July 23, 2014 | 1993 users online

Lip Treatments - C.O. Bigelow - My Favorite Night Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by payjark

I have been using this for a little over a week now and I really love it! I was compelled to buy it through reviews here and I am so glad that I did. My lips are disgustingly peely and dry 24/7. Every night I use the E.L.F lip exfoliator after brushing my teeth and then I slather a good amount of this on. When I wake up, my lips feel so amazing and I've noticed that during the day my lips are less chapped (although they do get a bit dry/peely but that is mainly due to the fact that I wear matte lipsticks everyday) so for $7.50 this is definitely a new HG for me. And I can see a tube lasting me a few months because you only need to use it once a night rather than applying it to your lips all day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Wow. Well I have to say I'm really impressed by this night balm. It could really be marketed as a 'plumping' balm because of the way it delivers. I've tried LipFusion in the past and the plumping effects are similar or even better. The formula is thick and goes on slimy, but has less 'slip' than vaseline. It adheres to the lip very well and when I wake up, there is still a coating of it on my lips that is a little hard to get off--even with water--which I'm not bothered by. I have a lot of vertical lines on my lips because of chronic dryness and this balm plumps them. It probably took about 5 uses nightly to see good results. I really wish they would make a daytime version of this balm because the results I get overnight do not last throughout the whole day and the formula is too thick and sticky for daytime use.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by jenjen182

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Tried this at BBW at the smell is absolutely disgusting. I think it's just me, but I practically died after smelling it. I decided to give it a shot because the employee kept pushing me towards it. Tried it at night and woke up about an hour after going to sleep to find my lips chipping off like dry plaster. It goes on thick and smells like rotten milk in lip gloss form. I would never use this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I was looking for a lip balm that plumped up and hydrated my dry lips- but I didn't want anything with cinnamon oil that just stings lips to make them look swollen.

This is the BEST lip balm I've ever used. It doesn't just sit on top of my lips like Chapstick and other wax-based lip balms. This one soaks my lips with moisture and my chronically dry, shriveled lips turn into plump, juicy, luscious lips!

Also, I've tried other "night lip balms" and they either didn't work as well or broke me out from getting smudged all over my face while I slept. This one didn't!

If your lips always look dehydrated like mine, you need to try this! It takes a few days to see the difference but you will notice a definite change in how your lips look. I only wish this came in a "day" version with SPF because I've been using this in the daytime too.

I bought 3 tubes for $15 at a Bath and Body Works Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale, but they're well worth their full price of $7.50 each.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

For the price if your not comfortable to spend $26 on the Bite beauty product this one will give great results for $8.50. The tube is smaller but the product easily comes out of the tube. It has a decent mild smell and a slight taste to it. the consistency is a little thicker toward Vaseline and it will stay on your lips but it does not have the heavy feel of Vaseline. I use religiously every night all year and my lips are not dry or sensitive. I have read that some people have also had a allergic reaction to ingredients in the Bite Beauty formula. I would like to try the bite beauty but unless it gives me a noticeable difference for the price I'll stick with this one. If you have a BBW by you wait till the glosses go on sale (buy 2 1 free) and pick up 3 of these.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best balm for overnight repair/protection for lips that I've tried. The main ingredient is shea butter and it provides a truly long lasting hydration to the lips. A lot of lip balms will work for a couple of hours and leave the lips feeling drier than before, but not this one! This was a random impulse buy for me, but now I use it every night. I don't use it during the day, because it is rather heavy and will create too slippery of a surface for lipstick on top. But for it's purpose it is fantastic and the price point of $7.50 isn't bad at all. This tube will last 6 months to a year with nightly use, depending on how liberally you apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by HotPinkLips101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best lip balm I've tried!... I'm gonna keep it simple, my lips are the most extreme dry u can imagine,,, nasty! This, is a miracle that repaired my pout...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Sweden121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am in love. I play the alto sax and the oboe, and for anyone who has ever played an instrument with a reed, you know that if you play alot your lips start to peel and bleed and get really nasty. I use this every day to keep my lips soft and smooth, and to protect my lips from mean reeds. I reccomend it to all my fellow musicians who experiance that same problem. I use this when I go skiing or hiking and it keeps my lips from getting chapped. The only bad thing is that it rubs off easily, so you have to re apply. I use it at night, in the morning, during the day- this is just a really great balm... did i mention it tastes wonderful? This is one of my go to holiday/winter gifts. When I was in Alaska with my brother, his poor lips got really flaky, painful, and nasty. As soon as we got home I bought him a tube. Within 3 days his lips were 100 percent healed. That just shows you how effective this stuff really is. Definately not a natural product, but it works when all the natural products fail, which is why I use it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by cassiekay05

I LOVE this product. Ok, so I have this horrible habit of picking at my lips when I get nervous/anxious, and so sometimes I have these patches of red/open skin on my lips. Not attractive. Luckily for me, I slap some of this wonderful night balm on at night, and by the morning the spots are improved, and my lips are soft and supple. I am much less likely to pick at my lips when they are soft as compared to when they are chapped. I love this stuff, it's been a real lifesaver for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by theycallmetrex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

my lips are stupid because if i don't constantly put something on them they get chapped. except for when i use this.... this makes my lips so hydrated that when i put it on at night when i wake up in the morning it's still on my lips (usually anything else has dried up by then and my lips are back to being chapped) this also makes my lips just feel big and full of moisture. my lips are pretty full on their own but it actually makes them a little more plump than usual because they are so well moisturized(not a lip plumper by any means but anybodys lips will look a little fuller when they are fully moisturized compared to being chapped). i like the taste and smell of it too... kinda marshmellow-y or something idk but i like it. what i really like about it is that in the ingredient list there is no alcohol...and one of the main ingredients is shea butter. i just really love this stuff it works better than anything. it is kinda thick but i like it bc it doesnt feel sticky at all on the lips. it feels good on my lips like a moisture blanket or something. if i use it in the morning and it wipes off my lips still remain moisturized at the end of the day. totally forgot about this stuff until i cleaned out an old purse. so happy i found it again yay