October 21, 2014 | 1269 users online

Candles - Yankee Candles - Winter Wonderland

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by Rlysrh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my absolute all time favourite yankee candle. It smells absolutely gorgeous, I want my house to smell like this forever. Its a mix of pine and mint, but in an obvious way, it took me a bit of time to work out exactly what the smell is, I didn't immediately jump to pine and mint. The smell immediately made me think of snow and christmas, its definitely very festive. The smell spreads very well and is very strong.

I can tell this is a candle I'll buy over and over again and burn all year even though its a festive smell. I can't get enough of it, Its so unique, not a smell you'll accidentally stumble on elsewhere like you might with fresh cut roses or christmas cookies for example.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by sillytabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yankee Candles are crap. Cheap, wax based product that smell like a gas station bathroom. They don't burn cleanly and don't last long. You will end up repainting your ceiling if you use them often.

Spend a little more and buy a nice soy based candle like Voluspa. Sure, it costs more but the scents are clean and luxurious.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by AllAboutMe83

Im a huge Yankee Candle fan and Winter Wonderland is another hit for me. It is similar to White Christmas but just a bit milder.
Winter Wonderland really captures the scent of a cold snowy day.......crisp,pepperminty with hints of pine. When I have this burning it makes me wish for more snow to fall.
It really makes a fabulous winter fragrance........I wait for snow to fall to burn it because it just completes the wintery wonderland feel(crazy)
I also enjoy Balsam&Cedar as well as Vanilla Cupcake during the winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by curlywurly100

this is almost exactly the same as my beloved 'White Christmas' (warm fruitiness, fallen snow, crisp clear outdoors), but with a SLIGHTLY weaker throw, and a little peppermint thrown into the above mix. it is a gorgeous scent, but if i were you, i would get 'White Christmas' instead if you can find it.
the throw of this, is still strong - it's just that i think 'White Christmas' was unusually strong, and i think the peppermintiness in 'Winter Wonderland' makes it lean towards more of a fresh scent, and then it looses that cosy feel (some may prefer a fresher, gentler scent anyway). but it's still very nice and still gets 5 lipsticks from me. won't re-purchase next xmas unless i can't find 'White Christmas'!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

WINTER WONDERLAND is my favourite festive candle by Yankee - actually it's possibly my overall favourite fragrance by Yankee - and is described as "the scent of pines and ice in the air on a woodland walk on a chilly morning".

I think I can make out some cinnamon or nutmeg and some apple too. I also love how they have used peppermint to give the blend a perfect sense of chilled air on a winter morning. The fragrance is nice and fresh, but a tiny bit spicy and sweet too. A lovely balance.

As with all Yankee candles, the entirety of the wax is perfumed; I've used some candles where the fragrance burns up before the candle does, but that is not the case here. The fragrance lasts as long as the candle does and is strong enough to travel over the house. I even catch occasional wafts of the perfume whilst the candle is unlit.