December 22, 2014 | 1788 users online

Deodorants - Soapwalla- Deodorant Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by lillimariel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Trying it on a very humid New England day, and so far so good. Mind you, even my Degree antiperspirant is not working so well, so I am quite happy with Soapwalla performance.

I do have sensitive skin so I will update when I have used it for more than 2 weeks.
In the meantime I plan to shower, exfoliate & moisturize in the evening and then apply this in the morning. We'll see if that get's me by without the rash so many are reporting.

Update: It has been 2 days of use and this is definitely working better than my Degree antiperspirant. Also, no stink after vigurous exercise. Quite surprising. No rash yet, fingers crossed.

Update2: It's been 2 weeks now, so I am adding a lippie. HG deodorant. I followed the instructions and no rash whatsoever, and I have super sensitive skin (shave at night, exfoliate and moisturize). I do reapply once a day, on these hot summers (I go for walks on 80 degree weather, even while at work) and no stink! I even asked my sister, who is not afraid to tell me the honest truth, and she thought I didn't stink at all - now she is trying Soapwalla out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2014 7:40:00 AM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is great. There's not really much to say that hasn't already been said, but I'll share my experience of using this for about a year now --

The smell is nice, fresh, clean. The texture is like a thick paste or a soft clay, you massage it into your armpits with your fingers. It sinks in quickly, unless you are already sweating under your arms, in which case it's harder to work with (duh). This deodorant doesn't stop you from sweating, but it does stop you from smelling. It's not bulletproof like intense chemical-packed antiperspirants. You can't apply this to an already-smelly body and expect it to kill the stink. It is possible to start smelling a bit under the worst conditions, BUT - if you start off with a clean body and dry pits, work this in well, and wear clean clothes it's more than adequate to take you through normal daily sweating, which includes exercise.

The packaging in the jar does mean that if you're not careful you'll end up with deodorant cream under your fingernails; it's not a big deal, but it annoys me, so I keep a miniature plastic spoon with mine to scoop out the product. I use something like a large-ish pea size per armpit, and make sure I cover the whole armpit area while rubbing it in. You'll probably want to rinse off your fingers after applying.

This isn't really something you want to keep layering on without washing. (Maybe this should be obvious, but in case someone's wondering, I'm going to cover it ... ) If you're, for example, going camping, and you're not going to be able to wash for a week, if you just keep re-applying this you'll end up with a bit of a sticky mess. You might be better off with one of those crystal stones - I don't know, I haven't used them. I wouldn't apply Soapwalla Deodorant Cream more than about twice, maybe three times without having a shower -- which works fine for me and my life.

I haven't gotten a rash. However, I'm not an every-day armpit shaver (shudder! THAT would give me a rash!) and I prefer to shower in the evening, so that means I'm not putting deodorant straight onto just shaved armpits. Also, I do moisturize my pits when I moisturize the rest of my body (dry skin all over) since I figure just because I sweat there doesn't mean my skin isn't still dry and in need of care. So I've never found my armpits to be massively sensitive, because I don't abuse the skin too much.

Soapwalla deodorant does contain a lot of essential oils which can be irritating to some people's skin: lavender, tea tree, orange, peppermint, bergamot -- so I think if you know you're sensitive to any of these ingredients (or others in the blend!) you should use caution.

I can't really compare this to other 'natural' or nasty chemical free deodorants, because although I know I've tried some in the past, I can't remember exactly which ones, because I was never happy with them and thus returned to conventional deodorants. When I decided to try an alternative again, I did my research and chose Soapwalla based on the consistently good reviews I read - and I haven't felt the need to seek further.

(*: certified organic, +: food-grade)
Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Oil*; Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Oil*; Rosehip Seed Oil*; Butyrospermun parkii (Shea) Butter; Corn Starch*+; Sodium Bicarbonate+; Kaolin Clay; Vegan Kosher Glycerin*+; a custom blend of essential oils, including: Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender)*; Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree)*; Citrus Sinensis (Sweet Orange); Mentha Piperita (Peppermint)*; Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergaptene-free Bergamot)*; Non-GMO Soy lecithin*+; Non-GMO Vitamin E*+.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by boobie

