Chanel Vitalumiere

3.9

water, ethylhexyl palmitate, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclomethicone, talc, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, propylene glycol, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, disteardimmonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, propylparaben, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, alcohol denat., walnut seed, silica, laminaria digitata extract, glyceryl oleate, sodium hyaluronate, aluminum hydroxide, citric acid, sodium metabisulfate, BHT, licorice extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben.

on 5/18/2015 3:48:00 PM

Wanted to buy a new foundation for an event as I knew there would be lots of photos. Originally I wanted to buy ga luminous silk but there weren't any stockist where I'd gone shopping so I settled for this. firstly I don't think it looks luminous I think it looks greasy. Secondly it does not last long at all! Probably 3 hours if your not doing anything too strenuous. And last but not least the coverage! I've had bb creams with better coverage! I wish I would have learned my lesson with the Aqua lumiere I also purchased that and hated it! In my opinion the Chanel foundations are way overpriced.. Don't waste your money.

on 5/10/2015 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my holy grail foundation for dry skin. I love it. If you have oily skin, stop reading now. But if you have dry skin and have searched high and low for that dewy, "just stepped out of the spa" look, then this delivers.

Coverage: light to medium. It will not give you a matte finish; this is all about the glow. If you have topical concerns -- blemishes, scarring, hyper-pigmentation -- I can't speak to its effectiveness in covering those. I do have mild rosacea and this does a fairly good job of covering redness, although I will usually combine this with my Nars Creamy Concealer if I need it to last throughout the day. On its own, I'd say this foundation lasts 5-6 hours, so you may need to touch up if you are going from work to evening. But it is also highly pliable; when I am running late and need to be out the door in 20 minutes, this is what I throw on.

My true rating is 4.5 because of the limited shade range; my skin is fair with pink undertones while most of the colors in this range are more yellow toned. It's not a perfect match, but I can usually make it work by mixing it with a light product. The formula is worth it.

Value: While it is expensive, it doesn't take much. I've been using this in alteration with my Bobbi Brown Moisture RIch foundation and it has lasted about 7 months so far and I'm less than halfway through the bottle. The bottle is glass, so it's not the most travel friendly, but it also has a pump, so there are less hygiene concerns.

Coda: It's worth trying if you struggle with dry skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Probably one of my favorite foundations ever, I've used both the Vitalumiere and Vitalumiere Aqua, and even though i prefer the aqua, i still definitely love this one. It leaves me with quite a dewy finish that i like to set with a loose powder and fan brush. It doesn't crease very much and evens out my skin quite well, covering redness and dark spots. My skin is relatively clear aside from a stray breakout ever now and then, and i find i need a concealer over it when i do have a zit. Aside from that, it glides onto the face like a dream and unless you really cake it on, you can't see it sitting on the skin.

Runny liquid foundation which is quite easy to apply. The coverage is medium to light. The foundation does even out the skin tone and camouflages the slight redness well, yet you can't expect your pimples to be fully covered.
I can't agree with other reviewers claiming they get a dewy finish. I find the finish quite powdery. The foundation does get in my pores a bit and intensifies the skin dryness which is getting more and more prominent the longer you wear it. Yet on overall I get a pretty good result.
The foundation also reminds me of Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation which delivers a similar look.

on 2/19/2015 3:13:00 AM

I've tried this foundation just 2 weeks ago,never had the chance to try it out without paying the full price which (for my philosophy) was too much money all at once to splurge.
So as I usually do, I've waited for the right moment to come, and found the bottle at this international sale and bought it cheaply...and since I've been trying to find my perfect shade match, I reckon shade 25 Petale would be just fine....
and it is PEEERFEEECT!!!
it has yellowish undertone, and it is amazing shade for my NC/NW 30.
Now I have combination skin which is so damn hard to please when it comes to foundations and I have to bare in mind my skin's needs, colour,undertone,season...I mean, one doesn't just walk into a store and grab first foundation which promises miracles...you have to give yourself the time to try it out...
so I did.for two weeks I've been wearing this amazing foundation and all I can say-it.is.perfect.
I have Vitalumiere Aqua B50 which is a tad too dark,and it is a good foundation but it lacks something...something the original Vitalumiere has.glow.not dewyness which I kinda hate but satiny,healthy glow...and I don't find it to be sticky after an hour like most of the foundations on my skin tend to be....
it is very moisturizing,lightweight though it is thick in consistency....but nevertheless easily spread,smooth and with smell that I don't find offensive in any way...

