November 28, 2014 | 1770 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Le Mimosa

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by awesomeness2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is not a mimosa scent. Frankly I don't care because it is exactly what I wanted, which was a transparent peachy fragrance for warm weather wear. I also longed for the signature Goutal accord which is prominent in many of the femmes, plus I wanted something light and inoffensive. After reading reviews here and elsewhere, I bought it unsniffed. Le Mimosa hits all those bells perfectly, and I am delighted with my purchase.

I concur with a previous reviewer that Le Mimosa is a lot like Petite Cherie. Compared to PC, I find Le Mimosa more mature and complex, and quite frankly better. I like PC but I love Le Mimosa.

I recommend sampling if you are drawn to peach fragrances. Fresh Sake is one of my favorite scents, and it's in the same ball park as Le Mimosa. However, if you are expecting a mimosa scent, you'll likely be disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 4:40:00 PM More reviews by zeynepd

Annick Goutal's Le Mimosa is a pleasant peach fragrance that reminds me of Jo Malone's Nectarine minus the waxy note. This freash peach is prominent in top notes together with a strong anice. During the heart, it mellows a bit and I can sense an ethereal, evasive mimosa that could be so attractive if it were a bit closer to me. Then the peach takes the center stage again until the drydown where there is a slightly off burn-rubber note. I expected more from Annick Goutal. 2.5

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, if youíre looking for a straight Mimosa fragrance, go with LíArtisanís Mimosa pour Moi. Annick Goutalís version of the flower is more emotional and impressionistic. In fact, the name Le Mimosa is a bit of a misnomer as the supporting notes do quite a bit more than support. To my nose, the iris, peach, and sandalwood are right there with the mimosa.

Le Mimosa is an almost tactile fragrance. It makes me think more of running my hands over the downy clusters of vibrant yellow flowers as opposed to smelling them! Unlike LíArtisanís Mimosa pour Moi, which is fresh, guileless, and sweet, Le Mimosa is more fleshy, soft, and sensuous. Like squeezing a perfectly ripe peach (again with the tactile thingÖ). Thereís such a wonderful roundness to this fragrance. I especially love the dry down, which has a creamy quality that reminds me ever so slightly of Guerlainís Samsara EDP.

Itís so nice to find a soft clean floral that isnít sharp and soapy or reminiscent of laundry detergent and feminine products!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by alba75

Search for a perfect mimosa perfume led me to Goutal's Le Mimosa. I was in a hurry to acquire a decant and try it because this product is a limited edition and price for 50 ml is reasonable.Key words to describe are light, floral and subtly sweet in a Japanese way. It is not cloying. However, all I smell is peaches steeped in anise. A spark of mimosa appeared and instantaneously disappeared.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Caramellane

I was certain that I'd love Le mimosa based on the notes, but sadly I don't. The composition smells so similar to a soapier petite cherie, with mimosa instead of rose and an added anise note. The anise note which I normally love, somehow comes across as smelling a little like cumin or b.o. (sorry). The anise note however is gone within 40 minutes, and I'm left with Petite Cherie minus rose. I wish that AG would stop using sour/tart fruity notes, this is the 3rd fruity floral from the line that becomes bitter, sour and harsh on me. I'm sure this is a chemistry issue, so it would be best to sample for yourself.