Chanel Vitalumiere

3.9

water, ethylhexyl palmitate, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclomethicone, talc, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, propylene glycol, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, disteardimmonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, propylparaben, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, alcohol denat., walnut seed, silica, laminaria digitata extract, glyceryl oleate, sodium hyaluronate, aluminum hydroxide, citric acid, sodium metabisulfate, BHT, licorice extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben.

MY HOLYGRAIL FOR SURE! this foundation is amazing. It enhances my skin. Everytime I put this on, people would compliment my skin. It has light coverage not sure if it's buildable cos the texture is so runny but my skin doesn't need that much coverage since I rarely have pimples. I have combination skin you my T zone is pretty oily when I put this on. But overall this foundation is my best buy. It doesn't oxide on me 👏😊

Love this foundation but it's SOOOO expensive! :( I guess it is Chanel. As such, have asked this for Christmas so I don't have to buy it myself. I tend to use it on special occasions or when my tinted moisturiser is just not working for me that day so that it will last longer.

I use #10 Limpide and it matches my skin tone perfectly. Has great coverage that lasts and gives a beautiful dewy finish. I have tried other foundations but always end up coming back to this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product! Its creamy texture feels more like a moisturiser than a foundation which I love because you don't get that cakey makeupy look and you don't feel like it weighs down your face. It gives a really nice glowy dewy look and its good coverage which is also buildable if your looking for full coverage. Would definitely buy again only con is it is pretty expensive for the amount you get.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Even though I do not have dry skin I am a big fan of this product. When I first applied this foundation I was surprised how smooth and healthy my skin looked and even after I removed it from my face my skin felt soft and hydrated. It sinks into my skin beautifuly. The only thing that's not so good about this foundation is that it hasn't so many shades and the majority of them lean to yellow (an olive yellow I'd rather say). First time I used this foundation I bought it in the shade 20 Clair and I thought it was the best match, but I was wrong it was way too yelow for my skin tone. Now I'm in the shade 25 Petale and it's a decent match because it has a slightly neutral undertone. I would compare this shade with Guerlain Lingerie de Peau BB in the shade 3 NATURAL but the Chanel one is half a tone darker. I must say I have to powder this foundation unless it won't stay more than 5 hours on my face. It's not a foundation for persons with acnee or very oily skin. I like to use it when I want a fesh and natural look and in cold winter days when I need extra hydration. All in all I like this foundation and I will repurchase this in the future.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product makes me so oily and greasy not luminous at all like giorgio armani did. After used my face always got some pimples. Most disappointed is the packaging not luxurious feel. But just so handy to take travelling with it. I always apply with my fingers, because the beauty blender make this foundation so sheer and no coverage

I can't believe this gets *any* low reviews. I've been wearing foundation since 1979 - have tried uncountable number of brands through the years trying to find one I can afford that is as good as Chanel. The girls in my family are cursed with extremely fair and blotchy skin, and have to use good foundation that covers and stays on. We have all tried so many different brands, from cheap to expensive, department store to grocery store. There is not ONE brand that has the right shade and gives the coverage we need. I don't know WHAT Chanel puts in their make up that makes it so good, In hot sweaty climates it stays on! it's like magic. I wish Chanel could give our family a discount because we swear by it so much, and its the only kind that will work on our (terrible) skins. I moved to Arizona and its really hot here, the only kind that stays on my face after a hot day? Chanel. My face turns bright red from the heat (Fair skin) an embarrassing and ugly effect, Chanel covers it, seriously.

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love this foundation!! And the price is definitely worth it, leaves your skin soooo flawless, glowing and dewy. However it can feel abit greasy on your skin. The packaging is great, and easy too pump out the right amount off product. It's also a light too medium coverage so doesn't cover much belmishes but can use a concealer.I wouldn't recommend it for very oily skin, but would be perfect for dry skin. Downside is that there aren't as many shades but they do match up quite well.

This is my HG foundation, love it like a child. I would use others since it is so pricey but as soon as my budget allowed I repurchase so, I quit smoking for this stuff. Yes, I decided that if I quit smoking I could afford to use the Chanel everyday so...Vitalumiere may have literally saved my life!
Ok, enough dramatics. The texture is creamy and feels moisturizing but not greasy. I mix with Cerave face lotion for sheer coverage and dot on the foundation in places I need more. I have been using nearly every day for a year and no breakouts. I am getting older, so the fine lines around my eyes are getting more pronounced but this is very soft and doesn't settle too badly. I also have the dreaded rough texture on my jaw line but the foundation doesn't highlight it.
The shade 30 Beige is mine and it is a good match, when I do a full coverage face the edges aren't proud end but it may be a hard match for anyone with yellow undertones as all of the shades seem to pull "pink" to me.
Anyway, I hope this is helpful!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This was nice but nothing special so due to the high price tag it's a no. The positives were that it stayed in place all day (I set with powder) and didn't become overly shiny.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have used this foundation for more than 4 years now simply because it is the perfect color match for me ..... BUT it has a strange smell, does not last long , but long enough to become somewhat sticky and heavy on the face . Applying a finishing powder helps with the staying power though. I am in the market for a new foundation , I found Dior Air and Benefit foundations to be quite good, far superior in terms of staying power , feel , finish but not quite in color match...so I'll keep looking .

Video Reviews & Tutorials