September 22, 2014 | 1539 users online

Cleansers - Acure Organics - Facial Cleansing Creme Olive + Mint

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by eclair9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I decided to try this after finishing my bottle of Acure Organics Gel Cleanser (which didn't do anything for my skin). Well, this one is also foaming! I'm not quite sure why if it's formulated for normal/dry skin. Wouldn't that just be stripping? After using it twice a day for many weeks, I noticed my skin was feeling tighter. I think this was too harsh for my skin type. Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2012 7:28:00 PM More reviews by MICKADEEDONG

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let me start out saying that I have dry rosacea affected skin. And this cleanser made it worse.
It says that it is formulated for dry and sensitive skin. It looks thick and creamy. To my surprise is foamed up really well, but I believe it's foaming ability dried out my skin like no other! I have never used a cream cleanser that made my face this tight and flaky. After a 2 week trial I switched to another face wash and the rough dry flakyness went away. Such ashame since it's all natural. I found it very misleading to advertise this for senstive skin and to also state on the package that the cleanser will not destroy skins natural acid mantle. Well it did. I also did not care for the smell. It was very spearmint with a hint of lemongrass (reminded me of an all natural toothpaste being rubbed on my face), not a good combo IMO. Luckily I kept the reciept and returned to Whole Foods.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by ohmymollysue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this cleanser. It is chock full of amazing ingredients and I can both read and understand everything on said list. That in itself is truly miraculous in today's world, pitted with processed this and that. Anyway, this cleanser doesn't leave my skin feeling tight, nor is there a yucky film leftover after cleansing. It smells fresh and has a nice texture to it as well.

I'm on Retin-A Micro, so a gentle cleanser is definitely a must. However, my oily-combination mother also adores this product. So, I'm sure it will work for just about any skin type.

The only negative for me is it is pricey for a really tiny bottle so I've cut back to using it just once every night and skipping morning cleanses. I also despise the packaging. I guess the pump packaging must have been the older version and maybe it got expensive because now they come in just a squeeze tube. It's just a fussy detail but I thought I'd mention it o_O

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a really nice cleanser. It smells super yummy...all minty and delicious, just like their face scrub. It's creamy and green and suds up with water even though it's called "cleansing cream". They say it's for dry skin, yet it will still dry you out if your not careful. Doesn't cause me to break out, yet still doesn't leave me feeling completely de-gunktified as their gel cleanser. The packaging is ho-hum just like the other cleanser...but, oh well. I would recommend for those with combination skin...not really for serious dry or sensitive skin folks....since it still seems like a strong cleanser with all that mintyness.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2012 10:09:00 AM More reviews by Belann

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This cleanser has been very gentle on my sensitive skin. My face does not feel as tight and dry as most of my previous cleansers and the smell is pretty good, unlike many organics.

I buy this at Whole foods and found out that this is listed as premium organic. Over 400 ingredients found in many products, inluding organic or natural products, cannot be in the product to be considered premium organic.

The list of ingredients is incredible. Olive oil, argon oil, coca butter, Blackberry and rosehips are at the top of the list. My face is not left red or with a film and, don't worry, you will not feel like oil is being rubbed all over your face. It does not have an oily consistancy.

This cleanser is so popular that demand has exceeded availabilty. Since Acure, now a rather small company, I hope they will increase production and maybe hire some lucky people!
4/7/2014 I quit using this a long time ago. It ended up drying up my skin. Much better for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 11:34:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my current cleanser. I tend to stay away from purely organic lines as they usually contain far too many fruit extracts and oils - both hydrating and essential - and after a few days of use, my skin would break out in pimples or itchy patches. Acure's cleansing creme is the first one of its kind that I can use regularly without any irritation whatsoever. It's very aromatherapeutic and my skin feels comfortable after rinsing. ~~~INGREDIENTS: acai berry * blackberry * rosehips * pomegranate * calendula * chamomile * rooibus * sugar soap * aloe vera leaf juice * cocoa seed butter * Olivoyl PCA * Sodium PCA * virgin coconut oil * olive oil * fermented sugar * Chlorella growth factor * cetearyl glucoside * Vit E * potassium sorbate * argan oil * sage, lavender, lemongrass, & spearmint essential oils

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by beautyfan123

I started using Acure products about four months ago after a Whole Foods sales person recommended the line. The line is so affordable and the products have gotten my hormonal/clogged skin under control. I went for a facial to kick start things and then started using this. It does not break me out and cleans well. The products are all-natural and company is green as far as packaging. This creme cleanser smells great (mint) and is gentle on my skin. It removes makeup while getting skin clean. I also use the brightening facial scrub sea kelp + chlorella growth factor (once/twice/week) and the radical resurfacing facial lotion (which I've seen results from). This cleanser is a very nice product and very reasonably priced when on sale.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by dancer156

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an absolutely phenomenal product! I have tried MANY other natural cleansers, and this is the only one that doesn't break out my skin or strip it of moisture. I have combination skin (more on the oily side) and this did a great job of balancing my oil production. You only need the smallest amount to cover your face, so the bottle will last a long time. It is very creamy, but washes off well (does not leave behind residue), so your face feels truly clean. I use this along with Acure's red tea toner, resurfacing lotion, and argan oil. My super acne-prone skin is finally under control!