August 1, 2014 | 1939 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - ring in the red

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Aliakatt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a wonderful ruby red glitter polish. The base is a very lightly tinted red colour and it is full of varying sized glitter. It is perfect over red polish for just a bit of shimmer, or three coats on it's own will be opaque.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2012 3:54:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Two coats of this polish (applied generously) and it was opaque and a beautiful red color. The glitter is such that it looks 3-D'ish. The topcoat I always use is Sally Hansen's Mega Shine (in the mirror finish bottle). Absolutely zero chipping (I've had this polish on for over one week now, and I actively use my hands). I only say I wouldn't purchase again because one bottle of this type of polish is enough for me, it's not a reflection of my happiness with the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2011 5:08:00 AM More reviews by mirrorgirlmirrorgirls

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

not into red but this one on me came out a very bright coral with tons of glitter. its more of a coral-pumpkin. the glitter has chunks of silver, dark red and orange. the finished color glows in any light or time of day or nite. i love this one. it does take 3 coats to get it opaque and a topcoat. drying time is fast and application is easy. i found no problem with grainy nails nor chipping. this shade is so fun, festive and upbeat. it is hard to remove and needs a pure acetone np remover but no big deal. well buy this headturner again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Ligeiapg

I love the color of this one. It is true that the polish is sort of clear, but once you put 2 layers or 3, you get the right kind of red. And I love red. But I do have some issues with it... not too bad that I would not buy again though.

I have to say first that this is my first glitter-type polish.

Once you put the 3 layers, it looks awesome... but it was VERY difficult to take. Is there any particular way that one need to deal with the glitter type polishes? I felt I was scratching my nails really badly.

The other thing is that I did not like the texture. It feels like sand over your nails. I suppose if you put another layer of a clear polish it may be fine, but I did not try that.

And it chipped pretty fast.
When I used the 3 layers of it, it chipped before 24 hours. And when I washed my hair, half my nails were naked. (And yes, the other half took forever to be clear/clean).
Now when I used one layer of a OPI red polish, and then one layer of this one, it seems to be lasting longer. I am also hoping it makes the cleaning faster and less painful for my nails.

But like I said before, I really liked the color, and I can see myself purchasing again. It is very festive... very Xmas-sy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 9:04:00 PM More reviews by jatkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Beautiful blood red micro glitter when and only when applied over OPI Red. Otherwise it is a very clear glittery nail polish. Highly recommend the combo. The combination looks like Dorothy's red slippers. Love it!!!!!! This polish is unimpressive on its own (as is almost all glitter polishes), but beautiful when paired with OPI Red.