November 23, 2014 | 1558 users online

Liquid - Catrice - Photo finish liquid foundation 18h

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2014 4:42:00 AM More reviews by LePebbi

Pros
Price and packaging is fantastic. Love the pump!
Cons
The foundation has a very strong smell, it stays all day. It has good coverage but it can look very cakey on the skin especially as I have oily skin. Also very limited shades available.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2014 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Birthex

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really love it! Mac matchmaster and this are my faves! So yessss its worth it

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by honrey23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So I tried this after reading comments here. Yes the packaging is neat, it has a rosy scent (which is ok with me). I just don't think it helps to prevent oiliness on my face. I could see some shine on my face after 4 hrs.. So my hunt for the best foundation restarts..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by GlossKitty67

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So after a long search, I decided to try this foundation. And I have to say I'm very pleased even after the first use!
I wore this to a party and I was sweaty, it was humid and everything and it still looked great after a long night! (I didn't even really use a setting powder)
It has a satin finish (well, dewy, but not too dewy... maybe semi matte?)and it looks very natural. I'd say it's a medium coverage although you might need a concealer for dark scars and big blemishes.
The texture is creamy, but it feel very light on the skin and very comfortable.
It comes with a pump which is a great plus.
A lot of people complain about the smell, but I don't mind and personally I like it. It smells like a bouquet of fresh roses!
And it didn't break me out! Yay!

Overall: Good coverage, pretty smell, very good staying power, not cakey and light feeling. Highly recommend! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/15/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Laviniabeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dewy finish the smell lasts all day its horrable i find its heavy and when i put it on my face i immediatly want to wipe it off

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by lunarparque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a good foundation for a VERY reasonable price. The packaging is very nice, it comes in a frosted glass bottle that doesn't look cheap at all. The texture is quite thick and creamy, comparable to the Clinique Even Better foundation, but feels light on the skin without the cakey effect. The coverage is medium, it will cover up redness and small blemishes nicely but you'd probably need to add concealer if you have problems with acne or something similar. The foundation does not last 18h as promised but to be fair I have never found a product that actually does last that long. It makes the skin look very smooth, not too glowy but not too matte either - I have dry cheeks and an oily t-zone and this evens it out nicely. The product has a sweet flowery smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2014 1:29:00 PM More reviews by yixie

I bought this in caramel beige. Usually NC 25/30 and this foundation turned out really gray and dull on my skin. Also has a dewy finish, which I'm not too crazy about. But the worst offense was that it made the dry patches on my skin Even more obvious, so I look oily and scaly at the same time. Ew

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by ParkaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

today i tried this foundation for the first time and i really liked it. i bought it in "sand beige" and even though i'm pretty pale at the moment it matches my skin perfectly. it feels very light on the skin and has a dewy finish which i love, because it makes my dry skin look a little more glowy (without making it shiny). The coverage is light to medium. It made my pores and small blemishes disappear but it definitely isn't strong enough to cover up my under eye circles (but that's okay, no foundation has ever managed that).
It does have a scent to it which isn't a problem to me, but i can imagine that some people would be really annoyed by that. at first i thought it faded quickly after applying but throughout the day i could smell it every now and then, especially in the evening when i was doing my workout and started to sweat (sorry if that's gross).
i definitely recommend this foundation to everyone with dry oder normal skin who doesn't need strong coverage.
Oh and obviously the price is amazing!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 7:12:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my go-to daily foundation in the summer. It does a decent job of withstanding heat and humidity, but without the heaviness of Revlon Colorstay, which I just can't bear to use every day. The texture is creamy, but smooths into the skin easily and doesn't settle in fine lines and pores. My skin is very oily, so, like all foundations, this requires topping off with a setting powder and some blotting throughout the day. But seeing as most foundations melt off of my face in an hour, the staying power on this is actually impressive. The finish is quite natural. Coverage level is light to medium, and easily buildable because the formula is so easy to blend. This provides a natural finish and look for everyday wear, but if you're looking for something to look more done up for a special occasion, this won't provide that level of coverage.

The shade range is very limited. The lightest shade 010 Sand Beige is only suitable for me during the summer and too dark and yellow based during the winter. The darkest shade 050 Deep Bronze is not suitable for women of color. Like the rest of the Catrice foundation lines, they are sorely lacking in options for deeper skin tones.

Be warned! This foundation has a very strong sickly sweet scent to it. If you are sensitive to perfumes in any way, this one is a definite pass for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by 03Lauren

This is an absolutely amazing foundation. It's the one I always come back to and it's the most affordable one. I used high end to drugstore and this might be my all time fav. My skin is combination; dry around my nose, sensitive on my cheeks, spots at times and old acne scars, redness, oily t-zone. Yes I know, good luck with that right ;-)

Back to the foundation. The packaging is fantastic. A frosted glass like bottle which actually looks quite expensive. Very hygienic packaging with the pump system. It smells like flowers to me, not strong at all though. It reminds me of Hyacinth flowers.

I own 010 sand beige (the lightest shade, beige with yellow tones), 020 (rosy beige, beige with pink tones), and 030 (caramel beige, like a darker 010). The range isn't great, as there are not many shades for women of color. But as I'm fair most of the time, sometimes fake tan or sunkissed, I can easily mix my way around with the shades I own. The color transfers on the skin as it is, does not change color in my experience.

The texture is very creamy and thick, not liquid. Blends very well on the skin, doesn't dry up, gives a semi-matt finish, not shiny at all. It's oil free, which is a bonus for me (in a foundation.) It feels so soft, fresh and light, like a better version of your own skin, which I adore. I'd say it gives a medium coverage, quite flawless. It lasts pretty good, not all day though. You might want to powder for longevity purposes.

Packaging claims: Make up with fresh & light formulation (*true) and light-reflecting pigments (*wouldn't say those are very noticable, maybe in sun light but I'd say semi-matt finish), evens out skin imperfections (*true) and perfectly matches your skin tone (*well that obviously depends if your shade is available or if you're able to mix your shade). With soft-focus effect (*true) for a naturally glowing complexion (*it looks natural but more semi-matt finish than glowing) without mask effect (*true). Lasts up to 18h (*false). Oil-free, skin compatibility dermatologically approved. For a flawless & radiant complexion (*quite flawless, yeah) - as perfect as a retouched photo. (*well, let's not exaggerate right, we can't get that.)

Overall, I would highly recommend this foundation for everyone with normal to slightly oily or slightly dry skin or combination. Extremely dry skins, oily skins or problematic skin I'm not sure. I will definitely buy it again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No