Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

4.4

on 7/24/2015 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Well, I've broken down and re-purchased Revlon Pink Truffle Lip Butter more than once because of the color--on me it really is an MLBB shade. Sort of browny-pink and very moisturizing. But...but...but...the packaging! Oh, dearie me. As another reviewer has explained in detail, the product smushes out of shape, kind of twisting around in the tube when you're not even half-way down. Then it mashes against the sides of the tube and the outer cap and...eek. What a mess. I've found myself holding the product with a tissue and squishing it back down into the tube. And, yes, it is embarrassing to take this messy thing out in public.

If Revlon could figure out how to make this in a formula that maintained its solidity better, I'd definitely give it five stars. As it stands, I won't be rushing to buy another one any time soon.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Absolutely love this lip butter! I bought this product looking for a pretty shade that was wearable for everyday use, I didn't want a too sheer nude or a light pink. I adored the Pink Truffle shade, it's true to what one sees in the package and leaves a beautiful sheen without glitter. Such a gorgeous brownish berry tone without the drama of actually lipstick, definitely a great purchase!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The Revlon Lip Butter is a fantastic formula, and the Pink Truffle shade is a very wearable and pretty color!

▪Feels emollient when applying.
▪Goes on smoothly and leaves a beautiful sheen without being glittery or overly glossy.
▪Gives a lovely MLBB look that is neutral enough to work with many skin tones.
▪Perfect for a subtly polished, daily look, as well as layering with other lip colors / glosses.
▪Pretty packaging. 💄

I also have the lip butter in Peach Parfait, which gives a little extra pop of color with the same nice moisturizing formula. Happy with these Revlon Lip Butters!

on 5/12/2015 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Let's cut to the chase. Is this an exciting colour? No. No, it's not. It's the kind of colour which well-meaning beauty bloggers tell women over 40 that they should be wearing. It's a caramelized pink with a hint of mauve. But what it does for my light, freckled, slightly yellow-toned complexion is amazing. It simply…lights everything up. Does anyone remember Ultima II's Lipchrome (Maple, in particular)? Revlon's Colourburst Lipstick in Rosy Nude? They did the same thing. Perfect daytime lipstick that could, with a kicky flick of eyeliner, take you into the evening. One thing: I always consider it an asset to have an attractive lipstick casing to whip out of my handbag at the table. The cheesy coloured plastic on this number dials down the superficial Class Factor…though the actual product is superb for the money.

on 4/21/2015 8:35:00 PM

the packaging is horrible on all the lip butters. The product seems to be too soft and after a while shifts in the tube where it no longer lines up correctly with the tube. The product will then be scraped off on the edge when you attempt to roll it down. You are theb left with a messy tube where lip product may get on the inside of the cap as well if you don't clean it, but this is wasting the product. Yesterday the bullet broke while I was attempting to put some on. Most lipsticks would not break at this point. I scooped it out and put it in a pill case I bought at cvs (called fashion pill case and it has three compartments in a peace sign shape. The cover has a flower on it, but there are more designs. I thought this would be cuter than the other cases to have if I wanted to take it with me and since the lip product isn't long lasting, I would need to if I wanted to put this color on again). I like the convenience of a lipstick tube rather than using a lip brush so I don't know how much I will use the transferred product anyway. The scooped out product took up one compartment in my pill case. I have another lip butter which I expect I'll have to transfer over eventually after I use it for a little longer and it softens up. This is a nice color and feel on the lips it's also shiny, but not overly shiny, but the packaging is too bad that I will not buy it again. I'm in the processing of finding similar colors in other formulas/lines

on 4/21/2015 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this lip butter. It's a more mature, classic shade but not boring by any means. It's the perfect pop of color that goes with any look. It's one of those shades that brightens up your face when you wear it alone. It gives you a pretty, polished look and I'll always keep one of these around. Perfect every-day color.

on 4/11/2015 12:44:00 PM

Love the color n creaminess of the lipsticks but the packaging is a little cheap..the cap cracked but I'm still using it! đź’„

on 3/21/2015 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Medium

As some have said, this isn't the most exciting color; but it is one of the most wearable! As I'm older, I've found I really prefer the lip butters to either lipstick or gloss; the former is too heavy, and the latter too "young" (shiny and gooey). And this particular color is MLBB; just for comparison, I'm fair with pretty low color lips, and this reads pinkish brown on me, not brown. But really, it looks like my lips are just enhanced, bet most guys wouldn't think I had anything on. Soft and subtly shiny, you can use a rosy brown pencil first if you want a little more definition. I guess you could say this is "inoffensive," but that'd be selling it short! Note that I recently purchased a backup of this, I seldom do that!

on 2/20/2015 3:49:00 AM

From the packaging, it looks good, doesn't look cheap for a drugstore product. The product is smooth and pigmented. The color is like MLBB. It doesn't dry out my lips, instead my lips were quite moisturized even without lip balm.

on 2/18/2015 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This is a great product - awesome colour, definitely a 'my lips but better' one, and the colour intensity is perfect when you want something on your lips but don't want to wear lipstick. It is easy to wear and apply. Stores don't seem to be restocking this product so I'm scared that they might be discontinuing it so I have a spare one of these at the ready and am debating whether to buy another or start hunting for a dupe.

Popular Lipsticks