April 17, 2014 | 1992 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by camilka

Perfect winter foundation. Moisturizing and absolutely lovely for my very dry skin (needs a lot of TLC during swedish winters).
Too moisturizing for summer but i like to add some of it to the dryer foundations.
It just gives you such a healthy glow! Some problem areas shine through but I dont really bother caring when skin look so happy all in all.
If you want to powder, use something a little illuminating and not super matte cause it defeats the purpose of vitalumiere.

Light/Medium coverage.

I use the shade Limpide which is a dead on NC15.

I love Chanel <3

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by starzi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

When winter comes, i get really dry skin around my nose. I usually use chanel vitalumiere aqua, but i get flaky skin around that because of the alcohol in it. Went to chanel and she suggested the vitalumiere foundation. The colour is totally different from the aqua; I'm a b20 in the aqua but using a 10 for the vitalumiere. I only use this on my dry skin area around my nose, and the vitalumiere aqua around the rest of my gace, because my skin gets a bit oily after 4-5 hours. The vitalumiere is quite moisturizing, so if you have oily skin that means it will slide and disappear after a while, hence why i only use it on my dry skin. The coverage is quite light, which is good enough for me. Concealer can be added on top if needed. After using this, i get a lot less flakiness on that area (bearing in mind that I've still got the heating on atm!) so its doing its job i can happily say. Matches well with my b20 vitalumiere aqua. When summer comes, i think I'm gonna stop this foundation until winter returns.
As for the packaging... I find that the cap isn't very secure. It clicks on yes, but comes off quite easily. Just a point to bear in mind if you're travelling with this!
I love this foundation as this means i can continue using my vitalumiere aqua foundation throughout winter :) can't remember how much it costs, but this is really the only foundation I've been using and I'm very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Kristinaaxo

I really do love this foundation. Before this foundation I was using MAC face and body however I found it too light. It was difficult whether to get the Chanel Vitalumiere or the YSL Touche Eclat foundation which I hear is also beautiful. I wanted a night time foundation that made my skin look beautiful - not natural to the point where Iím not wearing anything, natural is beautiful but then there is also nothing more beautiful than seeing a woman who has taken the time to make herself look proper and beautiful. The consultant put the Vitalumiere on my skin, I donít know if it was just her hands but it felt so nice being brushed on my skin it almost made me want to fall asleep! The Vitalumiere made my skin look healthy and extremely smooth, it was literally like velvet! The only key to making your skin look natural with this finish is to get the right colour. I have already noticed a positive change in my skin, my skin feels smoother. I have just started using pure vitamin e oil (Invite available at Priceline) so my skin have improved from that but I do remember a day after I used Chanel even after washing my face from makeup my face felt smooth as if the moisturising ingredients separated from the makeup and fed my thirsty skin. I strongly recommend this foundation for those with dry skin. The price is expensive, it cost me $86 AUD but I did find it worth the money as it does wonders for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 9:24:00 AM More reviews by boyd75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have dry to normal skin and was looking for a good foundation to wear during winter as i spend a lot of time outdoors and so my skin got quite a battering.I was recommended to try this by Chanel in Birmingham ,UK and i really liked it. You don't need a lot for a low coverage(1 dollop was enough for me) but more may be needed for higher coverage.I think this is ideal for dry to normal skins as it has a thicker slightly oily texture. Overall i'm very pleased with it as it makes my face look even toned and healthy looking even when i don't feel particularly fantastic.Whilst wearing this i also don't look overly made up,very natural looking. If i have to be critical i would say that it is expensive at £31 thereabouts for 30mls and the top comes off all by itself when it is stored sometimes but i'm nit picking here to be balanced.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by JaydenReece

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Whilst this foundation is lovely.. It would be better suited to drier/normal skin types as i have oily skin and of course i was not expecting any oil control. This is a lovely foundation in general gives a beautiful dewy finish with a low-medium coverage which can be built.. It has a lovely fragrance to it.. But unfortunately for my oily skin the lasting power was not there.. But as per above this would be great for drier skin types.. I prefer the Vitalumiere Aqua over this which has a more Semi-Matte finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Andiec100

