Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance

4.1

(Aqua), Hydrogenated Didecene, Glycerin, Pvp, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, Mica (Ci 77019), Cetyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol Isostearate, Glyceryl Isostearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Caprylyl Glycol, Oleth-25, Ceteth-25

on 5/28/2015 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I tried every foundation I own with this primer, hoping it would somehow look good, but it never does. For reference, I am NW20-ish with dry skin (very dry in the winter). I got this primer last year in the fall and used it for the first time around then too.

My first impression was that it would definitely give my face a glow when used under foundation. It's very glowy but definitely not glittery. It is also quite hydrating. My foundation went over it pretty well. But there the pros ended. Within 10 minutes of applying the foundation, it sort of looked like the primer was seeping through. The foundation made tiny little weird patches everywhere. And this from a foundation I use every day that has never done that before. So the next day I tried it with a different foundation, and the same thing happened. This time I stuck it out and just kept blending my foundation until it looked presentable. But by the end of the day my face was a gloppy mess. Sooo patchy.

I tried it again a few times during the winter but it just wasn't hydrating enough for my flaky skin, so I didn't use it. Now with the weather being better and my skin less dry, I tried it again. And it still makes my foundation patchy! I don't know how it does it, but it happens. Would definitely not buy again.

on 5/20/2015 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

this really changes how my foundation looks. it adds a nice dewy glow . i really like it

on 5/18/2015 9:40:00 AM

I know so many people love this, but i just found it really wet on my skin and it didn't seem to make any difference to my make up.
I feel like the odd one out, but it just didn't do anything for me.
Revlon photo finish is a fraction of the price and better.

on 4/29/2015 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

It seems that my list of makeup essentials has increased with age and I'm glad I added this primer to my arsenal.
I prefer it over GA's Light Master Primer which I find a bit too shimmery and it contains alcohol. (my skin is very sensitive with rosacea)

LM's Foundation Primer Radiance gives me a very subtle glow without looking glittery and sometimes I wear it on its own if I'm wearing a casual makeup look.
Most days, I wear this under LM's regular tinted moisturizer and the combination looks like my skin but better. I really dislike heavy bases (both the look and feel) and these two products even out my skin tone and it doesn't feel like I'm wearing makeup.

This primer isn't cheap, although it's a few dollars less than the GA primer. I'm willing to pay the price because I love the product and I believe in paying the extra money for base products. If your base is off, then the rest of your makeup will be off too.
You can always scrimp with other makeup products.

I haven't tried this primer with a foundation but I don't think there will be any issues.

LM excels in base products and this one doesn't disappoint.

on 4/18/2015 9:50:00 PM

I love this stuff! I just use it under my eyes and I get compliments on my skin all of the time.

on 4/12/2015 11:00:00 AM

Not for oily skin at all!! Lady at Space.N.K recommended it but made my face a greaseball and foundation melted off! Did make my skin look radiant and like the tube packaging but sometimes too much can come out.

on 3/30/2015 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

amazing primer for a dewy look! definitely gives a healthy glow to skin. doesn't do much for pores or anything like that, though. but that's not the intended purpose.
watch out though because if you try to apply foundation before it's completely dry, it'll tell you - it'll start balling up. :( be sure to wait at least 5 minutes after applying it to apply your foundation!

on 2/20/2015 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this primer! I use the Laura Mercier smooth finish flawless fluide and without the primer I would only get a few hours of wear out of the foundation. With the primer it lasts me around 8 hours. I break out very easily but this product doesn't cause me to break out. Some people don't like the slight shimmer but I try to apply only a small amount and that helps

on 2/17/2015 12:56:00 PM

This is my favorite primer! It's not silicone based, but it still hides my pores. It makes my makeup last longer. It doesn't break me out at all (everything else does!) I am quite impressed by this primer. I wear it with the Nars TM, and I think they look amazing together!

I buy it in the smaller size so it works great to slap on after my morning bike commute. Only minor complaint is sometimes a lot pops out of the tube at once. That's not so bad really. I wish her hydrating primer came in the smaller size, because I would probably use that one as well.

Highly recommend this primer, especially for the acne prone!

on 2/15/2015 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love this primer! It gives such a healthy glow with or without foundation on top! It's not glittery and it also is hydrating which I need since my skin is on the dry side. It's not too thick though, it is the perfect consistency. I received a sample of this from Macy's and I will definitely buy the full size when I'm out.