Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Radiance

4.1

(Aqua), Hydrogenated Didecene, Glycerin, Pvp, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, Mica (Ci 77019), Cetyl Alcohol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Propylene Glycol Isostearate, Glyceryl Isostearate, 1,2-Hexanediol, Boron Nitride, Squalane, Caprylyl Glycol, Oleth-25, Ceteth-25

on 8/14/2015 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I am a primer junkie. I do not wear foundation. For my face, I use SPF, primer, concealer, sheer light bronzer, and a tad of blush.

Foundation dries out my skin. Primer seems to keep my skin fresh

I have tried all types of HE Primers from MUFE, Smashbox, Clarines, Dior, Cover FX, Clarins

My favorites are the Laura Mercier illuminating primer with the Laura Mercier Bronzing Primer. the Dior moisture is really nice as is the Cover FX illuminating.

Primer with a tad of concealer and finishing powder gives you are really nice natural look

I think I will repurchase the Bronze and Illuminating Primers, probably brand Laura Mercier.

Note: I was going to purchase the Channel Bronze Base product ($52 ouch) but I think that is powdery, and at my age too much powder is not a good thing. I also have fair skin with pink undertones and the Chanel looked orange. This looks Bronze and you can change the intensity by mixing in a clear primer.

Have been using LM on and off for 20 years. This is a a great product for those that want a cream bronzer that is sheer and doesn't look like make up

on 8/2/2015 9:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

So I have such a thing for primer, I've been so loyal to smash box primer( green) and I maintain that loyality. Smash box d/c'd their shimmer type primer a few years ago and I never really found a supplement. I trolled the Internet for awhile and was about to shell out the big bucks for Tom Ford, then someone recommended Laura Mercier and I'm really glad I followed up. I love it! it adds a night highlight for me and helps keep make up looking decent and that's saying a lot right now because it's summer. I also feel like it's going to last more forever bc I'm only need a small amount. I definitely recommded checking this out.

on 7/12/2015 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is a pearlescent product which, as said in the name of the product, makes your skin very radiant. I use this underneath my bare minerals powder foundation or my bourjois healthy mix foundation every single time I wear make up, and it makes my skin look dewy and like I'm glowing from within. This product is NOT glittery, like some radiant primers can be, it just gives a glow. This is one of those products where a little bit goes a long way, and you only need a pea sized amount to cover your whole face. This product is pricey, but 100% worth it. I can't stress enough how good this product is and I definitely won't be using another primer any time soon.

on 7/5/2015 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Way too glowy for me.

on 6/1/2015 10:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Most primers break me out for whatever reason but this one thankfully does not. I am really happy to have finally found a primer that works for my apparently difficult skin. Also I think it may help fill in fine lines just a tiny bit, bonus!

on 5/31/2015 9:48:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a gorgeous primer. I am on my second tube already, and the first tube lasted well over a year with almost daily use. You get a lot in the tube. I love using this with my Silk Creme foundation; I think the two work perfectly together. However, this seems to work well with every foundation I've put over it. The shimmer is not apparent on your face and it just give a beautiful peachy, luminous sheen. The best part is that it not only gives a well moisturized glow, but also increases the longevity of my foundation's wear time. I think this is the best glow primer out there.

on 5/28/2015 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I tried every foundation I own with this primer, hoping it would somehow look good, but it never does. For reference, I am NW20-ish with dry skin (very dry in the winter). I got this primer last year in the fall and used it for the first time around then too.

My first impression was that it would definitely give my face a glow when used under foundation. It's very glowy but definitely not glittery. It is also quite hydrating. My foundation went over it pretty well. But there the pros ended. Within 10 minutes of applying the foundation, it sort of looked like the primer was seeping through. The foundation made tiny little weird patches everywhere. And this from a foundation I use every day that has never done that before. So the next day I tried it with a different foundation, and the same thing happened. This time I stuck it out and just kept blending my foundation until it looked presentable. But by the end of the day my face was a gloppy mess. Sooo patchy.

I tried it again a few times during the winter but it just wasn't hydrating enough for my flaky skin, so I didn't use it. Now with the weather being better and my skin less dry, I tried it again. And it still makes my foundation patchy! I don't know how it does it, but it happens. Would definitely not buy again.

on 5/20/2015 12:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

this really changes how my foundation looks. it adds a nice dewy glow . i really like it

on 5/18/2015 9:40:00 AM

I know so many people love this, but i just found it really wet on my skin and it didn't seem to make any difference to my make up.
I feel like the odd one out, but it just didn't do anything for me.
Revlon photo finish is a fraction of the price and better.

on 4/29/2015 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

It seems that my list of makeup essentials has increased with age and I'm glad I added this primer to my arsenal.
I prefer it over GA's Light Master Primer which I find a bit too shimmery and it contains alcohol. (my skin is very sensitive with rosacea)

LM's Foundation Primer Radiance gives me a very subtle glow without looking glittery and sometimes I wear it on its own if I'm wearing a casual makeup look.
Most days, I wear this under LM's regular tinted moisturizer and the combination looks like my skin but better. I really dislike heavy bases (both the look and feel) and these two products even out my skin tone and it doesn't feel like I'm wearing makeup.

This primer isn't cheap, although it's a few dollars less than the GA primer. I'm willing to pay the price because I love the product and I believe in paying the extra money for base products. If your base is off, then the rest of your makeup will be off too.
You can always scrimp with other makeup products.

I haven't tried this primer with a foundation but I don't think there will be any issues.

LM excels in base products and this one doesn't disappoint.

Popular Primer/ Correctors