Avon Care Soothing Cold Cream Cleanser

4.8

Price: $

Price: $

MINERAL OIL, WATER, BEESWAX, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, PEG-40 STEARATE, CETEARETH-20, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, XANTHAN GUM, FRAGRANCE, STEARETH-2, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN.

I really like this! In an attempt to cope with my dry winter skin after Neutrogena DCed their Extra Gentle lotion cleanser (RIP), I decided to turn to cold creams. For reference, dry, sensitive skin, not clog prone here. I don't like the Eucalyptus tingle of Noxema (also I always thought it smelled vaguely of fish), and I don't like the heavy fragrance in Pond's, and I didn't want to invest in such a huge vat as the Albolene (it only comes in 12 oz tubs at my d/s) . I noticed the Avon was only about $5.00 on Amazon including shipping, so I decided to try it. I use a q-tip to remove 2 large quarter sized blobs and massage over my face and neck, then wipe off using two large cotton rounds. This easily removes all my SS and a full face of m/u. Very gentle and non-stripping. Much, much better than foaming soaps and gels for dry, mature skin. Our grandmas were on to something! I feel maybe a slight residue, but this doesn't bother me because my skin does feel soft and clean by morning. I also don't mind that this is in a tub, I am just careful to use q-tips to remove, not my fingers. It's too thick come out of a tube properly. For some reason I had assumed this was fragrance free. It's not, so be warned. It has a very faint, fresh scent which is actually quite pleasant. Fragrance in skincare is usually a deal killer for me, but I really don't mind this. My only gripe is that this comes in a tiny tub. It is only 3.4 oz. It will be gone within 2 weeks by my estimation. It goes for as cheap as under $3.00 on the Avon site, so this is reasonable. I will probably try the Albolene next just because I don't want to deal replenishing such a tiny container frequently. Overall, surprisingly excellent product from Avon!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm OVER THE MOON about this cold cream! I actually like it better than Ponds. It's more silky and doesn't smell as strong. You don't have too apply gobs either. I use just a cherry sized dallop at night to remove all my makeup including eye makeup. I gently smooth it on to dry skin in an upward motion and let it sit for a minute to dissolve the makeup. Then I use a makeup wipe or washcloth to gently remove the cream. (FYI: I read somewhere that you shouldn't use tissues because they can leave wood fibers in your skin. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I'm not taking any chances!) Anyways, you'll be amazed at how much stuff comes off on the wipe. Finally, I freshen with some witch hazel. Usually that's it. If I'm particularly dry I might add some eye cream or moisturizer just to the dry spots, but the great thing about cold cream is that it moisturizes while it cleanses, so you don't need a lot of extras.

The other great thing about this particular cold cream is how affordable it is. It retails for $3.99, but Avon runs specials all the time. I got my jar for $3.00 dollars, but I've seen specials as low as a $1.99 a jar. My only complaint is how small the jar is. It's only 3.4 ounces. However, I like this cold cream so much I didn't remove a lippie just for that. Overall, a great product at a great price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a fabulous product at a great price. Super moisturising and truly whips away all your makeup in a couple of sweeps including waterproof mascara. Give yourself a bit of a facial massage then remove with a warm wash cloth and you will have the most smooth and radiant skin. I think for oiler skins than mine this might be too rich or you could skip a moisturiser altogether, though I like to use a toner and as I have dry skin I apply a thick night cream over this to lock in the moisture. Glad they have brought this back as in NZ it is very hard to find a generic cold cream - ponds is no longer available here.

This product cuts through my layers and layers of pigmented eye makeup, blush, and lipstick like nobody's business - yet is super gentle on skin! Amazing product! My only grievance is the jar is WAY too small. A true, classic cold cream jar is at least double this size (3.4 ounces).