April 16, 2014 | 1961 users online

Lip Gloss - C.O. Bigelow - Mentha Supreme 2x

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by miyoshi637

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I haven't used this in over 5 years and bought a 3 tubes today because I happened to be in bath and body works. It was b2g1f, so I couldn't pass it up. Oh man! I forgot how much I love this stuff. It makes my lips tingle, smells great, and tastes yummy also. I'm going to keep one of these in my purse, one in the car, and one for work. I don't want to live without this ever again. I will keep repurchasing this over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Got this at Bath & Body works at a recommendation of a friend. I like very peppermint-y lip products. I like the cool sensation on my lips. I really do like this product. I like the BUXOM full on lip more but at the price, this is a nice replacement/substitute. This also has more of a lip gloss balm consistency, opposed to the BUXOM which is a sticky, lip gloss formula. It does actually add moisture to the lips and is comfortable to wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Freaking love this stuff.

HG lip balm, hands down.

I would have never given this a second look, but a customer came into Bath and Body Works (worked there as a seasonal employee) and was swearing up and down that this was her holy grail lip balm when she took long ski vacations. So naturally, I tried it, and she was not kidding. It is hydrating and plumping and the peppermint is refreshing. I love how natural it looks, and I get compliments on my "lip gloss" all the time. It sinks in after about 2-3 minutes, leaving soft, hydrated, lush lips. It also works great with lip liners, as you can give it a tint if you draw over top of it with a colored lip liner.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 12:48:00 PM More reviews by LadyClaudia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

LOVE this gloss! It has a super minty smell and flavor, so sometimes I actually lick it off of my lips. The texture isn't too watery or sticky, it's just right. The packaging is gorgeous. It's a metallic blue green squeeze tube, and I love the slanted applicator. The only con I have is the price, $8. But you get 0.5 ounces, which is quite a lot for lip gloss. I can tell that it will last a pretty long time. It's practically perfect in every way! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by swimmingpretty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I stumbled across this line in Liberty and I wasn't going to get this but then I smelled it and fell in love with the spearmint flavour. Its got a really green uplifting scent, there is parsley in this which I would never think to put with spearmint.
I like the texture which is thick and smooth on application. I also like how long its glossiness lasts - about an hour which is pretty long for what is essentially a lip balm. This has been perfect for what has been a very long winter in the UK, it keeps the cold wind from chapping my lips perfectly. The only downside is the price 8 (it really should be 6 with the exchange rate) but then again if you want to treat your self a little then this is a nice way to do it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by ichig021

I am absolutely in LOVE with this product. I normally don't wear lip products but I will make a huge exception for this one. The consistency is perfect (almost balm like) - not too thick but not too thin. It doesn't slip & slide everywhere on my lips, which is a big plus in my book.

Lately I've been getting ridiculously chapped lips and I find that even after this product eventually wears off, my lips definitely still feel moisturized and are no longer flaky and chapped. This lip product is also quite minty. For some it might be too much and will definitely feel a tingling sensation but that's what I love about it!! Perfect, too, for when you need something quick to freshen your breath but find yourself with no mint or gum! It can be quite pricey at about $8 a tube but I am always able to find them at B&BW for "Buy 2 Get 1 Free". Definitely worth it. This is a must have for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Steelhead242

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite lip gloss EVER... it has the perfect thickness if you are looking for something right in between buttery and sticky/tacky. Great shine, stays on the lips long, great for every day use, does not cause an uproar in the office or classroom when applied "what is that smell?"... "is someone eating candy?"... "what is that smell?" ... and worth every single dime. I also like the wide beveled applicator, it makes application very smooth it just feels really good on the lips. It is very minty but not a burning mint or over bearing by any means. It's a crisp sweet smelling mint scent and it doesn't put a bad taste in your mouth either. Another thing I'd like to mention is that I was a big fan of the Bonne Bell lipsmackers products, specifically the Skittles products... then one day I suddenly had a reaction and now I cannot use several of the lip products that I really loved. It's also difficult for me to try a new product because I am afraid I will have a bad reaction, so when I reluctantly tried the Mentha Supreme 2x and did not have a bad reaction I was in my glory whoo hoo and new lip product I can use and now it's pretty much the only lip product for me at this time. Definitely worth trying!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this in the Vanillamint flavor because with it being twice the mint, I thought the vanilla would tone it down a little. It has such a great flavor and scent and isn't sticky like some of the original glosses. The formula is very thick and smooth and instantly relieves my lips when they're chapped. I don't know that it's really that much stronger than the original, but I do love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Beautlfy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was afraid to purchase this at first, because although i love mentha lip products, I thought 2X would be way too much mentha and too overbearing. Plus this lipgloss was eight dollars which is kinda expensive. But I am so glad I bought it because its my new favorite lip balm/treatment.
I have insanely dry lips - i've tried almost everything out there - and this product works for me like no other. I can put this on before bed, and wake up with no flakes. The cooling effect is immediate once you put it on. The texture is thick and rich. It is such a luxurious lip balm. The texture being so thick is perfect for walking outside on a frosty winter day - your lips will be completely protected from getting wind-chapped, and the cool mint feeling and breath fresheners that its infused with - it feels so clean. This is a lip product I can trust, and a new staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by Blacklipstickmua

Mentha supreme x2 is a tingling experience on it's own.It come in the squeeze tube, but has a metallic teal wrapper. I feel like the mint in this one is so strong it actually pushed the little lines on my lip up like a lip plumper would. I could be crazy but it looks like it to me. The others don't do it as much to my lips. I do find this hydrating. I like to put it on at night to drift off to sleep with. If you like tingly mint lip items this is one to check out for sure.

Edit: this one is noticeably thicker than the mentha ultra or spearmint (the other two I have tried). I have to admit that I do prefer this texture more. It's heavier but not the annoying gloss type of heavy. I have to say that because of the thickness of this one it keeps my lips hydrated longer. They are still on sale. I have one back up, I might go to the mall tomorrow to get another just in case.