July 29, 2014 | 1231 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the lip butter, but have huge issues with the packaging.

This is a moderately neutral, leaning almost brownish, pink. For me, it's a slightly deeper than my lips but better. I'm very pale with rather pigmented lips, and it enhances my natural lip color and adds a touch of healthy sheen. Absolutely lovely.

But! This is the second lip butter I have owned where the bullet does not sit flush with the tube. Hence, as you push the bullet up as you use the product, it becomes a huge mess on the casing. I certainly wouldn't throw this in my purse. This was a huge disappointment, especially since this costs 12-15 euros where I live (Netherlands) and never goes on offer like in the US. A rather expensive investment for a product that quickly turns into a deplorable mess.

It doesn't suck my lips dry of moisture, but once it wears off there is no lingering effect. Because it is rather pigmented, I definitely need a mirror to reapply, and I am lazy and rarely bother to do this. It wears off rather quickly and does not stain. I love the color, but prefer to use the Catrice Pure Shine Colour Lip Balm in Rose and Woody to this. The Catrice product is sheerer, but the packaging is better and it is less hassle overall.

I don't know if the packaging has been a problem for others, but because this is the second lip butter I've had issues with in this way, I'd be hesitant to recommend. I rate the product itself highly because the color, texture, and result are lovely. I wish I could throw this in my purse.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by fengkycar

I love this! It glides on so smoothly and easily, and feels really comfortable on my lips. The colour is MLBB on my NC20 skin. I just wish Revlon products were more affordable in Australia. They are very overpriced compared to other DS brands.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have many lip butters that I hardly reach for anymore, but I decided to pick this up on a whim earlier this week and now I'm upset that I didn't buy this before! This is a MLBB shade for me. My lips are pretty pigmented and this takes it a little step further, makes them glossy, makes them smoother, a bit darker. I like that there's no shimmer or glitter at all. I hate glitter/shimmer.
This has JUST the right amount of brown in it and JUST the right amount of pink. I have a neutral skin tone, leaning cool, but my hair is very warm toned so it's difficult to find a lip color that works for me. This is the perfect every day lip color that I think will go with a lot of different makeup looks. It is kind of similar to the Made-It Mauve Color Whisper by Maybelline.
The formula doesn't last on me but that's because these kinds of formulas just don't stick around for very long no matter what brand or color.
The packaging is also nice, as with all of the lip butters. I've never had them break. The quilted pattern on the side is very cute.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 1:09:00 PM More reviews by amaizeingndn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite lip butter, and my one of my favorite everyday lip products of all time. It's a nice rosey pink with a touch of brown and makes my lips the color I wish they were (they naturally have a very mauvey-blue tone and I look like a dead fish with no lip color on). I like to put this on and then blend it into the lips with my finger, otherwise I find these can kind of just sit on top of the lips and look kind of thick. I find the color lasts several hours but the moisture can wear off before that, so I'll top it with a little bit of balm sometimes. I think this one is very full color and is pretty much just a very moisturizing lipstick. It has no shimmer, and if you're looking to try one of the lip butters, I really recommend this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by tiffanydewdrop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this lipstick - lovely moisturising texture. A nice shade of nudey brown but with a hint of dusky pink. A good everyday all rounder for me. Cheap, too and frequently on 3 for 2 at Boots.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 6:32:00 PM More reviews by flappergirl35

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this color. It's a nude brownish pink that I love to wear with a neutral eye. I have to reapply often, because it's very buttery and tends to wear off quickly. However, it leaves my lips silky soft and supple.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 4:10:00 AM More reviews by cjsabile

My favorite shade out of all the Revlon Lip Butters! It is a great Fall/Winter shade or for even a semi-formal look. I wear this shade with my concert black for my symphony concerts since I play the violin. Consistency is great, I love the thickness and buttery texture of this product because it lasts long and leaves my lips moisturized! Some people say there isn't a scent, but there is a detectable vanilla "MAC" scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 11:55:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my FAVE revlon lip butter color! So easy to wear, great nudey dusty rose pink color. Creamy and not sparkly, very moisturizing. Will be a repeat purchase for sure. Great for daily wear, brings out my good looks rather than being a flashy color that hogs attention, just makes ME look good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Synfonia04

I bought this at my local KMart because it's closing so all the makeup there was 50% off. I went down the Revlon aisle and was looking for the lip butters since I've heard great things about them.

And thank god, this was the last one on the shelf! I quickly feared off the sticker to open the cap to see the real color and I fell in love with the color. I just had to get it, and it was only $3 so how could I say no to that?

I came home and tried it on and it's the perfect shade for me because it looks like my natural lip color. It went on smoothly and evenly unlike Wet n' Wild and other brands that I don't like. It was veryyyy moisturing, just like lip balm. OMG I love this!

I will most defiantly reperchase this!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover1018

This is the perfect MLBB color! I love the color. It's supposed to be a lip butter but sometimes I feel as if it dries out my lips. Does this happen to anyone?