September 1, 2014 | 1984 users online

Stick - Tom Ford - Traceless Foundation Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by caseymac2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think you have to not be afraid of wearing makeup to wear this foundation. Like all TF products, it is intense and of great expense. This is my wintertime foundation. It is not great for oily skin or a glistening day. i often use it though where my other foundation just does not do the trick in covering up imperfections/problems with tone/redness. i get compliments on my face when i wear it -- but i wear intense full-throttle makeup all of the time so it works well. i am yet to be convinced that it would work for anyone trying to pull off an au natural look. I look forward to being challenged on this though! i always set this product with powder (not tf powder but a standard translucent) because i am not a fan of the dewy look. Great product but worth that much money? Buy the eyeshadow or a lipstick instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by vpivoine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation stick, best of all sticks I've tried.
For reference, I'm NC25/C2 and use the shade Natural. Dry sensitive skin, a little oily on T zone.

Pros:
- 15 g product, which justifies its price tag a bit (usually sticks are 8 g)
- very good coverage, can also be used as a concealer
- nice natural sheen finish
- not too dry or too oily
- lasts quite well

Cons:
- nothing at this moment (yes, amazing)

Usage:
I like to swipe on my face then blend with damp beauty blender. I do use primer before this (Laura Mercier primer).

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by JMG2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was persuaded into this purchase in 04 Bisque by the associate at NM and although the product works well and delivers the expected look (finished, flawless, even...) the price is quite high and the associate said that you have to buy their foundation brush or else the finish wouldn't be as polished. I love the product but not the price and would have to really really really love it in order to rebuy---I do also have pretty good skin with no real issues and I do think that those people with skin issues would LOVE this foundation stick b/c the coverage is nice. For this price I would want this to be cruelty free.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Cornellian

Sticker shock city! $77 bucks! Ouch! You have to be a makeup addict to buy this. (what does that say about me? LOL). Overall, this is an elegant formulation, however, Bobbi Brown currently seems to have the same formulation ("new skin foundation stick") at a better price point (though the TF offers more product at .5oz where BB's stick is .31oz). This will last a long time though. BB has more extensive shades than TF, though TF seems to edge out BB on flexibility or "forgive-ability" between shading. What I mean by that, is the TF shades seem to encompass a wider range of skin tones per individual shade, whereas with BB you will want to find your precise shade in order for this to look good. You also will need to purchase the TF buffing brush for this stick to lay down nicely-- otherwise it seems a little stick and oily if I apply with my finger tips or directly from the tube. I'm a TF "bisque" (#4) and BB "warm beige." Definitely try before you buy at this price point-- get a sample or go in person to a counter. Overall, a great product, just very expensive (like all of TF's cosmetics).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by JaydenReece

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so disappointed with this :( My first Tom Ford product and i had high hopes for this but should have known that this would not be a good combination with my oily skin :( This foundation looks absolutely flawless and cannot fault it on that.. It provides controllable coverage which means you can sheer it out to light coverage or build it up to full as it is a cream based product. This is truly traceless and i do agree it does look like a second layer of skin.. However did not last on my oily skin.. I found that only after 2-3 hours i was a greasy mess and even with powder i got so oily! This foundations finish is great however would be better suited to dryer- normal skin types.. If you have oily skin i would not recommend this! I am taking it straight back for a return tomorrow morning!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very nice emollient foundation. You have to apply with a brush to get a light application. It is my going out/I need a bit more coverage foundation. It feels very light on and doesn't cake. A bit too heavy for everyday wear, but nice for special occasions. It doesn't have any SPF so it photographs very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2013 7:06:00 AM More reviews by 1angel1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great foundation! I take the illuminate primer and then apply the stick foundation with my Shiseido foundation brush. It is a buildable foundation and really traceless. Covers my red birth mark. The price? Well, after purchasing high end foundation over the last 20 years which never satisfied my high expectations. Yes, it is worth that amount of money. You only need tiny much of the foundation.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by ve

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: After 1 month of regular use:
1. the caffeine does irritates me.
2. I don't break out but it leaves my face red and irritated with minor break outs that dissappear after one day of not using it.
3. Now in Spring it's a no go. it longs 1-2 hours and then MELTS horribly, even in my dry skin.
I wish I could return it. but it is too late. Shame on TF, this is the worst foundation I ever tried and for this price tag... aghhh.

original review:
I bought mine yesterday, in 01 Alabaster, which is a NEUTRAL tone, not so pink as normally the shade alabaster in other brands is.
It is suitable for very light skin NW/NC 5 or 10 (reference).
It provides medium to full coverage, sometimes i like that, especially because redness in cheeks and pigmentation marks. And it is not cakey at all and it doesn't crease under the eyes.
I used it yesterday and today, so i cannot say much but so far I'm liking it... It's emolient enough for me to use (dry skin) and i used it w my fingers and of course it is not so easy to blend as a liquid foundation, but it's alright. tomorrow i'll try w a brush.
If it wasn't because the shade is perfect for me i'd return it only because price/performance... I'm sure that this consistency and incis are available in any brand that carries a wax foundation.
Note: it has some nasty ingredients such as caffeine (for me a no no) but so far (below) in the list that i haven't noticed any irritation.
It oxides immediately a little bit, just a tad and then it stays that shade during the day, so no surprises.
Being a TF product I would expect more but it's so far the lightest shade (and the most neutral shade) i can find in Berlin, so I'll keep it... update coming soon...

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by tinalrichard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I am pleasantly surprised by this product. I had read some reviews that said it was hard to blend, etc. I did not find it hard to blend at all. Goes on beautifully over a well moisturized face.. And the finish is something different than any of my other foundations. Supple, glowing.. I wouldn't expect anything else from this man's brand. Your skin looks touchable, yet evened out, healthy... I really am impressed.. Haven't seen any oxidation at all and it travels so well in my purse... For 78.00 I know it's a leap of faith, but it was well worth it! AND, you get so much product...

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 11:35:00 AM More reviews by starbucksandcigarettes

I have acne prone skin and was told by the sales assistant that this stick had anti-acne benefits.

It also is the only foundation that matches my skin colour perfectly. It makes my skin look glowing and youthful.

In terms of cover up, you need AMAZING, scar-free skin for it to cover up most blemishes. I can still see red marks under my skin a lot of the time and it doesn't really clear my under-eye circles.

Another downside for me is the packaging. For the price tag, I would have expected something a little less flimsy. The packaging rattles, unlike something from, say, Chanel.

I have bought this foundation twice now, and until I find another foundation I like, I will continue to use it as it matches my skin colour.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No