April 23, 2014 | 1933 users online

Liquid - Catrice - Photo finish liquid foundation 18h

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by ParkaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

today i tried this foundation for the first time and i really liked it. i bought it in "sand beige" and even though i'm pretty pale at the moment it matches my skin perfectly. it feels very light on the skin and has a dewy finish which i love, because it makes my dry skin look a little more glowy (without making it shiny). The coverage is light to medium. It made my pores and small blemishes disappear but it definitely isn't strong enough to cover up my under eye circles (but that's okay, no foundation has ever managed that).
It does have a scent to it which isn't a problem to me, but i can imagine that some people would be really annoyed by that. at first i thought it faded quickly after applying but throughout the day i could smell it every now and then, especially in the evening when i was doing my workout and started to sweat (sorry if that's gross).
i definitely recommend this foundation to everyone with dry oder normal skin who doesn't need strong coverage.
Oh and obviously the price is amazing!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to daily foundation in the summer. It does a decent job of withstanding heat and humidity, but without the heaviness of Revlon Colorstay, which I just can't bear to use every day. The texture is creamy, but smooths into the skin easily and doesn't settle in fine lines and pores. My skin is very oily, so, like all foundations, this requires topping off with a setting powder and some blotting throughout the day. But seeing as most foundations melt off of my face in an hour, the staying power on this is actually impressive. The finish is quite natural. Coverage level is light to medium, and easily buildable because the formula is so easy to blend. This provides a natural finish and look for everyday wear, but if you're looking for something to look more done up for a special occasion, this won't provide that level of coverage.

The shade range is very limited. The lightest shade 010 Sand Beige is only suitable for me during the summer and too dark and yellow based during the winter. The darkest shade 050 Deep Bronze is not suitable for women of color. Like the rest of the Catrice foundation lines, they are sorely lacking in options for deeper skin tones.

Be warned! This foundation has a very strong sickly sweet scent to it. If you are sensitive to perfumes in any way, this one is a definite pass for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by 03Lauren

This is an absolutely amazing foundation. It's the one I always come back to and it's the most affordable one. I used high end to drugstore and this might be my all time fav. My skin is combination; dry around my nose, sensitive on my cheeks, spots at times and old acne scars, redness, oily t-zone. Yes I know, good luck with that right ;-)

Back to the foundation. The packaging is fantastic. A frosted glass like bottle which actually looks quite expensive. Very hygienic packaging with the pump system. It smells like flowers to me, not strong at all though. It reminds me of Hyacinth flowers.

I own 010 sand beige (the lightest shade, beige with yellow tones), 020 (rosy beige, beige with pink tones), and 030 (caramel beige, like a darker 010). The range isn't great, as there are not many shades for women of color. But as I'm fair most of the time, sometimes fake tan or sunkissed, I can easily mix my way around with the shades I own. The color transfers on the skin as it is, does not change color in my experience.

The texture is very creamy and thick, not liquid. Blends very well on the skin, doesn't dry up, gives a semi-matt finish, not shiny at all. It's oil free, which is a bonus for me (in a foundation.) It feels so soft, fresh and light, like a better version of your own skin, which I adore. I'd say it gives a medium coverage, quite flawless. It lasts pretty good, not all day though. You might want to powder for longevity purposes.

Packaging claims: Make up with fresh & light formulation (*true) and light-reflecting pigments (*wouldn't say those are very noticable, maybe in sun light but I'd say semi-matt finish), evens out skin imperfections (*true) and perfectly matches your skin tone (*well that obviously depends if your shade is available or if you're able to mix your shade). With soft-focus effect (*true) for a naturally glowing complexion (*it looks natural but more semi-matt finish than glowing) without mask effect (*true). Lasts up to 18h (*false). Oil-free, skin compatibility dermatologically approved. For a flawless & radiant complexion (*quite flawless, yeah) - as perfect as a retouched photo. (*well, let's not exaggerate right, we can't get that.)

