BeneFit Cosmetics Hervana

4.2

on 8/19/2015 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the only Benefit blush I own, so I can't compare it to any of the others. However, this is a blush I use quite often, if not weekly. The combination of colors create a very pretty orchid pink color, with definite lilac/mauve undertones which works well for skin with cool undertones. Since I'm neutral, (leaning toward yellow), this shade works well for me. A few of the shades have a slight sparkle, but it's not too glittery. In fact, it doesn't produce a shimmery effect when they are all mixed together, at least, not that I notice. Other reviewers have mentioned a scent, but if it has one it's too subtle for me to notice.
One of the biggest issues with this blush is that it's not highly pigmented (as other reviewers have mentioned). Through trial and error, I've found that the smaller the blush brush the better. A fluffier blush brush (like the RealTechniques blush brush) is going to be limited in picking up the product, which, has a lot to do with the packaging itself. Because the colors need to be swirled to be mixed, the small confines of the packaging interferes a larger, fluffier brush from adequately swirling, and you end up with more loose powder floating around the box that won't get picked up by the brush. So, using a smaller blush brush with shorter bristles results in picking up more of the product which also results in better color payoff.
The small brush that comes with the blush is only helpful for on the go touch ups. Even though it's a soft brush, and small, it's rectangular shape is ineffective for mixing the colors and just makes application frustrating.
I haven't had problems with this blush wearing off quickly, but I do use It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores HD setting powder religiously, which seriously makes my makeup bullet-proof for a good 8 hours.
I like this blush enough to consider purchasing in the future, even though it's on the pricier side. I've had it for about a year and a half and still haven't hit pan, although the center is indented where the colors meet, so I'm sure I'm pretty close. IMO, the price is worth the color, performance and how long the amount of product lasts you.

on 6/24/2015 2:13:00 PM

Not a huge fan. This doesn't last long on me at all and was just a weird color. The packaging is also really quite bulky and well it smells beautiful I don't think this is worth the price. If you're not super pale this color wont show up either. Try a different color from the same brand...the rest are amazing.

on 4/13/2015 6:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I absolutely adore this blush. It's a cool pinky purple that is fabulous on fair to light-skinned individuals. For those with darker skin, you may have a hard time getting this to show up on you. It's a mix of 4 colors - two of them have some very slight shimmer but honestly when applied I don't notice. I like to swirl all of the colors together and apply to my cheeks. It comes with an angled brush that is surprisingly very soft. I actually like the brush but I also like to use just a regular angled blush brush (my fave - Ecotools). The powder itself has a scent, I don't know - like roses? I personally love it. I love to wear this alone or on top of Benefit's Lollitint - such an amazing combination and the Lollitint really helps to bring out Hervana!

on 3/22/2015 8:24:00 AM

If you are looking for a cool pink blush with a bit of shimmer this works well. It is not deep, vibrant nor highly pigmented, so it works well on paler skin tones, and for day use. I was hoping it was going to be plummier, but it is more pink than plum. Seems pricey, but it lasts a long time. Note: I toss the brush and use a regular blush brush. I am NW 25

on 11/26/2014 7:53:00 PM

Really do not get the hype over this blush? Not very well pigmented at all, and lasts about an hour. Not for me

on 10/29/2014 1:35:00 PM

I love this blush. It's an absolute everyday staple for me. I am quite pale but I do like a good blush - I'm not really into this 'barely there' look. It would suspect it would suite most skin tones and I can't really fault it to be honest. I use a proper blusher brush with it and not the mini angled one that's provided with it - however I love using the mini brush for applying highlighter, it's just the right size! Would absolutely recommend.

on 10/25/2014 1:19:00 AM

I usually love Benefit blushes but am not madly in love with this one - it's good and it's a keeper, just not "wow" exciting.

On my NC15 yellow under toned skin I get a nice natural looking rosy pink flushed look from this, that does have good all day lasting power. I have to really swirl my brush into the blush and give about three applications to get a healthy blushed look going on.

My favourite brushes to apply this one are ELF flat top powder and the Bdellium Flat Top Kabuki brush. Really buffed in this blush is pretty and blends well over liquid foundation. The formula of this blush is not really powdery which is good so you don't get the chalky powder on top of foundation look going on if you use too much, it's quite forgiving and easily blended out.

on 7/1/2014 8:12:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This has been one of my most-used blushes over the last year or so - it's a perfect colour for my very pale skin and works with lots of different makeup looks. Overall, it's a very "safe" shade which gives cheeks a healthy flush, but nothing dramatic. Staying power is pretty good. Of course the packaging is part of the appeal! It also has a nice scent, although mine seems to have faded over time. Also, the brush that comes with this is actually pretty good, which is a pleasant surprise.

on 6/11/2014 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

As much as it pains me to say it, I have tried so hard to love it, but I really don't like Hervana. Normally, Benefit boxed blushes are so gorgeous, reliable, long wearing, but Hervana just doesn't do it for me.
The blush itself is made up of four different shades made up of 'Lucky Shell', 'Divine Peach', 'Heavenly Rose' & 'Berry Delight'. All of these swirled together makes for an orchid, rosy flush on the cheeks. Supposedly. For me, I love the initial pigmentation when I first apply it, but maybe after two hours or so it just doesn't show up anymore. I have an alabaster complexion and don't generally struggle to get blushes to show up on me, I think this is the first ever high end blush I've purchased that has fallen flat in terms of pigmentation.
The packaging is as ever, really cute and it is the 'Good Karma' blush, but the boxed blushes are always really irritating in that its hard to get a fluffy blush brush in there to pick up the product, and they give you the most useless brush of all time just so they can bump up the price that bit more. Overall, really disappointing, will not repurchase.

on 6/3/2014 11:18:00 PM

This is one of my most used blushes by far. I have NC30-ish yellow Asian skin, and the slight purple in this blush really brightens up my complexion and gives my a natural flush. It is a very interesting color, a pinky-peach with a hint of mauve that looks different on different skin tones. It's not crazy pigmented, but I like this because it's easy to build up the color to your desire without looking overdone. I also don't notice any shimmer when applied (although there is some in the box), and it lasts around seven to eight hours on me. The packaging is very cute, typical of Benefit, yet still practical. Overall this is an HG blush of mine that I use from winter to spring, occasionally in the summer, and I highly recommend it to people who have light to light-medium skin (it might not show up as well on medium and/or deeper skin tones).

Popular Blush Products