BeneFit Cosmetics Hervana

4.2

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

If you're a light skinned, cool toned girl like me, you need to try this blush! The colors swirled together creates a beautiful cool toned pink. It brightens my face and gives my cheeks just enough oomph to look healthy without being over the top. Yes, this blush is pricey but it lasts a long time and is great quality. Highly recommend!

Expensive product for what it is. Gives a great natural look if used lightly beware of using too much at once, it is very pigmented! Beautiful colour and surprisingly smells great! I am fairly pale skinned so it adds colour and gives it a bit of life to my face!

Comes with a good quality brush if you don't own your own. Don't regret buying because it is a lovely product but wouldn't buy again because of the price.

i was initially doubtful of it but the SA strongly recommended it. I felt it was too cool for me because i'm warm toned but it actually looks rather pretty on my skin, but you need a light hand on it as it's super pigmented.

i think it tends to oxidize? on my skin as the day goes...? at the end of the day i look almost red. does it happen to anyone else?

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

If you are fair and cool toned, you should try this blush.

I initially thought it might be more purple/plum colored, but it's a cool pink. It is so natural looking, when I do a sheer application of color on the apples of my cheeks. It adds a nice warmth to my cool toned skin, and really gives me a nice healthy look. I have been reaching for it 3-4x a week - quickly became one of my favorites.

It goes on quite sheer, but is actually quite build-able on fair skin. I use the real techniques blush brush, and it works nicely to pick up color. The brush that comes with it is not so great for blush, but I love it for contouring.

In the box, you see shimmer in the shades, but it is quite fine particles, because it is not so detectable when it's on your face. Wear time is pretty good. (not the best I've tried, but def not the worst)

The packaging is slightly bulky - but fits nicely into my makeup storage and travel cases though. The box is actually smaller than it looks in photos. I love that it has a mirror.

It does have a scent. Like a slight floral/vanilla scent - but I only smell it when I smell the box. I rarely smell the scent when the product is on my face. Although, I think I would prefer if they removed the scent completely.

I have read that the product quality is quite a bit less if you purchase the holiday sets though.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I can't explain how much I absolutely love this blusher! I bought it for £24 at John Lewis after doing a bit of research into which benefit blush would be best on my pale skin. Some days, my skin looks really dull and tired, so I normally just put on a bit of BB Cream, powder and put this on to the apples of my cheeks. It instantly adds a lovely rosy glow to my skin, and isn't overpowering. It's not hugely pigmented, but I think it's just the right amount for me. I use the brush that it came with, because I've used a contour brush and blush brush and I find they don't pick up enough of the product. A quick sweep of Hervana on your cheeks and you're away to go! Instant rosiness!

I will definitely repurchase this. I've had it for 9 months, I still have plenty left despite using it every day!

Well done Benefit! xx

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is the only Benefit blush I own, so I can't compare it to any of the others. However, this is a blush I use quite often, if not weekly. The combination of colors create a very pretty orchid pink color, with definite lilac/mauve undertones which works well for skin with cool undertones. Since I'm neutral, (leaning toward yellow), this shade works well for me. A few of the shades have a slight sparkle, but it's not too glittery. In fact, it doesn't produce a shimmery effect when they are all mixed together, at least, not that I notice. Other reviewers have mentioned a scent, but if it has one it's too subtle for me to notice.
One of the biggest issues with this blush is that it's not highly pigmented (as other reviewers have mentioned). Through trial and error, I've found that the smaller the blush brush the better. A fluffier blush brush (like the RealTechniques blush brush) is going to be limited in picking up the product, which, has a lot to do with the packaging itself. Because the colors need to be swirled to be mixed, the small confines of the packaging interferes a larger, fluffier brush from adequately swirling, and you end up with more loose powder floating around the box that won't get picked up by the brush. So, using a smaller blush brush with shorter bristles results in picking up more of the product which also results in better color payoff.
The small brush that comes with the blush is only helpful for on the go touch ups. Even though it's a soft brush, and small, it's rectangular shape is ineffective for mixing the colors and just makes application frustrating.
I haven't had problems with this blush wearing off quickly, but I do use It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores HD setting powder religiously, which seriously makes my makeup bullet-proof for a good 8 hours.
I like this blush enough to consider purchasing in the future, even though it's on the pricier side. I've had it for about a year and a half and still haven't hit pan, although the center is indented where the colors meet, so I'm sure I'm pretty close. IMO, the price is worth the color, performance and how long the amount of product lasts you.

Not a huge fan. This doesn't last long on me at all and was just a weird color. The packaging is also really quite bulky and well it smells beautiful I don't think this is worth the price. If you're not super pale this color wont show up either. Try a different color from the same brand...the rest are amazing.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I absolutely adore this blush. It's a cool pinky purple that is fabulous on fair to light-skinned individuals. For those with darker skin, you may have a hard time getting this to show up on you. It's a mix of 4 colors - two of them have some very slight shimmer but honestly when applied I don't notice. I like to swirl all of the colors together and apply to my cheeks. It comes with an angled brush that is surprisingly very soft. I actually like the brush but I also like to use just a regular angled blush brush (my fave - Ecotools). The powder itself has a scent, I don't know - like roses? I personally love it. I love to wear this alone or on top of Benefit's Lollitint - such an amazing combination and the Lollitint really helps to bring out Hervana!

If you are looking for a cool pink blush with a bit of shimmer this works well. It is not deep, vibrant nor highly pigmented, so it works well on paler skin tones, and for day use. I was hoping it was going to be plummier, but it is more pink than plum. Seems pricey, but it lasts a long time. Note: I toss the brush and use a regular blush brush. I am NW 25

Really do not get the hype over this blush? Not very well pigmented at all, and lasts about an hour. Not for me

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products