July 26, 2014 | 1872 users online

Foundations - Everyday Minerals - Pressed Powder in Fairly Light

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 8:55:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

I am soooo very late to this party - apparently EM is not even currently carrying Pressed Powered foundations right now - TOO BAD!!!

I love EM, but for travel I prefer Pur Minerals for the convenience/less mess (and yes, I have the closable sifters from EM + some of their concealers in the rollerball applicators which I do like, btw).

I got EM Pressed Powder Foundation in Fairly Light thru a swap and I guess I don't understand the bad reviews on other shades of this product because I AM IN LOVE!!! This stuff is SOOOOO silky going on and a little goes a long way towards achieving full coverage. I use w/ my EM flat top brush and in just a few seconds, I have flawless looking skin. Of course, I moisturize and apply SS before. I'm 46 w/ combo skin (dry cheeks, slightly oilier t-zone) and the beginnings of some fine lines around my eyes + mouth and this stuff absolutely DOES NOT aggravate any of those imperfections. Now, you must use a light hand, and properly moisturize before, but so what???

The texture is like silk going onto my skin. No problems w/ breakouts or aggravating my roseacea.

I ALWAYS ALWAYS on a DAILY basis set whatever makeup I'm using w/ Skindinavia Dance! (d/c now, I have a stash) or Urban Decay All Nighter (made by Skindinavia and whose ingredients are identical to Dance except for switching around the 4th and 5th to last ingredients) so I can't speak as to how long the powder lasts on its own, but w/ my setting spray, it does last around 10-11 hours just like my regular EM and Pur Minerals stuff and even then, I just have to touch up my nose and chin.

I truly hope EM brings these back - otherwise, I will be not only screwed, but sad as there are very few of these up for swap and none in colors that will work for me. EM - are you paying attention??

PS - this may have originally come w/ some type of sponge applicator - the one I got in a swap did not so I cannot speak to that - plus I probably would not have used anyway since I have such fabulous luck w/ my brushes.

UPDATE 11/13/11 OMG - I am in a rush today and skipped my normal, daily step of mixing EM Mint + EM Multitasking concealers and applying prior to my foundation to eliminate my red cheeks, nose and chin areas and went right to applying the EM pressed foundation - WTF happened to my redness??? It literally vanished as I was applying this - WHAT??? This is what I wanted Pur Minerals 4 in 1 pressed foundation to be (its not, but its still a good foundation). I am literally staring at my face as I type this (so much for being in a rush) and I simply cannot believe this and yes, I know this sounds too good to be true, but it is!! How the hell am I going to get my hands on more of this????