Aura Cacia Avocado oil

4.8

on 6/28/2014 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

great for super dry skin, very warm and thick oil, no smell, you could add essential oil for the smell. if you want it lighter, i just mix it with the grapeseed oil. great for massage or dry skin type.

on 10/26/2013 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

For the past several months, I have been switching my skincare around to more natural and organic products and I've definitely noticed a difference in the way my skin looks and feels.
Prior to trying this, I had been using Pond's Clarant B3 moisturizer, which was great, but as I said, I wanted to get away from unnatural products.
A YouTube beauty guru (I can't remember her using name) mentioned that she uses avocado oil as a moisturizer so I decided to give it a try!

I bought this product at Whole Foods for $7. As another reviewer mentioned the way the oil comes out of the bottle in a squirting like manner is extremely messy and nonuser friendly. I wound up removing that plastic-squirt thing and will just carefully pour a bit of the product into the palm of my hands- this works a lot better.
A little goes a long way with the stuff in order to cover your entire face. If you ever accidentally apply too much, just take a tissue and lightly blot your face (I'll do this sometimes before I apply my makeup also). To me, this does a muuuuuch better job at moisturizing my face without breaking me out! This has also made my skin feel sooo soft and smooth.
Yes, your skin will look greasy after apply this, but I don't mind because I apply this at night or use makeup after in the mornings.

If you are looking for a natural moisturizer, I highly recommend this! :)

on 2/2/2013 7:28:00 PM

I regularly alternate avocado oil with pure jojoba oil to moisturize my face at bedtime. But I recently started moisturizing all over with avocado oil. It is an excellent body moisturizer and my skin just drinks it in. It's a very good product to use especially during the cold, dry winter months where I live. I used to occasionally breakout in my arms but they cleared up since I started using this oil. I apply it on when my skin is still damp and freshly showered. Amazing that it clears up breakouts considering it's an oil. Recently, I ran out of this oil so I had to use Lubriderm lotion and my arms started breaking out again. So I quickly re-purchased and my skin cleared up again. I usually order it from Well.ca.

on 11/20/2011 11:59:00 PM

This work extremely well on my dry/sensitive skin! I don`t find this heavy at all, but I only use a bit on DAMP face. That way it sinks in 100%. Coconut oil used to clog my pores, but this Avocado oil actually shrinks my pores and makes my face very even toned, beautiful and healthy. The only complaint is that too much oil comes out from the bottle so I twist the cap off and put my palm against it and turn it quick upside down, and whatever is on my palm, that small amount goes on my face, I dumpen my face with water and put the oil on, that is it, works beautifully without chemicals, etc. :-)

on 11/7/2011 9:38:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is a very rich, moisturizing oil. I would mix with a lighter oil like grapeseed oil and maybe lavender essential oil and use as moisturizer. I use it right after shower when my skin is still damp. It makes my skin soft and smooth. I have very dry skin and this really works.

Popular Body Skincare Products