staying power was good even on my oily eyelids, and best of all, no allergic reaction! I would buy again in a heartbeat.

on 9/29/2013 11:33:00 AM

The white cream color is terrible. It hardly shows up and has no staying power at all. The other three colors are great, especially the medium pewter color. There is a bit too much fallout with the darkest brown though.

on 2/18/2013 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Love it. This is one palette where I use all of the colors. The texture of the shadows are rich and buttery and makes it a dream to apply and blend each morning. I'm loving this much more, compared to my MAC shadows at the moment.
I chose this over the Naked palette as I need something low-key to wear to office everyday. On me, the colors from Naked palette were too shimmery and metallic, so I purchased this instead.
Tip:
the color Fate can multitask as nose contour powder
the color Serendipitous can multitask as under eye setting powder after applying concealer.

on 12/5/2012 10:07:00 AM

This has been the answer to a huge makeup problem for me. (I know, super serious makeup dramz.) I have spent a lot of dough on nude palettes and eyeshadow duos/trios/etc. without fully realizing my goal of looking like Morena Baccarin on Homeland. Part of that is genetics, let's be real, but I also just haven't found the right product for the job.

The end game is to look like a dewy fawn on the daily, with the option of upgrading to that sorta smoked-out yet not too heavy Penelope Cruz thing. I have a specific vision, don't judge me.

The high end palettes I have tried have mostly provided a wide range of going-out looks. They just didn't have the *right* colors. Some, like Naked 1, are too warm-toned and provide too much variety. I know this sounds silly, but I want just the one specific look. And the more cool-toned ones didn't have that cozy baby deer quality. Ironically, I have found the exact colors I need in a few drugstore palettes, but the quality and pigmentation just wasn't there. A couple of Nars duos were almost right, BUT WHY GET THOSE when this bad boy is PERFECT for $4 less and 2 more shades to boot.

I avoid Bare Escentuals. I just do. I don't like their foundation or their branding. I also don't like loose shadows. So I was super surprised at the amazing quality of their pressed shadows. The Truth is a quad (they have duos too, $20): warmish, not-too-frosty highlighter shade; medium satiny taupe; slightly darker, more bronze-y taupe/brown; slightly darker than that brown. I realize the shades sound very similar to each other, but this is a plus for me: the darkest shade doesn't translate into smoky when applied, which was my problem with many similar products. The highlighter shade is amazing - it absolutely does not translate as overly "done" or frosty and it's not too icy-toned for my medium olive skin (another gripe for many similar shades for me). The real standout though is the satin taupe. It's buttery, gleams without glitter or frost, and is just extremely flattering. Together, they create exactly what I've been searching for. Not to mention, they wear like iron.

I have another quad (The Possibilities) from a QVC Christmas collection, and that one is fabulous too. Well done, Bare Escentuals.

on 11/15/2012 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

My absolute favorite eyeshadow now! The colors work perfect together and I love the texture. They are buttery, pigmented and so easy to blend. This quad really makes my green eyes pop!

on 10/27/2012 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Even though I have roughly a million neutral eye shadows, this palette is still a winner in my collection. The quality of the product is top notch--buttery, and super pigmented. They're shimmery, but not ultra frosty. I'm one of those people who, when traveling, has a heckofa time paring it down to a bare minimum. I have a trip coming up, and this is all I'll need. I can get a casual day look, or smoke it up for night. Is it a mindblowingly unique collection of shades? No. But if you want a no-fair quad of high quality shades, this is it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I absolutely love this palette! I'm on a major neutrals kick and these shadows are so buttery and blend so beautifully. If you're not careful and overblend they can kind of melt into eachother into its own colour, but otherwise these shadows are just so easy to use. They last all day too with a primer. I got this palette for $25 at a military store and it was so worth it. Highly portable. I totally recommend this for people who don't have many neutrals or just want a small palette for travel. Not to mention, even with only 4 colours there are tons of possibilities for different looks. Trust me! It's a great palette.

on 7/26/2012 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These shadows are great,they are super blendable and creamy. The only thing with this palette is that the three browns are too much the same . The taupe one called magnatism makes up for it. Too bad It's not a single.

on 3/29/2012 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have another DUO (top shelf) from ME ready line. I used this set once and I haven't pulled for it since. I think my biggest gripe are the darker colors. They're too similar. The swatches displayed as the promo look very different from mine. I have one light flesh tone and 3 browns.

Just lacking some dimension.

Popular Palettes