April 18, 2014 | 1817 users online

Lips - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2014 2:03:00 AM More reviews by kirito

This is hands down my favorite "vampy" red lip product. Prior to purchasing this lip butter, all my red lip products were more on the bright, coral-y side. I wanted to try out a darker red, so I went with Red Velvet by Revlon because I loved the lip butter in Juicy Papaya. As always, the lip butters are so smooth and not drying on the lips at all. They don't last very long, and the color doesn't look as opaque on the lips as it seems in the tube, but after all, this is not exactly a typical lipstick.

I would highly recommend this particular red lip product if you want to experiment with deeper shades. It is a dark shade, but doesn't look as dark as it does in the tube. It feels and looks wonderful on the lips~

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by ccorticchia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Beautiful fall/winter Red. It can be worn as a gorgeous lipstick or just as a stain. It can bleed a bit, so best to wear with a lip liner .

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by thaileen

I absolutely love this color. I was I'm search for the perfect red lip that was okay to wear in normal places, and ughh this one is beautiful. It looks good on any skin tone, and the consistency is perfectly smooth and non drying. This color definitely needs a lip liner though(for me at least) or it smudges. One thing I hate about the lip butters are the price. The cheapest one I've found was $8 and the most expensive was almost $11! Like it's not even a lipstick.. it's a half lipstick half lip balm, yet some places I've found it, its more expensive than their lipsticks. So annoying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by FusiaFever

With the new fall trend, I have been trying to dabble in more vibrant lip colors. This gives me that blue-based red color with brownish undertones. The brown undertones and sheer nature allow me to pull off this color without feeling like my lips are on display. I like the moisturizing formula in this lip butter, as with my other purchases from this line. For some reason, this particular lip butter color feels heavier than the others. But in any case, I am still satisfied.

I will continue using this color throughout the fall and winter season. One of the few formulas that is both glossy and still moisturizing. I would highly recommend this color, along with Fig Jam. These two are my current favorites!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by MBROOKS425

This is such a beautiful shade of deep red! Its holiday time, and I was looking for a wearable warm red for my NW25 (medium olive) skin color, something that didnt make me feel like a clown but that was still a nice pop of color. After trying a few other Loreal and Revlon shades I finally found this gem. The color is a muted, deeper red.. almost a cranberry that is very flattering and beautiful. I love Revlon Lip butters! This is my 3rd color (besides sugar frosting and cotton candy) and I want more. I would definitely recommend Red Velvet.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 6:41:00 AM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So close yet so far..It's that time of year, when I dapple in deeper lip colors, as I look at the changing color of the leaves and the prospect of holiday shopping and Christmas trees. Nothing is more festive than a well-done red lip. Being as fair as I am, I stay away from bold blue or orange based reds. "Red Velvet" is a brownish red. It looks great with my hair color (auburn) and pale skin. Nothing clownish about this shade. Unfortunately, this formula is unlike the other Lip Butters which feel moisturizing on the lips. "Red Velvet" made my lips feel dry and uncomfortable. I was conscious of this product the whole time I was wearing. It's a shame because it is such a beautiful, wearable red but I just can't take the feeling on my lips. I am now sporting Laura Mercier "Maple" lip color. A similar color without the drying effect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I've been on a real red lip kick as of late. This is odd considering I used to wear nothing but sheer, light, nude colors. I love this shade though! It's dark enough to be striking yet wearable and not clown-y on me. The formula is incredible. It's so moisturizing! It wears off very evenly too. It doesn't bleed outside my lip line either. This is a lovely color, and so affordable too!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Aligirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Gorgeous neutral red that would look good on anyone. Leaves lips feeling soft and not dried out as most lipsticks tend to do. I would HIGHLY recommend wearing a liner with this..It's a step I don't usually take and this lipstick found lines around my lips that are normally not noticeable and bled into them which baffled the $h!t out of me. I will definitely look into other shades in this line but this particular shade just isn't for me..I'm more of a YLBB/neutral girl.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by boombutt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Applies and wears off evenly. While it has the best staying power it is also the driest I have tried from the brand. although nothing some clear gloss wouldn't solve if that is an issue for you. I don't mind it. The color is a classy warm red which doesn't look in any way severe. It seems to make my teeth appear whiter and my lips more sensual looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by jianing23

i got this on sale for 4.95, suuuper deal since theyre usually like 8-9$
really beautiful color, and feels great on the lips, u can apply sheer or a couple of layers for a beautiful deep red. i think the name Red Velvet is very appropriate.
love it