September 30, 2014 | 1333 users online

Makeup Brushes - Urban Decay - Good Karma Blending Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by Kayyy45

Best foundation brush I've ever used. Soft yet sturdy and blends makeup SO WELL without rubbing any off. Feels nice and works sooo well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by materialface

After reading the 4-5 star reviews on Sephora, I was really excited to buy this brush and try it out. I am really impressed with the brush design, price and the perfect effect it gives. I think if you used this brush with ANY foundation, it would look good. I use this with my revlon nearly naked, laura mercier silk creme, nars TM, etc., to give some examples. I use this every single day and highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by akharri785

I am IN LOVE with this brush. I know I probably bought into the marketing gimmick when I bought this to use with my UD Naked Skin foundation (like is recommended) but it has totally been worth it! It's SO soft, washes remarkably well (never sheds or dries misshapen), and truly does help to blur out imperfections when applying liquid foundation or balms. I usually mist it ever so slightly with a spray bottle (so it's barely damp... I may be crazy, but I think it helps my foundation apply even more smoothly) and use a gentle pump of Naked and then apply it using small, circular motions. The finished result is always very smooth and soft looking.
I have only used this with my Naked foundation but think it would probably work pretty well with any other liquid foundation or balm as long as it's not too thick.
I would definitely recommend this if you're looking for a quality foundation brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2012 1:10:00 AM More reviews by sultry

I think this brush is amazing and I use it on cream eye shadow. Since it is synthetic, it won't make your brush stinky. I had mine for quite some time and it is worth the price. The shape of the brush kept well. Just don't jam it in your makeup case esp if it is too short for the brush. it is a big no-no

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2011 12:43:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I use good quality brushes, mostly MAC, to apply my eyeshadows, so my eyemakeup already looked very good, if I do say so, myself. :D

But I thought I still needed a little "finishing touch" to give my shadows that wonderful "air-brushed" look, especially when I wear a dark shade in the crease. I already had a decent blending brush (MAC 217), but since I use that one mostly to apply browbone highlight, I wanted a dedicated blending brush.

Since I've adopted a personal policy of buying only synthetic makeup brushes, I had to look fairly extensively for a cruelty-free blending brush (most of them are made with animal hair). Good old Urban Decay really came through for me, with this blending brush.

The Good Karma Blending Brush is small (about 5" in total length), and features soft-but-firm bristles formed into a paddle shape. The brush's small size makes it a breeze to handle, and the "business end" of the brush is the *perfect* combination of gentle-on-the-skin softness and get-the-job-done firmness. I apply my shadows where I want them, then finish off with a few quick swipes of the blending brush, and viola! My shadows are still where I put them, color undiminished, but they're seamlessly blended.

This may not be an absolutely essential brush for *everybody,* but those who really love the "smoked out" eyeshadow look should seriously consider adding one of these to even an already-impressive brush arsenal.

I consider it $26 well spent. I'd definitely buy this one again.
SAD NOTE: As of June 2012, all Urban Decay items are “will not repurchase” for me, no matter how much I like them. This regrettable situation is the result of the company’s decision to abandon its ban on animal tests, and market its products in China. As an animal lover/respecter, I will no longer do business with this company, no matter how otherwise appealing the products are to me.
continued >>