Overall, I would highly recommend this foundation for everyone with normal to slightly oily or slightly dry skin or combination. Extremely dry skins, oily skins or problematic skin I'm not sure. I will definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by MartuaPoynter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have normal skin, it only gets oily if I don't take care of it all, so that been said: This foundation is so great I did not need to use moisturizer, the colour matches fair skin perfectly, and so even if I used too much in some spots of my face it wouldn't look cake or get darker. It's great. It lasts a long time and it's easy to blend with the neck, doesn't make a mask at all. This thing everyone says about a smell: I DON'T EVEN NOTICE IT, and certainly it does not smell when applied. Amazing. Mum got it three shades darker and is also in love with it. Cheap, 7 euros, pump dispenser, and amazing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by ReginaDrake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this foundation in 010 and at first just couldn't work with it. It's oil-free so I though it would be great for my combination skin... It wasn't. It made my skin way, way to dry, to the point of being itchy.
I used Kiko's Matt Fluid and it made it worse, now I'm using Nivea's Pure&Natural moisturizing for sensitive skin and I find it much more easy to work on, so I highly recommend that you use a very moisturizing cream with this foundation. The color is just a little on the pink side for my taste but one can work with it fairly nice and it blends well if you use a foundation brush. And it last about 24h with little 'degrading' as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by faune

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a medium coverage semi-matt finish foundation, I used it in shade 010 which is the lightest (for reference I am a MAC NW20). It cost 7 for 30ml which is about half the price of other drugstore foundations and comes in a glass bottle.

I really liked the pump dispenser packaging, it's simple, elegant and above all, convenient and hygienic. I found I could control the pump enough that I wasn't always left with tons of product afterwards which is great.
It is oil free and spf free (which is a big plus for me as I am allergic). It has a creamy consistency and it blends well but its much more high coverage than I am used to.
I found you have to keep a light touch with this one if you want to avoid that too-even"foundationy" look, using catrice's primer helped, as well as using a proper brush. I think a damp sponge would work too.
I also used it as a concealer on days i didn't want to be too made up and it was great.

I didn't find it greyish, too dark, too yellow or pink nor did I notice any oxidization. I did however, find the smell overpowering. It smells very strongly of hyacinth, a green, white flower smell, which to me was unusual for a foundation. While I don't think it smells cheap, it's just too strong for me, especially for a scent that isn't "easy" like a generic cosmetic lotion smell. That unfortunately bothers me to the point where I would rather choose another foundation just to avoid the smell. It's a great product otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by sjesic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is absoltely brilliant!
The packaging is great, it comes in a frosted glass bottle with a pump (very hygienic) and it looks more expensive than what you actually pay for it (only 7 euro!)

I can honestly say this foundation is actually better than my Diorskin Nude, which looks great when first applied but then dries out on my skin and shows off every single dry patch.

The coverage is medium but buildable and its one of the first times the colour actually matches my skin tone to perfection ( I bought this on 030 Caramel Beige).

This is definately great quality makeup and even though it does have a strong scent it fades very quick so I have no complaints about that. who cares about the smell when it looks so good on your skin?!

Definately going to keep buying this over and over... !

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by yaiza123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Well what can I say... This foundation is fine. Easy applyable, good colour, medium coverage, lasts long. What I really like about this foundation is the fact that it has a yellow undertone too it. Im really pale but with yellow undertones. Apperently all the make up companies think people with pale skin all have pink undertones. T
his foundation is a bit too dark for me, but its not really noticable. Havent found any foundation which matches perfectly anyway ^^. The only bad thing I can say about it is the smell. It smells like old lady cosmetics, but that fades quickly. Also I dont really think the coverage is very buildable. All and all decent foundation, awsome price ^^

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by itsEmmaTime

I loved this foundation during the summer when I had a bit of colour but now that I'm back to my regular extremely pale colour this foundation is too dark for me even in the lightest shade. It blends extremely well and looks very natural on the skin and actually looks like skin! It's build-able to a point but then it can look a little odd. It has quite a strong smell but it fades when it's on the skin so it doesn't bother me at all. It does look pretty good in photo's and never gave me a white cast!
The packaging is great! Like the catrice infinite matt it has a frosted glass bottle that makes it look much more expensive then it is and the pump is great and gives amazing control to the amount of product you get. For only 6 - 7 i'm very impressed! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2011 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Poptimist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros:
Blends well
Long lasting
Doesn't dry during application

Cons:
Grayish hue
Splotchy

I loved this foundation over the summer when i was applying it lightly with fix + spray. If I had reviewed it back then, I would have given it a 5. Now that it is winter, I am applying it a little more heavily, by stippling instead of brushing. I have started to notice that it has a slight grayish hue as it oxidizes. So it can look dirty when applied heavily, but it isn't a problem when you use a little bit. f you apply this lightly, it will look perfect, but don't get this if you're looking to have a heavier application.