October 20, 2014 | 1898 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 9:15:00 AM More reviews by ecall1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pinky browns are my go to lipcolor. This is pretty swatched on my hand, but I don't see a lot of color on my lips. I use it when I want to smooth and shine over a lip pencil that I've lined and filled in with. Or its a good mirror-less touch up of balm when my lipstick starts feeling dry. On it's own there's not much color on my pigmented lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2014 1:28:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

A favorite for everyday.
I love this for work or anytime really.
It is a nice pinky brown that is wearable with my looks.
Feels nice on the lips too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

My first lip butter from Revlon - and it's a really good product! The formula is creamy and moisturizing, the price is right (BOGO 1/2), easily available and I really liked the color. This is a nice darker shade of my natural lipcolor, so it looks really nice and neutral but polished. This is not a super long-lasting formula, but it does last a decent amount of time. I was actually trying to get the Fig Jam color but they were out. Glad I tried it, I would buy this again when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Naima1587

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Can I first say the packaging is so beautiful! It screams, fabulous! I love when brands think about aesthetic of the product because it makes a difference. When I go through my two dozen of lip products that I have in my purse, (yes I said two dozen) this one definitely stands out from the rest.

Now for the actual product on the other hand. These lip butters set the standard for practical yet pigmented products. When I bought my first tube of Pink Truffle, I thought I was complete in what I thought was the never ending crusade in finding a MLBB color. It's a pinkish-rosy brown color which is a great pinkish nude for tan skin tones. It doesn't wash me out and goes great with pretty much anything whether if it's a neutral look or with a heavy eye look.

Then as other brands jumped on the bandwagon, they were coming out with different consistencies and colors similar to Pink Truffle which changed my preference. I gave mine away when I found the Clinique Chubby Sticks and the Burts Bee's tinted balms because the texture was thicker and not as greasy as the Lip Butters.

The product's name is actually as its description states. Ultimately it depends on your preference. If you like the slippery texture, then you'll love the lip butter. If you're expecting more of a thicker, moisturizing lip product, you may not be keen of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by mcpatty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have these in Red Velvet and Fig Jam- 2, one for home, one for my purse; I thought a nice neutral pink would round out the color spectrum nicely, so I grabbed Pink Truffle the other day at Target. I had been considering it, and as it was on sale couldn't resist. I was so happy with my choice- with a pink balm you can't really go wrong! I had been so pleased with the other two shades, and this one did not disappoint. I had started out with L'Oreal Le Balm, but was more intrigued by the Revlon shades, plus I love the packaging- Revlon seems to be adding Chanel touches- see my Whipped Colorstay Foundation review- the quilted design on the Lip Butter case is def a Chanel-y touch..Hmmm, will have to look for others- gold chains, perhaps ??! Would definitely repurchase, i.e., have an extra on hand !

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by LE9180

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is MLBB with my pale lips and NC20 skin, just like so many others have said. It's not an exciting color, but it's the most useful of my 12 Lip Butters. Unlike many RLB shades, it doesn't catch and appear lighter on chapped areas.

RLBs vary so much in color payoff that it's hard to make assumptions based on one color. And the formula/packing has major flaws (way too soft for a twist-tube) But if you're still curious, I'd recommend starting with this shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 9:25:00 AM More reviews by shortii53

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pretty MLBB color. I don't really care for yuong looking packaging of lip butters but I do like the look and feel. Pretty medium pinkish brown, looks very natural and is soft.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the lip butter, but have huge issues with the packaging.

This is a moderately neutral, leaning almost brownish, pink. For me, it's a slightly deeper than my lips but better. I'm very pale with rather pigmented lips, and it enhances my natural lip color and adds a touch of healthy sheen. Absolutely lovely.

But! This is the second lip butter I have owned where the bullet does not sit flush with the tube. Hence, as you push the bullet up as you use the product, it becomes a huge mess on the casing. I certainly wouldn't throw this in my purse. This was a huge disappointment, especially since this costs 12-15 euros where I live (Netherlands) and never goes on offer like in the US. A rather expensive investment for a product that quickly turns into a deplorable mess.

It doesn't suck my lips dry of moisture, but once it wears off there is no lingering effect. Because it is rather pigmented, I definitely need a mirror to reapply, and I am lazy and rarely bother to do this. It wears off rather quickly and does not stain. I love the color, but prefer to use the Catrice Pure Shine Colour Lip Balm in Rose and Woody to this. The Catrice product is sheerer, but the packaging is better and it is less hassle overall.

I don't know if the packaging has been a problem for others, but because this is the second lip butter I've had issues with in this way, I'd be hesitant to recommend. I rate the product itself highly because the color, texture, and result are lovely. I wish I could throw this in my purse.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by fengkycar

I love this! It glides on so smoothly and easily, and feels really comfortable on my lips. The colour is MLBB on my NC20 skin. I just wish Revlon products were more affordable in Australia. They are very overpriced compared to other DS brands.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have many lip butters that I hardly reach for anymore, but I decided to pick this up on a whim earlier this week and now I'm upset that I didn't buy this before! This is a MLBB shade for me. My lips are pretty pigmented and this takes it a little step further, makes them glossy, makes them smoother, a bit darker. I like that there's no shimmer or glitter at all. I hate glitter/shimmer.
This has JUST the right amount of brown in it and JUST the right amount of pink. I have a neutral skin tone, leaning cool, but my hair is very warm toned so it's difficult to find a lip color that works for me. This is the perfect every day lip color that I think will go with a lot of different makeup looks. It is kind of similar to the Made-It Mauve Color Whisper by Maybelline.
The formula doesn't last on me but that's because these kinds of formulas just don't stick around for very long no matter what brand or color.
The packaging is also nice, as with all of the lip butters. I've never had them break. The quilted pattern on the side is very cute.