April 19, 2014 | 1831 users online

BB Cream - Boots - 17 BB (blemish balm)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by brilliantine

In the past I rarely bought the same makeup twice in a row. I constantly had problems with products changing colour and making me look orange or wearing off through the day. I tried foundations, mineral powders, tinted moisturisers and other brands of BB but never found one I really loved.

I've now been using 17 BB religiously for over 2 years and can honestly say it's my holy grail! I have quite sensitive skin, prone to spots and this really works for me. I apply with my fingers after letting my moisturiser sink in and it blends really easily without streaking. I usually follow with mua concealer but this probably isn't necessary if you don't have spots and dark circles!! I work in a bar and with a dusting of translucent powder it stays looking good all day and night.

My skin is a medium yellowish tone but I use the 'light' colour in this BB cream because of my fear of looking orange. My mum said the other day that my skin looks glowing which I was really pleased about!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Southwards

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

To be honest, I really hadn't worn make up before I tried this, unless you count a friend attacking me with foundation, lipstick and eyeliner as wearing it! But the fact remains that I do have an uneven skin tone on my face, and my nose does tend to be a little red.

I wasn't looking for anything too noticeable, just something that would cover up the blemishes and possibly help with the dryness as well. It was suggested that I look for a BB cream. So off I went, and chose this one. Went with the light tone, since I'm fair skinned.

I will say that a little goes a long way. It's quite creamy, and on first trying it, I did think it would be slightly too dark for my skin. However, once applied, it actually matched my skin tone really well. It does feel a little tacky when it first goes on, but I can cope with that. Once it dries, it's really light, and I tend to forget that I'm wearing it. Yes, it can make the T-zone look shiny, so others may need to apply powder over it or wear it over concealer.

For me however, it's perfect. It reduces the redness of my face, especially my nose!, covers minor blemishes (although it's not very good for spots) and is easy to wear. It's not that expensive, either, which is a plus for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 1:22:00 PM More reviews by KelsieOSullivan

This is the best coverage make up I have tried, with the bonus of it being better for your skin as it is more of a cream, than a pure foundation. it made my skin look flawless and covered my red cheeks and black under eye, it was just 6.99 which I thought was brilliant, I was looking for a cheap foundation but I would buy this over many expensive ones I've tried as it makes my complexion flawless and I dont need to use alot of it! definately worth buying

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by katybeth

I bought this after my friend telling me that bb cream is like foundation, but good for your skin, I thought great!
Not great!
This BB cream did NOT cover anything I needed it to cover, although I am picky with foundations/bb creams this one was just awful!
it sunk into every pore (sorry to be graphic!) it was cakey and flaked off in dry areas and felt heavy and made my face feel dirty, I definitely wouldn't recommend it for oily skin that needs to be covered up!
Pro's
-easy to get out of the bottle
-possibly good for clear, normal skin

Cons
-Cakey
-Slides off
-Heavy
-Low coverage
-Waste of money!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by PhoebeHS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have sensitive skin so have previously headed straight to the No7 counter when I go into boots, however I have been looking for a cheaper alternative for a while. I bought this product on a whim and totally LOVE it! I find it's just as effective as my £20+ foundation, and is less than half the price! It has a lovely texture and actually makes my skin feel softer. My only problem with it is the colour, I have fair-ish skin and the lightest shade is a little too dark for me, something I have not encountered before. However, with careful blending this is not really an issue. Also, its gives an extremely dewy look, which isn't always great in the summer when i'm trying to stay shine free, although frequent powdering solves this problem. Overall, a great price, but do not buy if you are very fair or have oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2013 2:12:00 AM More reviews by mervesen

After I saw these reviews I ordered from ebay, shade light. Normally I was using Missha BB cream No:13 (my face is a bit darker but I thought 21 will be too dark). This light shade product is not "light" at all. Maybe there was a production error but it was totally too dark for my skin. Also, the area I tried on my face got some red spots after applying it in 30 mins. It looks a nice BB cream with medium coverage if you are lucky to have a match with your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Heather1608

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really like this BB cream as it is very moisturising and creamy as well as having good coverage. The texture might be a bit thick for some people but works great for my dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2013 6:22:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have very pale skin, so none of the Boots 17 foundations are actually light enough for me; even the Porcelain and Ivory shades. 17 BB BLEMISH BALM feels a bit watery, so I wasn't expecting much. But the formula actually works in it's favour; it feels very light and silky on my skin and blending is super easy. Once blended, the results are a smooth satin finish, with surprisingly good coverage.

OK, it won't cover my hormonal breakouts, but my main problem is discolouration, which this product solves. It even reduces the appearance of my pores AND undereye circles too. I've found it to be transfer resistant, long lasting and it doesn't settle in my fine lines. Flaky skin? a thing of the past. I think the packing is very user-friendly; It's in a squeezable, slim tube, so you can squeeze all of the product out. Plus; it's a ideal size for small bags and the lid is very secure.

17 is a brand which is exclusive to Boots stores in the UK.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2012 1:36:00 AM More reviews by elisaleigh1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love love. Onto my second tube. It makes me look naturally better! I used to apply with fingers but now use my beauty blender- both work but the blender works better to not enhance dry flaky patches. I have Very dry skin. And SPF 25! My HG for day wear :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2012 6:34:00 AM More reviews by crazycatlady66

I bought this because I had a spot on my decolletage area that I wanted to cover and as I also have vitiligo around my collarbone thought it might even up the pigmentation in the area. I usually plan my purchases by checking reviews etc, but just happened to be in Boots so, as it was on special offer anyway, thought I might as well buy it. BIG mistake!! It caused me to develop millia all over my chest, together with some larger cystic pimples and clutches of itchy smaller pimples and it has taken me probably about 6 weeks to get the whole area back under control (although there are still some lurking under the surface). It (worryingly) seemed to me like it introduced an infection to my skin, but whatever it did, it is the most terrible item of makeup I have ever used in my life!