April 16, 2014 | 1752 users online

Eye Shadow - Lakme - Eye Color Quartet

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by pchotai

I like this quad. I have it in the shade peacock. It has 4 colours, a blue, a green, a bronze and a maroon. Pigmentation is good when used on top of a primer. The green shade turns up lighter on the skin that what it looks like in the palette. Otherwise the rest of the colours are good. Handy for creating a good Indian look. With Diwali coming up, I'm going to be using this palette a bit more than my other ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by LolaDeathblossom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this in a makeup haul since I just thought the colors looked pretty and it wasn't like, extremely expensive. I got the shade Botanica - it contains a beige (highlighter), parrot green/light leafy green eyeshadow, burgundy-ish shade of pink and a mauve-brown sort of shade which looks a little reddish, almost like the pink.

Price :
Eh, it's okay. Not dirt cheap but not extremely expensive either. Around 420-455 rupees which is uh, 8 dollars. (Around). Price - 4/5

Packaging : It came in the standard brown Lakme packaging. The eyeshadow quartet itself is a maroonish base with a transparent cap. It contains an almost useless applicator. Also, the lid is a bit hard to open. Packaging : 3/5

Shades : The colors go well together but they turned out lighter than I was expecting. The beige/highlighter doesn't go very well on me since I'm olive toned. It's best for the fair skinned people. I can still use it a bit though - if I smudge it and add some colors. But I don't want to end up looking like a ghost so...

The green turned out lighter/brighter than I was expecting. It works on brown/black eyes though, so I'm not complaning.

The pink is sort of burgundy-ish but again, turns out lighter. I don't use it a lot but it's pretty decent. I just don't like pinks. It looks really good with the green and brown though! This is also the softest (easily breakable) shade here. One plain ride and it chipped of on the side. I hate it when they do that! The rest of the colors survived :)

Mauvish brown - Eh, I expected a dark brown but it turned up with a reddish base. It's more mauve-brown-red than brown-brown. A little wine colored, I guess. I like it so no complaints :)

They all fit well together. It's so secret garden with frills type! A few shortcomings in other aspects, but colors were great.

All have a bit of glitter but not very chunky. Micro glitter. Texture is really smooth - I usually use my fingers to apply it. Beware of pressing the pink to much :)

4.5/5

Pigmentation : All the shades had decent pigmentation, especially the brown. The green had the least. I think the pink had some fallout >.<. Beige was, you know, normal. But overall, decent pigmentation 3.75/5

Lasting power : Stays on for at least 3-4 hours but some shades fade quicker than that. Use a primer. 3/5

It's really magical when you put it together. I really love it. Doesn't look too much but it still looks very garden fairy like. Botanica is a really apt name :)

Over all rating,
3.90/5

I'll probably be looking for the other shades. They're all so pretty! I may buy this quartet again, not sure. I'd like to try out new shades first.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by MissNRI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I own a lot of makeup from Lakme and like the brand, and these shadows are no exception. I found them to be very pigmented, apply smoothly and have good staying power. Packaging is simple, but quite tasteful and the included sponges work very well, although like many drugstore/included shadow sponges they will start to wear out after heavy use so it is probably best that you use your own sponge or brush to apply the shadows. My other issue/improvement for these shadows is that there be more quads! So far Lakme only makes five quads and while they are all beautiful (Silk Route is a plums & grays quad, Moon Dust is black, white, gray and brown, Peacock is blues, greens and browns, Tanjore Rush is bright purples, greens and golds and Desert Rose is soft mauves, roses and neutrals) I wish there were more of them. I would like to see a full line of quads in many shades because the formula for these shadows is so good.