December 18, 2014 | 1656 users online

Stick - Tom Ford - Traceless Foundation Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2014 11:13:00 AM More reviews by abbasi

This foundation is absolutely perfect for dry and sensitive skin, and has truly buildable coverage. It's unlike any other cream foundation I've tried—and trust me—I've tried them all! While this foundation is expensive, the stick is GIGANTIC! More bang for your buck!

It's perfect for days I want a bit more coverage to even out redness, while still looking totally natural and dewy. I received this foundation a few years ago in Bisque, which matched my summer skin tone perfectly. Now (December) I'm a bit paler, but wasn't able to find this foundation anywhere! I was matched to Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation stick in Sand—but while the shade was perfect, the formula was far too drying. When I finally found a Tom Ford counter at Neiman's with the foundation, I found Fawn was my perfect match.

For those of you wondering about the shade (Fawn), it's VERY slightly less yellow than Bobbi Brown's Sand. Although I do have yellow undertones, Fawn looks far more natural on my skin than BB's Sand. So, if you've been wondering what shade to buy as someone who wears Sand, I'd say you're a Fawn too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I want everything: full coverage, blendable, natural finish, not drying, photographable, seamless color matching, lots of product, portable, and all wrapped up in beautiful packaging. This is it, and there's a high price to pay.

Really emollient, high coverage. I barely needed anything to cover. I could use this also as a concealer. This is amazing on my dry skin in winter. It gives a satin finish and last all day. This does not contain SPF. I am nc40 at the moment and I wear shade 08Caramel. I'm always happy to find foundations that match me. I carry this around with me in my purse instead of my usual powder compact because I'm so dry at the moment. I've already gotten compliments on my complexion wearing this. This is a huge stick of product and I don't know when I'll finish this. I didn't want to like this but I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by sentientglittercloud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an initial review, and will update as I understand how this wears. One important statement: several MUA posters have mentioned that the ingredient listing is exactly the same as the new Bobbi Brown stick. This is NOT the same stick.

Bobbi Brown skin stick:

Tom Ford:
Glyceryl Triacetyl Ricinoleate, Octyldodecanol, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene Kaolin, Ozokerite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Barium Sulfate, Polygonum Cuspidatum Root Extract, Morinda Citrifolia Fruit Extract, Caffeine, Bisobolol, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnimate. +/- Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica.

The ingredient listings are clearly not the same. The Bobbi Brown stick was too dry for me, and the Tom Ford is buttery and rich. The Tom Ford stick is easily blended, and has a slightly dewy finish, good for my normal to dry skin. I can see how ladies who have previously reviews who have normal or normal to oily skin would find this too moist. Excellent coverage. I have worn this for two days, and am looking for two things before updating my review: 1) how lasting is this during a 7am - 5pm workday, and 2) is it buildable later in the day (i.e. quickly touching up after work before going out to dinner).

Will update as my usage progresses.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by caseymac2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think you have to not be afraid of wearing makeup to wear this foundation. Like all TF products, it is intense and of great expense. This is my wintertime foundation. It is not great for oily skin or a glistening day. i often use it though where my other foundation just does not do the trick in covering up imperfections/problems with tone/redness. i get compliments on my face when i wear it -- but i wear intense full-throttle makeup all of the time so it works well. i am yet to be convinced that it would work for anyone trying to pull off an au natural look. I look forward to being challenged on this though! i always set this product with powder (not tf powder but a standard translucent) because i am not a fan of the dewy look. Great product but worth that much money? Buy the eyeshadow or a lipstick instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by vpivoine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation stick, best of all sticks I've tried.
For reference, I'm NC25/C2 and use the shade Natural. Dry sensitive skin, a little oily on T zone.

Pros:
- 15 g product, which justifies its price tag a bit (usually sticks are 8 g)
- very good coverage, can also be used as a concealer
- nice natural sheen finish
- not too dry or too oily
- lasts quite well

Cons:
- nothing at this moment (yes, amazing)

Usage:
I like to swipe on my face then blend with damp beauty blender. I do use primer before this (Laura Mercier primer).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by JMG2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was persuaded into this purchase in 04 Bisque by the associate at NM and although the product works well and delivers the expected look (finished, flawless, even...) the price is quite high and the associate said that you have to buy their foundation brush or else the finish wouldn't be as polished. I love the product but not the price and would have to really really really love it in order to rebuy---I do also have pretty good skin with no real issues and I do think that those people with skin issues would LOVE this foundation stick b/c the coverage is nice. For this price I would want this to be cruelty free.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Cornellian

Sticker shock city! $77 bucks! Ouch! You have to be a makeup addict to buy this. (what does that say about me? LOL). Overall, this is an elegant formulation, however, Bobbi Brown currently seems to have the same formulation ("new skin foundation stick") at a better price point (though the TF offers more product at .5oz where BB's stick is .31oz). This will last a long time though. BB has more extensive shades than TF, though TF seems to edge out BB on flexibility or "forgive-ability" between shading. What I mean by that, is the TF shades seem to encompass a wider range of skin tones per individual shade, whereas with BB you will want to find your precise shade in order for this to look good. You also will need to purchase the TF buffing brush for this stick to lay down nicely-- otherwise it seems a little stick and oily if I apply with my finger tips or directly from the tube. I'm a TF "bisque" (#4) and BB "warm beige." Definitely try before you buy at this price point-- get a sample or go in person to a counter. Overall, a great product, just very expensive (like all of TF's cosmetics).

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by JaydenReece

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so disappointed with this :( My first Tom Ford product and i had high hopes for this but should have known that this would not be a good combination with my oily skin :( This foundation looks absolutely flawless and cannot fault it on that.. It provides controllable coverage which means you can sheer it out to light coverage or build it up to full as it is a cream based product. This is truly traceless and i do agree it does look like a second layer of skin.. However did not last on my oily skin.. I found that only after 2-3 hours i was a greasy mess and even with powder i got so oily! This foundations finish is great however would be better suited to dryer- normal skin types.. If you have oily skin i would not recommend this! I am taking it straight back for a return tomorrow morning!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice emollient foundation. You have to apply with a brush to get a light application. It is my going out/I need a bit more coverage foundation. It feels very light on and doesn't cake. A bit too heavy for everyday wear, but nice for special occasions. It doesn't have any SPF so it photographs very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 7:06:00 AM More reviews by 1angel1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great foundation! I take the illuminate primer and then apply the stick foundation with my Shiseido foundation brush. It is a buildable foundation and really traceless. Covers my red birth mark. The price? Well, after purchasing high end foundation over the last 20 years which never satisfied my high expectations. Yes, it is worth that amount of money. You only need tiny much of the foundation.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No