October 26, 2014 | 861 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Allure Velvet #37 L'Exuberante

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2014 1:23:00 AM More reviews by makeupnerd1101

I bought this lipstick in the airport based on the advice of the salesperson (not even a MUA) when I told her I wanted something bright pink but NOT shiny that will match my skin tone (N20 on Chanel face products). She whipped this out, I tried it on and at the time it looked okay, but borderline "meh". Against my better judgement i bought it and have not regretted ever since! It looked sooo much better after curing myself of jet lag, dehydrated skin, general blah-ness and not to mention the overly white bright lights of a make up store in an airport.

Packaging
The lipstick casing is black and classy (as all things Chanel), and is unique and totally fun to open.

Colour
It looks a bit brighter on the lips compared to in the tube, so I suggest you give it a try on yourself and not judge it from the tube. i loved that it's not a bright girly pink, but a more mature, classy colour (which is a lot to ask for from the colour pink). It instantly lit up my face upon application - even without any other make up on! I loved that it made me look fresh and awake instantly. The colour is rich and one swipe is adequate. I usually blot off after the first application and see what's left - for this lipstick, a lot came off on to the tissue, but my lips remained a beautifully tinted pink.

Durability
It lasted a good four hours without eating or drinking, but I must say that my lips started to feel dry after two hours.

Overall, i will definitely repurchase L'exuberante for my fix of exuberance!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by MelissaMH

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

A real stunner, the perfect pink. No bubblegum quality to it at all, strictly pure sophistication. My favorite amongst all Chanel lipsticks. Applies with ease, no lip brush necessary. Exfoliate your lips first, but avoid the lip balm underneath or its lovely color will end up on your teeth! (I find this to be the case for all lipsticks, except the driest.)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Milzj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The. best. ever. Beautiful vivid pink, gorgeous matte finish, lovely Chanel packaging, the only lipstick you will ever need- only for 25! Oh, and it really does feel like velvet!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by luxeluver

I use different brands of lipstick and Chanel is by far my favorite. It stays on longer and it doesn't dry my lips. I love this color it can be used in the morning to give your lips a pop of color and when you put on more, the tinge of red on this makes it appropriate for nighttime.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by tecnogrl

This shade is beautiful and it lights up my face. I do think the matte is more difficult to wear on my aging lips so I make sure they are well exfoliated and moisturized before using it. The staying power is not as much as I hoped but the color payoff is more than worth it. I also purchased the Chanel Allure Luminous Intense in #93 Exaltee and it is just a bit brighter and of course more luminous. I have posted a picture for comparison. L'Exuberante is the shade on the bottom and Exaltee is on the top. I would definitely buy this again. I've compared this to so many of my other lipsticks and nothing brightens my face like this one. Yes it is expensive but I splurge on Chanel because the quality is there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 9:11:00 AM More reviews by xjenniferclaire

I absolutely adore this lipstick. It is my go to bright without being too in your face. It has a beautiful consistency, a matte finish that isn't too drying and the colour pay off is outstanding. My only problem with this line as the colour selection isn't great but Chanel do bring out lovely limited edition shades. It comes housed in my favourite packaging from Chanel and feels very luxurious, it's always lovely to pull out a nice lipstick to reapply. I'll buy this time and time again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 3:21:00 PM More reviews by bwalker197

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Per usual, I have nothing negative to say about Chanel. This lipstick is everything. I absolutely love how it feels on my lips and this color is outstanding when I'm a tad pale or have a deep tan. It goes on smoothly and normally, I don't need lip liner when I apply it (I don't use a lip brush either). It is expensive, but you get what you pay for. Try it and then you'll want to buy it- trust me! I have so many of the Chanel lipsticks & glosses and this color is the perfect fuschia for spring. A good pink is a staple in any girl's make up bag and this is a great one to have! Oh and as always, packaging is outstanding with an easy to pop open cap and the chicness of the black& white logo. Magnific & tres tres chic!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by SARAHD33x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

THE BEST MATTE LIPSTICK I OWN

This lipstick is not only a lovely colour of pink, but the quality of the pigments is phenomenal! I don't usually use matte lipstick, as I find it to be extremely drying and uncomfortable. This lipstick was not the case. Although it was matte, it was comfortable, had fantastic staying power and didn't dry my lips out like the others did.

Although this lipstick is quite expensive, I love it, and was worth every penny for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by blushpinkbride

I bought this lipstick on an impulse. I was actually looking for Mademoiselle but since it's out of stock, my SA suggested I try this. I tried to stay away from bright pink lipsticks due to my fear to look tacky or cheap. But L'Exuberante is so sophisticated because of it's matte finish which I absolutely looove! It brightens up my face and it makes me feel young wearing it. The matte finish doesn't leave your lips dry and it has an amazing staying power, more than 3 hours for me. I purchased it right away and will probably come back for Mademoiselle some other time. I love it and will definitely repurchase! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2012 4:26:00 AM More reviews by MizAkaeze

This is a fantastic lipstick. It is matte and perfect for people who do not like shiny sticky lipsticks. It looks great on my NC50 skintone and I hav oily skin, so shiny colours just makes me look oil-ier, lol. I got d sample at Sephora and had to go buy the product after using 4 a mth, off and on, love it, great staying power, especially when I put lip balm on my lips before applying.