I'm a bit of a foundation junkie and never quite stick to one for too long, but Chanel until I switched to Lanc√īme was my go-to foundation. This is a fantastic foundation for night time, I wouldn't recommend for day wear as it is heavy and having very pale skin, even the lightest colour by day would have looked far too dark on my face. And the major plus for Chanel for me is that it looks wonderful in photos - best photo make up I have had, anyone who compliments my pics always pic the ones where I wear Chanel. About as expensive as other upmarket foundations and just as long lasting, deffo recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 9:23:00 PM More reviews by vacosta86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had first tried this foundation when I borrowed it from my sister and it was love at first sight since it made my face flawless and dewy.... so of course I went out and bought it! I was extremely disappointed with this product because I finally thought I was done trying & buying so many different foundations since I finally found the one.... I mean can Chanel really do any wrong.... But BOY WAS I WRONG!!! This foundation IS NOT FOR PEOPLE WITH SENSITIVE SKIN!!

Overall the foundation is really great, light coverage which gives you a light dewy look. HOWEVER, if you have sensitive skin it will make you break out; most likely because of the 5% Octinoxate in it which is so unfortunate.. I have never been someone who had acne ever in my life, maybe a small pimple here or there when it's that time of the month or if I have a bad week of munching on chips and all that greasy yummy food :P But I came to find about after a month of using, I got a dry patch on my forehead, a rash on my chin and small breakouts allllllll over my forehead!!!!! I thought it could of maybe been the winter weather?? But NO!!! When I stopped using the product, my skin went back to normal! THANK GOD!

And now I am still on the search for that perfect foundation.... RIP Chanel

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by izumilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a good foundation for those with drier skins, don't bother if oil is your problem. It has a liquid consistency which isn't too runny and blends effortlessly. The coverage is definitely on the lighter side, but I don't think it's fair to compare it to a tinted moisturiser. It covers alot better than that, if you are are careful in doing so, or use a good foundation brush you can build it up a little. I'm lucky enough that my skin is fairly clear at the moment as you will need concealer to cover imperfections. Despite this, I find it covers my redness well. I don't really have pore problems so I can't comment on that. The finish is definitely dewy and does make my face look radiant and flawless with the help of concealer. I can see how this could look greasy if you put on too much. It is indeed one of the best foundations out there for dry skin. It also doesn't irritate my sensitive, extremely dry and eczema prone skin. It manages to hide the appearance of dryness to a minimum, which is pretty amazing for me, I'll take that! No flashback in photos as the spf is only 15, which is good in my opinion. It doesn't last that long, which isn't unusual for a hydrating foundation, but lasts me through the key hours of the day and hasn't faded completely by the end of the day. Good enough for me considering how kind it is to my dry skin. A good primer and light setting powder can help it last longer though most of the day. My biggest issue is the price.. $86. I've bought a fair amount of high end makeup, but this was really painful... I really don't think they need to charge quite that. Overall, I highly recommend to those with dry and very dry skin, giving us a chance to be able to wear foundation without feeling disgusting! It does look lovely. Best foundation ever? Maybe not, but I'm thankful for it.
Edit: This also photographs beautifully! I recently did an engagement shoot and the photographer mentioned that my skin came across great in the images. My skin naturally isn't that amazing!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by klj8887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

When i first bought this and put it on, I thought Yes! I finally found the perfect foundation. Because in the first hour it looked very smooth and flawless on my face, But then as the night went on, my face started feeling gross and I could feel my skin flaking. The next day my forehead had dry patches on it... Plus the consistency and texture of this product is not very moisturizing and even made my fine lines stick out more. At this price, it should be amazing, love Chanel usually but they need to improve their foundations. Would not purchase again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by arijana1983200417

Very good foundation if your looking for a light to medium coverage and a dewy finish. Not happy with the price,as it is really expensive. It suits people with dry to normal skin and mature skin aswell.One should really have a good skin for this foundation,cause it wont cover acne scars,dark under eye circles and such. Easy to work with and very blendable!! Shade range is more suitable for yellow toned skin,wich I have. Overall very happy with it,and will repurchase again.