March 1, 2015 | 1962 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner in Midnight In Paris 01

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2015 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Foua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I had to wipe off smudges twice in the day because I used this to tightline my eyes, it's not a big deal...but,
I am using this in opposition to stay all day stila eyeliner. You get what you pay for, I should've penny saved for something that works, my bad. On the flip side, the staying power is way better than Elf gel liner. I'll use this until I can't anymore but that's it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2015 8:26:00 PM More reviews by majesticax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Why does this happen? I wonder if the pot I got was a fault or something, because it is chunky, dry, and flakes together! will be chucking it out asap.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2015 11:38:00 AM More reviews by RossesMaeM

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Thia one is highly raved on the internet so i decided to buy it. It stays for a looong long time and does not fade and does not smudge when i touch it. Its very black and does nodry out. but the only problem i had with this is it kind of transfer under my eye even when i use primer. So i dont really use it at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2015 1:23:00 AM More reviews by asideofladies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just started using gel eyeliner, and I am in love with this. Doesn't come with a brush, but essence sells a brush for cheap and that's what I use with this. I have super oily lids and this stuff DOES NOT BUDGE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2015 1:25:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG gel eyeliner! I've tried them all from drugstore to high end and nothing compares. It's cheap, you get a ton of product, and it never dries out!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2015 8:46:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy shit. This eyeliner is 2.99! It's super creamy and completely black. It's so versatile. It can be used as a gel eyeliner of course but can also be smudged on the lower lash line or for tightlining.

This has become my staple gel eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2015 12:04:00 PM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

Terrified that this was discontinued, I bought every single one that my ulta had left of this incredibly phenomenal eyeliner. The girl at the counter was like, "I heard this is good..."

She heard right. Thankfully, I heard wrong about the discontinuation (whew!), cos seriously y'all, nothing. NOTHING. lasts longer than this. Okay, perhaps tattooing might, but that's the only eyeliner I've not tried (and why bother, since essence isn't discontinued?)

If I could just find that elusive greyish shade that receives rave reviews, maybe I could rest a little easier...sigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2015 8:43:00 AM More reviews by kaysae

My new staple gel liner! At last I have found something cheap that works. The liner is opaque and doesn't smear or smudge on me, it's perfect! I can't say how long it lasts before it dries up as I haven't had mine for that long yet, but at a price of $5, it's cheap enough to repurchase without feeling like I've wasted so much money. Macs fluidline used to be my staple but seeing as this is a dupe for it at such a lower price, essence gel liner is my new fave. It has been awhile since I've used my Mac so I'm not sure, but I think the Macs might be a richer/darker black, but the essence is already fantastically pigmented itself that it doesn't bother me. I have previously tried macs fluidline, bobbi browns gel liner, as well as inglots amc 77 liner, and l'oreal infallible, and essence really takes the cake as far as being opaque and not smudging (which I seem to have a problem with when using inglots and loreals, bbs just wasn't dark enough for me). I have somewhat oily lids and it stays on a day for me, I would definitely recommend it. Packagings not all that great, it's plastic, but with such a great and cheap product, who cares?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2015 3:10:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hands down, the best formulation for gel eyeliner. It does not budge (though I need a primer as I have oily eyelids). A true opaque black. I have never stirred away from it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 4:56:00 PM More reviews by nailgrl81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is definitely worth it! It costs $5-6 at Ulta and often goes on perfectly and stays on. It is an inky black that is usually used best with a winged eyeliner brush. I normally don't do the flick, just a clear dark line to define my eyelids. When you hardly think of how great a product is and keep buying it when you run out, that is when you realize that it has stood the test of time. The only difficulty I have with it is that it happens to be hard to remove, but that means that it's a good thing!

If you're looking for a basic black gel eyeliner, I would highly recommend this one!