April 25, 2014 | 1129 users online

Deodorants - Soapwalla- Deodorant Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Averyemvy

This is by far the best natural deodorant that I have ever tried (and I have tried A LOT). This stuff really does the trick in eliminating smell of BO. I honestly will never go back to a drug store brand. The only thing worth mentioning is that it DOES NOT stop you from sweating. This is by no means an anti-persperant. So, if you are looking for something to stop the sweat, this is not for you. However, this bad boy stood the test of hot yoga, and I smelled FABULOUS after a 75 min hot class. This stuff wins for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by PollyWannaCocktail

This works well to prevent odor, I was really excited about it...unfortunately, it gave me a terrible rash under my arms.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 7:31:00 AM More reviews by mamma30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried many so many natural deodorants when I decided to ditch the antiperspirant . Like many others on this journey I tried different brands and scoured the Internet for recommendations , I was getting a bit dis heartened in my search for something that left me odour free for more than a couple of hours . Thank goodness I found this one by soapwalla ! I have been using it for a couple of weeks and have been very pleased when I take my clothes off at the end of the day I sniff to check and there is no BO smell ! Including working on a busy 8hr flight . All the other natural deo's i tried made me stink at the end of the day even if i applied more than once . It is winter so I will be interested to see how it holds up in the heat . I shall update my review when flying to hot countries . The only problem I have found is its hard to get hold of , in uk I got it on being content after waiting for it to come back instock .

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Evee23

I bought this over a year ago, tried it a few times and didn't think it was working very well. Three months ago I rediscovered it and, wow, it's amazing!! Smells great, doesn't irritate my skin and keeps me smelling fresh. It's really important that if you're switching from a regular antiperspirant to give your body a chance to detox before deciding if a natural deodorant is working or not. Love this stuff, it's all I use now!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I switch this up with coconut oil every once or twice a week. It doesn't leave a white cast, doesn't flake off, and I couldn't believe it when after 12 hours of being out and about, there was NO SMELL. I also try to skip applying anything on my underarm whenever I know I can afford to (e.g. wearing full sleeves, staying home all day).

For those of you who find that this deodorant cream doesn't work for you right after you have switched to this from your usual, chemical-loaded products, try using coconut oil for a while and then come back to this. It lets your body detox from having used all those chemical loaded products. I have found that it works much, much better to control the odour.

Also, sweating is a natural process, so keep that in mind and skip deodorants if you can on days you know you're not going to need it. That allows the skin to breathe and regenerate. As a habit, I always carry a pack of wet wipes in my bag and wipe my underarms down midway through the day. Keeps you feeling and smelling fresher for longer.

I've been using this for 2 whole months now and I didn't want to believe it, but yes, this gave me UNBEARABLE rashes. I'm probably really sensitive to the drying effect that the baking soda is causing. A lot of users have reported breaking out a rash because of the baking soda. Please do a spot test before you slather this product on liberally. I'm battling burns, discoloration and extremely dry skin right now.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2013 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Sjez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted this to work. I bought this based on a review by Jen Sinkler, an online fitness personality. I wanted to try an aluminum-free deodorant, and figured if it held up during her workouts, then it should work for me. The product itself is pretty cool. It smells phenomenal (if you like herbal scents) and is slightly gritty in texture but easy enough to apply. I tried it for just over a week. The first two days it barely lasted till lunch. After that, I began to sweat a lot less and it kept away odor for the entire work day, but I still felt a constant dampness under my armpits. I also developed a little sensitivity and slight redness. Nothing horrible, but it went away as soon as I stopped the product. I have since switched back to Dove, which I've used for years, and my armpits are nice and dry again. I might finish my little tub of deodorant cream when its no longer the height of summer here in Texas, but right now I need a more powerful product for these 100+ degree days.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by NiikiN

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have literally tried dozens upon dozens of natural deodorants. Nothing seemed to work until I ran across this little gem! It a great natural deodorant that I didn't need to re-apply and held up during intense training in the gym! Doesn't make me smell, it actually works! I would totally recommend this product. FYI I have super sensitive skin, especially my underarm skin, and this product has made me break out in a rash or darken my under arms or anything. Truly a good natural product!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 7:36:00 PM More reviews by laughinguacamole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this last summer and used it exclusively during a month-long european choir tour. I had absolutely no complaints smell-wise. I did sweat, but as I don't shave my armpits the hair helped absorb moisture. I have since bought another tub. I love that you apply it with fingers, much more control over amount!

THE PROBLEM: after a while, I started getting sort of peely, and my skin was very irritated, dark, and would flake off (looked NASTY, but I was the only one who really looked at my pits.)

WHAT I'M PRETTY DAMN SURE THE PROBLEM WAS DUE TO: baking soda. It's abrasive stuff, and it's the main ingredient. Some people have more sensitive skin than others, but I do think that the aforementioned pit-nastiness will eventually happen to everyone. If it doesn't, I'm insanely jealous!

I used this through the first part of fall and winter, but when I got a role in a musical that included lots of dancing and armpit scrutiny, I decided to shave my pits, and along with it I began using regular old Dove again. It worked well enough, but by the time spring rolled around, it had stopped working.

NOW: I've been back to Soapwalla for a couple of weeks, and so far no problem. I intend to try mixing up my own version, and have done some research on arrowroot powder, a possible non-abrasive substitute for baking soda.

Sorry for my ramblings, hope to offer some insight to what this eventual problem is! I really do support Soapwalla, though. I think the woman has some really cool stuff going on, and I hope she can continue to supply this product for anti-aluminums everywhere!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2013 7:28:00 PM More reviews by CarsickMathNinja

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been trying to avoid deodorants/antiperspirants that contain aluminum, and after doing some exhausting research, I decided to try this product based on numerous positive reviews on many different sites. I don't mind the application, packaging, or scent, honestly. I knew going into it I was going to have to rub the cream into my pits.

The product itself is a very thick cream that you must rub into your armpit. It is a bit gritty in nature and doesn't feel wonderful when being rubbed in. I like the fragrance, as I found it to be very natural and herbal. I can definitely detect the tea tree oil, lavender, and citrus in there. It didn't irritate my skin, which is pretty sensitive.

My biggest problem with this product is that it doesn't last AT ALL on me. I mean, I'm a pretty stinky sweat monster, so I don't expect that much, but it literally prevents odor for all of an hour or two. After that, I stink like a musty attic. It does nothing to prevent perspiration, either. I know it doesn't claim to, but I've used some natural deodorants that actual helped with dampness. On the bright side, it didn't leave any lingering odors or stains in my clothing.

This is worth a try if you are going natural in your beauty regiment. It seems to work for a lot of others, just not for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2013 10:13:00 PM More reviews by agir002

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

BEST natural deodorant I have tried so far!

I bought a small wooden stick to apply it with as I dont like using my fingers. The stick fits in the box on top of the jar of product

Pros: Long lasting and keeps me stink-free
I like the smell
Chemical free!!!

Cons: A bit expensive but it lasts for ages