Origins Brighter By Nature Skin Tone Correcting Makeup

active ingredients: octinoxate 7.50% titanium dioxide 3.00% octocrylene 1.00% inactive ingredients: mica lauroyl lysine cellulose acetate dimethicone ascorbyl palmitate rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) extract punica granatum (pomegranate) juice extract sanguisorba officinalis (burnet) root extract curcuma longa (turmeric) root extract caprylyl methicone methicone ethylhexylglycerin caffeine oryzanol isostearyl sebacate disodium stearoyl glutamate pentylene glycol zinc myristate silica glycyrrhetinic acid alumina citrus aurantifolia (lime) oil*, citrus grandis (grapefruit) peel oil*, cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass) oil*, mentha viridis (spearmint) leaf oil*, salvia sclarea (clary sage) oil*, ormenis multicaulis (chamomile) oil*, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) flower oil*, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil*, thymus vulgaris (thyme) oil*, coriandrum sativum (coriander) fruit oil*, limonene, linalool [] phenoxyethanol [] [+/- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] titanium dioxide (ci 77891)

on 9/25/2015 6:58:00 PM

Even though I go through about 1 of these per month, it is worth it. Best powder foundation on the market, bar none. Beautiful, luminous coverage with no powdery look. Long wear. So natural looking. Compliments on my skin all the time. It is like it melts into your skin. SPF 30. Nice compact, quality sponge. Give this a try.

on 5/18/2014 7:37:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

This is BY FAR the best powder foundation I've ever used...... it goes on so silky and smooth... a very good full cover that never looks too heavy.... i have used this one powder for years since discovering it... nothing compares and I've given up looking for anything that comes close!..... a great colour range as well.. im fair and shades 01,02 and 03 all suit.... i mostly go for the 03 to give a bit of colour.... but it covers all imperfections like magic.... never stop doing this powder, Origins!!! I have stocked up just incase... as anything i like it seems is eventually 'discontinued' - arrggh!!!

on 7/30/2013 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a good powder foundation if you are looking for light natural coverage. I have this in shade #02 /Very Light - Warm. As someone else mentioned you will definitely need concealer if you have discoloration you would like to hide.
I have been able to wear this with over my sunscreen and have been thrilled that it does not give me that powdery/matte/flat look. I'm not confident this will still work for me once the cooler/less humid months come around due to my dryish skin.
I am not the fan of the case itself. It looks fragile in a cheap greenish plastic case.

on 7/2/2013 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I really do like this powder im color 03 light cool = nw20 btw. It is really velvety and not horrible for dry skin. great for evening out slightly uneven skin but you have to use a it has spf!but still use a sunscreen...PLEASE! dont get skin cancer.

on 6/5/2013 11:20:00 PM

I bought this because I wanted to try a powder foundation. This is perfect for the no makeup makeup look! I just need to be careful in my t zone because it gets really oily! If I use this I make sure I don't use a moisturizer with SPF, it makes me breakout!

on 1/4/2013 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I have repurchased this powder three times now, so I must like it. I was undecided at first because I had a really difficult time finding the right color. It took me three tries. (I am about a NC 40/42 in Mac and wear the Medium Warm in the Origins powder.) I love that this powder has a good SPF. I have melasma and must guard against the sun to prevent it getting worse. I rarely have pictures taken so I can't speak on how this photographs. I use this over a tinted moisturizer and occasionally even over foundation. I've gotten compliments on it more than once. It's a good powder and does do a good job of giving my skin a more even look—while it is on. I have not found it to have any benefits as far as actually improving my skin tone, but I did not have this expectation anyway.

My one complaint about this powder is that it transfers like crazy, which I don't like. I guess all powders transfer, but this one seems to do so a lot more and easier. However, this is my only complaint and I like this makeup so much that I am willing to overlook it. I apply this with a brush, but I pat it on with the brush as opposed to "sweeping" it on my face.

on 10/3/2012 10:59:00 AM

This is actually my first foundation product that I have used, which is why I wanted something light, breathable, and natural-looking. haven't been using this for very long, but I do like the natural-looking and feeling coverage that it gives me. It doesn't even out my skin tone and the pressed powder makes the product easy to apply. I don't plan to use this for very long, since I know some of the ingredients probably aren't very good for my sensitive, acne-prone skin. I have heard about Alima Pure and Mineral Hygienics and am interested in perhaps using those two products.

on 9/7/2012 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have repurchased this powder twice and will not be doing so again. Whilst the coverage is great and natural looking, if I use this for too many days consecutively it breaks me out in tiny whiteheads all over my forehead, cheeks and jaw. It took me a while to realise that this product was contributing to my acne, which is why I repurchased it. Also, the compact is very prone to shatter! Both the compacts that I had shattered with the slightest knock when a tiny bit of pan was showing through.

Despite the negatives, this powder does cover beautifully. I would apply with the sponge which is actually very good. Initially the product goes on matte but as the day wears on it begins to look dewy and actually looks better than when you first apply. I think you would like this product if you have combination skin that is not sensitive or breakout prone.

One more thing, this product gave me absolutely no correction in skin tone. I have several dark acne scars and a bit of hyper-pigmentation around my chin and even though I used this product almost every day for about six months, there was definitely no evening, or even slight improvement, in skin tone.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I normally use tinted moisturizer to make my skin look radiant, but was looking for something that would be a little quicker to apply. This powder does not look cakey, and it is not overly drying. I have dry skin, so that was a big concern of mine. Sadly though, I am the lightest shade this comes in (Very light cool). I didnt think I was that light! I am a NC25. This is the perfect shade for me though, but I hated to admit it. It doesnt even look like I have makeup on, just looks like a veil of perfection. All redness and unevenness is gone. Makes my skin look perfect. I use a powder brush to apply it.

on 6/6/2012 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i went to the origins counter looking for a lightweight powder to control oil. idk why but the SA sold me this. im pretty sure this is a powder foundation, which i was definitley not looking for. (i like using a lightweight powder over makeup forever matt velvet). this as a powder foundation gives pretty light-to-medium coverage. the oil controlling power is okay, it kept my oil down for about an hour. when i would swirl my brush in my compact, little loose powders would fly out and make a mess which is a big con for me. i had to return this because this isnt what i was looking for, and exchanged it for the all and nothing powder which is PERFECT and fit all my needs. but if youre looking for an all natural powder foundation try looking into this. i like the fact that this brand is all natural and paraben free.