October 23, 2014 | 1721 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by ashleym04

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous old school pinup red without that matte dryed out look. I love dark red lipstick but so many of the best colors are just too matte and they make your lips look dead. This looks a lot like NYX Snow White but is much more hydrating.

- True blue based deep red
- Opaque coverage
- Non drying
- Use with a waterproof lip liner and you are set Perfect Pinup lips!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by virginsherry

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet is the second lip butter that I purchased from the collection. I really love this colour, it comes on strong enough after one swipe and it's still build-able. It leaves your lips feelings moisturized and you know your lips are pigmented. This colour is bright and does look vampire-y but I still have the confidence to wear this colour just on its own. The packaging is nice and cute and I have no problems with it at all but when you use enough of the tube and you're twisting it down/up, sometimes it leaves a bit of the lip butter on top of the tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

Red Velvet is more opaque than the other Revlon lip butters. More color dense, but it still has that great lip butter moisture. More like a sheer lipstick. I thought it would be similar to Fig Jam (which I adore!) only more red, but it's not. Fig Jam is sheerer and easier to apply straight from the tube. That being said, Red Velvet is super easy to apply as far as red lipsticks go. You don't need lipliner with this, but you will need a mirror. Although it's sheer, it's still quite pigmented. And deep blood red. Like a maroon color. Gorgeous and ultra sexy! Very vampy. But it still manages to look nice and soft .... it does in fact look 'velvety' on lips. I typically cannot do "vampy" because it looks way too harsh on my fair skin (and I'm not into looking 'goth'). But I can wear Red Velvet and it looks beautiful!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by GreenFruit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the lip colors, but in this bold of a color it is just too smudgy, and it doesn't last at all. I wear Pink Truffle and Sugar Plum all the time, and it's great for more neutral colors like that. I'm going to return this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by JustCakey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice dark red shade, it's sheer as far as lipstick goes, but it's more opaque if we are comparing it to other color butters. I admit I rarely wear this one, it's a bit uncomfortable for me. It goes well with my all black kind of outfits though, like the more goth looks. I have to dress to wear this one out it seems. I like the stain it leaves on the lips after it's worn off. Moisturizing and a bit smudgy, overall nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by kirito

This is hands down my favorite "vampy" red lip product. Prior to purchasing this lip butter, all my red lip products were more on the bright, coral-y side. I wanted to try out a darker red, so I went with Red Velvet by Revlon because I loved the lip butter in Juicy Papaya. As always, the lip butters are so smooth and not drying on the lips at all. They don't last very long, and the color doesn't look as opaque on the lips as it seems in the tube, but after all, this is not exactly a typical lipstick.

I would highly recommend this particular red lip product if you want to experiment with deeper shades. It is a dark shade, but doesn't look as dark as it does in the tube. It feels and looks wonderful on the lips~

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by ccorticchia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful fall/winter Red. It can be worn as a gorgeous lipstick or just as a stain. It can bleed a bit, so best to wear with a lip liner .

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by thaileen

I absolutely love this color. I was I'm search for the perfect red lip that was okay to wear in normal places, and ughh this one is beautiful. It looks good on any skin tone, and the consistency is perfectly smooth and non drying. This color definitely needs a lip liner though(for me at least) or it smudges. One thing I hate about the lip butters are the price. The cheapest one I've found was $8 and the most expensive was almost $11! Like it's not even a lipstick.. it's a half lipstick half lip balm, yet some places I've found it, its more expensive than their lipsticks. So annoying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

With the new fall trend, I have been trying to dabble in more vibrant lip colors. This gives me that blue-based red color with brownish undertones. The brown undertones and sheer nature allow me to pull off this color without feeling like my lips are on display. I like the moisturizing formula in this lip butter, as with my other purchases from this line. For some reason, this particular lip butter color feels heavier than the others. But in any case, I am still satisfied.

I will continue using this color throughout the fall and winter season. One of the few formulas that is both glossy and still moisturizing. I would highly recommend this color, along with Fig Jam. These two are my current favorites!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is such a beautiful shade of deep red! Its holiday time, and I was looking for a wearable warm red for my NW25 (medium olive) skin color, something that didnt make me feel like a clown but that was still a nice pop of color. After trying a few other Loreal and Revlon shades I finally found this gem. The color is a muted, deeper red.. almost a cranberry that is very flattering and beautiful. I love Revlon Lip butters! This is my 3rd color (besides sugar frosting and cotton candy) and I want more. I would definitely recommend Red Velvet.