April 21, 2014 | 1306 users online

Polishes - Butter London - Tart With a Heart

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by polishandprejudice

In the bottle, the base and glitter of Tart With a Heart have a honey-tinted look; I wore two coats of Tart With A Heart over Illamasqua Scorch (a white creme) and found that the base was actually tinted pink, and the glitter was a mix of sizes in sheer gold, pink and iridescent. I used the foil method for removal with no problems.

Overall, a nice polish, but I think that other brands have similar polishes or polishes that do the same job for a much cheaper price...but when I buy Butter London, I buy it for the brand prestige and the pretty packaging, really!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to buy this polish after checking it out a few times at Ulta. This was just so cute..and so was the name. It's a gold/champagne glitter with holographic pieces...a "happy" color. This dries to a matte finish. I love putting glitters like this over nude polishes. This applied very smoothly, with no clumps, and dried very quickly. I love "warm" glitters like this! I tried this on its own, and over Zoya Cho. This wore consistently and I did not have any chips during the two days I wore it. I will try it over black polish next as some of the other reviews I read have suggested. I'd buy it again if I lost it, and I love the BL packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by kimchas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this particular color as my topcoat. It is long wearing compare to other butter london polish. I have dark knight also, it chips in 3 days.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Melzy323

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have to tell you, I am underwhelmed with the entire Butter London line. The colors look gorgeous (in the bottle anyway) and the names are too cute but the lasting power of most of these polishes - even with the BL base and top coat - is a 2-4 days. Tart with a heart is the only BL polish I've had that lasts. However, it has the opposite problem - its nearly impossible to get off! Even with the BL polish remover (the best part of the line, IMO), I have to practically chip it off. Not cool for my nails. So in spite of the pretty color/effect, I won't be repurchasing this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Vilicious2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a rosey champagne with gold and slightly holographic glitter.

This polish is GORGEOUS, on it's own & layered over other polishes! You need at least three coats to reach full opacity, but I think this polish is meant to be layered over other polishes... I layered one coat of this polish over black & it was GORGEOUS! If you have this polish, I would highly recommend you try layering it over black. Your mind will be blown. The formula was great & I didn't have any problems with application, everything went smoothly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Jellyblob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the first Butter nail polish I bought. I also bought the set of nail foundation and topcoat at the advice of the SA who said it really increases the longevity of these polishes. It really works. My nail color has not chipped in a week! This nail polish does not look glossy. It has a matte finish which works really well with the glitter to create a look that is chic, not cheap.

The nail polish dries quickly and is easy to apply. As it goes on sheer, 3 coats will give yout a nice even coat of glitter. It is not too much trouble because the polish dries in a flash. The glitter feels a little gritty but not so much so that you'd end up scratching yourself if you happen to run it over your skin. I usually wear Chanel nail polishes but am sold on this brand for colors that are fun and playful. I hope they never discontinue this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by lisaxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

TWaH is an amazing glittler polish! The layering possibilities are endless and gorgeous! My favorite combo is over a green or teal polish. Right now I'm wearing one coat over two of OPI Don't Touch my Tutu, and it's beautiful! Thinking about putting another layer of OPI over to soften it just a touch. Amazing polish! Everyone needs it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Linda971

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this color! I used it with the Butter London base and top coat with 2 coats of color. I have very fair skin with a light tan and this color looks great with my skin tone. It has beige/neutral undertone with the glitter. The glitter has a little purple/blue flecks that sparkles in the sun. Gorgeous!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a weird polish. I was expecting a sort of pinkish, sandy colored version of Lippmann's "Stairway to Heaven." But this is a very different polish. It has microglitter, not flakes, holographic instead of duochrome glitter. On its own and over white I feel like it's a bit much. But it looks pretty cool over black polish. it is more muted and interesting somehow. The color's OK, but the formulation of this polish is so goopy and hard to work with. Would not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by eskimo122

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this color is absolutely gorgeous but it doesn't adhere to the nail. without a base coat, the polish simply slides off the nail in huge chunks within hours of application. with a base coat and a top coat, you get a few hours of wear but have chipping within the first day. i am so disappointed that this polish is so expensive but impossible to wear without instant chipping. I continue to wear it because it was so expensive and is so lovely, but have never gotten more than a few hours of a perfect manicure.