I'm so glad I found this. I have tried many aluminum-free deodorants and none of them worked for me so far. This one does! It smells wonderful of lavender and peppermint and keeps me fresh all day. In the beginning I was sceptic and reapplied around noon, but there is no need for this as I discovered recently. I will not buy any other deodorant anymore. Thanks soapwalla!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Averyemvy

This is by far the best natural deodorant that I have ever tried (and I have tried A LOT). This stuff really does the trick in eliminating smell of BO. I honestly will never go back to a drug store brand. The only thing worth mentioning is that it DOES NOT stop you from sweating. This is by no means an anti-persperant. So, if you are looking for something to stop the sweat, this is not for you. However, this bad boy stood the test of hot yoga, and I smelled FABULOUS after a 75 min hot class. This stuff wins for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by PollyWannaCocktail

This works well to prevent odor, I was really excited about it...unfortunately, it gave me a terrible rash under my arms.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by mamma30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried many so many natural deodorants when I decided to ditch the antiperspirant . Like many others on this journey I tried different brands and scoured the Internet for recommendations , I was getting a bit dis heartened in my search for something that left me odour free for more than a couple of hours . Thank goodness I found this one by soapwalla ! I have been using it for a couple of weeks and have been very pleased when I take my clothes off at the end of the day I sniff to check and there is no BO smell ! Including working on a busy 8hr flight . All the other natural deo's i tried made me stink at the end of the day even if i applied more than once . It is winter so I will be interested to see how it holds up in the heat . I shall update my review when flying to hot countries . The only problem I have found is its hard to get hold of , in uk I got it on being content after waiting for it to come back instock .

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Evee23

I bought this over a year ago, tried it a few times and didn't think it was working very well. Three months ago I rediscovered it and, wow, it's amazing!! Smells great, doesn't irritate my skin and keeps me smelling fresh. It's really important that if you're switching from a regular antiperspirant to give your body a chance to detox before deciding if a natural deodorant is working or not. Love this stuff, it's all I use now!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I switch this up with coconut oil every once or twice a week. It doesn't leave a white cast, doesn't flake off, and I couldn't believe it when after 12 hours of being out and about, there was NO SMELL. I also try to skip applying anything on my underarm whenever I know I can afford to (e.g. wearing full sleeves, staying home all day).

For those of you who find that this deodorant cream doesn't work for you right after you have switched to this from your usual, chemical-loaded products, try using coconut oil for a while and then come back to this. It lets your body detox from having used all those chemical loaded products. I have found that it works much, much better to control the odour.

Also, sweating is a natural process, so keep that in mind and skip deodorants if you can on days you know you're not going to need it. That allows the skin to breathe and regenerate. As a habit, I always carry a pack of wet wipes in my bag and wipe my underarms down midway through the day. Keeps you feeling and smelling fresher for longer.

I've been using this for 2 whole months now and I didn't want to believe it, but yes, this gave me UNBEARABLE rashes. I'm probably really sensitive to the drying effect that the baking soda is causing. A lot of users have reported breaking out a rash because of the baking soda. Please do a spot test before you slather this product on liberally. I'm battling burns, discoloration and extremely dry skin right now.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted this to work. I bought this based on a review by Jen Sinkler, an online fitness personality. I wanted to try an aluminum-free deodorant, and figured if it held up during her workouts, then it should work for me. The product itself is pretty cool. It smells phenomenal (if you like herbal scents) and is slightly gritty in texture but easy enough to apply. I tried it for just over a week. The first two days it barely lasted till lunch. After that, I began to sweat a lot less and it kept away odor for the entire work day, but I still felt a constant dampness under my armpits. I also developed a little sensitivity and slight redness. Nothing horrible, but it went away as soon as I stopped the product. I have since switched back to Dove, which I've used for years, and my armpits are nice and dry again. I might finish my little tub of deodorant cream when its no longer the height of summer here in Texas, but right now I need a more powerful product for these 100+ degree days.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by NiikiN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have literally tried dozens upon dozens of natural deodorants. Nothing seemed to work until I ran across this little gem! It a great natural deodorant that I didn't need to re-apply and held up during intense training in the gym! Doesn't make me smell, it actually works! I would totally recommend this product. FYI I have super sensitive skin, especially my underarm skin, and this product has made me break out in a rash or darken my under arms or anything. Truly a good natural product!