So,my humble verdict- I recommend it for the girls and boys with normal skin, even combination like mine is....it lasts for at least 5 hours, and fades without being cakey or uneven.....try to find your right shade in daylight ,and since I don't put any loose powder to fix it, I don't think it acquires that step either...it is satiny and you have to see on your skin if it needs some blotting....
after this bottle runs out I'm thinking of even paying the full price for it in the store....
I'm very satisfied, and this one is a great foundation for sure!

does not oxidize either!

on 12/30/2014 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have dry sensitive acne prone skin with normal to oily t-zone

Pros:
-Shade matches well (010 Limpide)
-Does not oxidize
-Hydrating
-Dewy/Radiant Finish
-Sheer to Medium Coverage

Cons:
-You will need a concealer if you have blemishes
-Scented
-DOES accentuate dry skin by 4+ hours wear (ALCOHOL is an ingredient in the foundation)
-HARDLY any shade selection - I'm NC25-30 and 010 LIMPIDE matched me...

For the $$$$ - you can definitely find a better foundation, this foundation would probably be better for those with normal to slight oily skin.

For reference - NC 25-30/ Diorskin Star 021 Linen/ MUFE HD 118/ MUFE F&B 32/ YSL TE BD50/Dolce and Gabbana Perfect Reveal Lift in 120/ Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum 53

on 12/27/2014 6:14:00 PM

I bought this to try it after hearing a lot of hype about it. It's a luxurious brand and I felt excited about buying it but really it's just a foundation that costs a lot. It's quite light and easy to apply. I wear my foundation quite sheer but I can see how you would be using a lot of product to build up a better coverage. I thought it had a funny smell, it wasn't perfumey but there was a smell. When it was hot my face would be quite shiny and greasy and at times I found it would break my skin out. It was a nice purchase and glad I tried it but I don't think it's for me.xx

on 12/12/2014 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This foundation is a sheer to medium coverage that sits on your skin no matter how much you try to blend it in. After an hour, you will have to blot and do mandatory touch ups or you will look greasy. Did I mention it oxides into a orangey pinky hue the more you apply it just awful. Why did I forget that all Chanel makeup oxides like this from my experience. The price is awful at 60 dollars I would rather use MAC or NARS.

on 11/10/2014 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Skin: NC15-20, sensitive, dry combination and prone to hormonal acne. Pores easily clogged.

On my never ending search for a new HG foundation. I stumbled across this one. I don't usually use Chanel as I am concerned with my sensitive skin. But after rave reviews I gave this a go.

I bought the satin smoothing in 20 Clair which was a little too dark. Very comfortable to put on. No over powering fragrance. I wore it over Estee Lauder Hydrationist for dry skin and no primer.

It offered very very sheer coverage and lasted for about 2 hours before I started to shine in the T zone. By 4 hours, I had very visible foundation sitting on my pores as the foundation broke apart on my face. Needless to say, there was no coverage at this stage.

When I eventually took it off at night (13 hrs later) all I had left was small raised red bumps on certain parts of my face. Thankfully they went away over night.

I had wanted to try it with a heavier silicon based moisturiser but given the sheer coverage and reaction. I am tempted to just toss it out.

on 9/22/2014 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Unfortunately, the foundation is difficult to wear in many situations. if it's too humid, if it's hot, if you need to rush out the door to grab a bus/train... Every time I use this foundation I'm just hoping the weather would be perfect (cool, dry) and THEN it works great. Otherwise it just looks like it never dried out...and wayyy too oily. I'm in my mid 30's with combined skin. For this money many brands have better foundations, such as Sisley :)