August 30, 2014 | 1158 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Lumene - Sensitive Touch Cleansing Wipes

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by eoifemacbeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have extremely sensitive skin and incredibly sensitive eyes, and I was honestly shocked to read the reviews below about burning and stinging and redness -- I have bought probably fifty or more packs of these over the years and they are truly my only ever, holy grail face wipe. They don't take off waterproof mascara, true, but they take off facial makeup beautifully and are really refreshing on my face. Usually I use them after oil cleansing my eye area with coconut oil (the only thing that gets off all my eye makeup) and they have never given me any kind of pimple or acne problem. I do wish they were a tiny bit more wet, and dried out a little less quickly (I keep them in a Tupperware to offset that issue), but they irritate neither my eyes nor my face, and so I will repurchase them forever.

Just goes to show, your mileage will always vary!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

OUCH! Seriously, why are these marketed to people with sensitive skin? My skin HURTS after I use them. They remove makeup beautifully, but the also leave my skin red, blotchy and irritated. They leave a thin layer of some kind of moisturizer on your skin also, but it's not comforting at all. It makes my skin feel itchy. I have to wash it off with regular cleanser immediately after using them. I'll finish my little pack, but I definitely won't repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love these. I don't normally use cleansing wipes because they usually leave my face stinging and red no matter what brand I use, but I got a sample pack as a freebe and I've had such good luck with Lumene's Sensitive Touch line that I actually used them, and now they're an HG for me. They don't irritate my skin at all, and though I always follow up with soap and water, they do a great job of removing my (mineral powder) makeup. I do have to use a separate eye makeup remover to get rid of my waterproof mascara, but I've never used a wipe I didn't have to do that with, so I'm not taking a lippie off for it. They're more expensive than other d/s wipes, but for me they're worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was looking for an alternative to DHC make-off sheets and another wipe by Waitrose and Paula recommended these. They are now my first choice for wipes. They feel soft to me, are not soaked in solution, but not dry either, and I have never had any irritation with them. I see they are being reviewed as eye makeup remover, but I use them for my entire face. I also run some toner over my face after using just to get whatever the wipes may have missed. Packaging is typical soft pack and I keep mine in a ziplock to prevent drying out. They are quite expensive for wipes, about double the price of the DHC. Thus, while I prefer these wipes, I alternate between them and the (much) more affordable DHC.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by ihasa

These wipes smell terrible. They seem to work though, although my eyes did sting a little.

They're really nothing special, not sure how they were named an Allure best of beauty winner. Overall impression: meh.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by jackchi24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using these makeup remover wipes for a few months now and I really like them. I have very sensitive, acne prone skin and these don't irritate my skin at all or cause breakouts. They feel nice on my skin, but unfortunately don't remove all my makeup. They do remove most of my makeup though, so whatever is left over gets removed when I wash my face with a cleanser after using these wipes. I've tried multiple makeup remover wipes and used the Olay sensitive skin ones for a long time, but I think I like these better. I've used simple, Burt's bees and neutrogena as well and all of these either didn't remove most of my makeup (simple) or irritated my skin (Burt's bees and neutrogena). I'll continue to repurchase these lumene wipes.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by Ritochok

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know why these wipes are called sensitive touch... They feel like sandpaper on my skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried a small pack of these and was not really impressed. These have no fragrance to them so whatever is added to them to clean the makeup off smells really bad. I hated the smell of these and always hurried up and washed up after using. These did irritate my eyes a little when taking off my makeup and they also did not take off all of my makeup. These are not really anything special and not worth the extra money.