April 19, 2014 | 925 users online

Moisturizers - Moogoo Acne Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 9:05:00 AM More reviews by TamaraD87

This product is AMAZING! as soon as you feel a pimple coming, put it on and seriously, it will not come up.

I get breakouts around that time of the month, not just any kind of breakout, like i mean big, round, deep under the skin acne type things that just come up and look huge and red, I used to use antibiotics to control it, but long term use of antibiotics is no good, because you build a resistance, anyway... i tried this products and it seriously works!

As soon as I feel those pimples coming on I use that as my regular moisturizer and it stops the breakout from happening.

It is all natural, benzyl peroxide free product, does not dry skin out like common Acne treatments do, it actually leaves your skin really nice and soft.

I even use it after I get my eyebrows threaded, as I tend to break out after, I use it on that area and stops me from breaking out.

It can clog pores a bit if you use it too much, as it does have alot of natural oils, so be wary of that. Only use it when you need to really, it is very rich.

It smells great, it's all natural, and it's good value for $.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by JessMolesworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this moisturizer. I use it at night time because i think it is a bit thick for daytime as i have oily skin. I haven't had any bad break outs with this moisturizer which i'm really happy about. i don't have acne but I did get lots of big pimples around my chin which are now all gone. This makes my skins so soft and the texture of my skin is so much better. so glad I found this. Smells a bit weird but i don't really mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 3:51:00 AM More reviews by ila88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I LOVE this moisturizer!! This is my HG moisturizer currently.

A lil' bit of history... Before I've started using the Acne Cleansing Cream (together with its Oil Cleanser), my skin had terrible breakouts esp my chin area. Terrible, terrible, big cystic acne all over my chin, upper lip area and around my nose. Not really sure why but I strongly believe it was because of Paulas's Choice products esp BHA 2% Lotion and the Balancing Toner. I was keeping all my positivity, saying that the breakout was because of my congested skin and that the BHA was just doing the job. But after about one month and a half, my skin did not show any sign of getting better. Big cystic acne kept popping up, I thought to myself, that's it!!

I've searched high and low for natural remedy to cure my problem. Then I found MooGoo!! After one week of only using the Oil Cleanser and the Acne Cleansing Cream, my skin has improved tremendously! My breakout has decreased and my skin is looking better. Love!

Some people may find this cream a bit on oily side and some said it's a little bit drying for their liking. I believe it really depends on your skin type. I have combination and yes, I do find it a lil' bit oily eap for daytime use. But what the heck. As long as my skin is free from acne I'll continue this. And since I use some powder, the 'oiliness' is not really a biggie to me. I totally love what the cream does for me.

In the morning, I'll wash my face with Moogoo Milky Wash, follow by this cream (while your skin is still damp). I'll wait for like 5-10mins then I put on my foundation or BB cream or sunscreen and a light face powder.

At night, I'll use make-up wipes follow by the Oil Cleanser (love!). Then apply the Acne Cleansing Cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by sunnykt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for about two weeks. Smells prettiful. Face feels prettiful. Reduces pimples. Skin looks nice, although I don't think it works well under my foundation- as my foundation has been caking when I put it on first. I think I need to let it sink in for about an hour at least before foundation, so that's a shame. I wanted a day time product, since the serum I use at night would be slippery and I asked them and they recommended this. I love it, but I don't really think any Moogoo product is good for "immediate" use. It needs a lot of time to sink it, which is fair enough considering the ingredient list.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by celkin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a miracle product! Big call to make but it's just incredible how much improvement I've seen since using this cream morning and night. I was using the Full Milk cream and didn't really see much difference with breakouts, although it did improve the evenness of my skin. This cream has made my skin tone even, brightened my skin and I've had clear skin since I started using it about a month ago.
Seriously impressed wit MooGoo products! It being cheap is an added bonus! They could quadruple the cost and I would still be stocking up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by pinkfluffy

I was pretty skeptical upon purchasing this cream because it's a cleansing cream + moisturizer AND it claims to show results within a few days to a week. But wow, does it live up to its claims. I had been using benzoyl peroxide to clear up my acne prior to this, and have been on a bout of extremely dry skin. However, it had been the only thing that was working for me, so I stuck to it, until I discovered MooGoo. I have been using this day and night, immediately after I wash my face, and while it's still slightly damp, massaging it in gently, then leaving it to dry. That and nothing else. My face has cleared, it's still oily, but no more so, which is surprising, as I was expecting this cream, with its thick consistency, to turn me into a grease pot as all the other moisturizers had. It's never clogged or broken me out, and my skin seems to be staying clear after more than a week. It's easy and it works. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 4:25:00 AM More reviews by reichieru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Had a massive hormonal breakout on my face and I have tried all kinds products and regime including the benzoyl peroxide regime which made my skin even worse and sensitive. I was really desperate for a cure and my bf bought me this. It calms down my screaming red acne face and slowly clearing some acne.

The texture of the cream is perfect for the all-year-long hot weather here. But when I'm in an air conditioned room it can be quite drying. So I will use it with neutralizing, scar, acne or hydrating ampoules and they work together perfectly!

My face is not 100% clear yet.. still have some new acne from time to time but I understand that these product are not magic and it takes time. At least my face doesn't look like a screaming tomato anymore. I was using this with Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. Will try this out with MooGoo Oil cleanser next time. Might give me better results.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2012 8:02:00 PM More reviews by whitem05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love Moogoo's stuff in general, but unfortunately, I found this too "thick" feeling for my super oily skin. Its almost like it feels "oily" rather than adding hydration, if that makes sense.

My problem isnt really acne, but rather, I get clogged skin and then under skin bumps, so having a thick feeling moisturiser is a nono for me. I use the MSM cream now as my facial moisturiser. Its much more light feeling and sinks right in.

I only use this (to use it up) in winter when going out in the wind etc, when I need some more protection (as a barrier).

As I said, I dont have acne, but bad skin from oily skin / clogged pores, so I dont know how valid my review is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2012 8:27:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

This is a lightweight moisturiser and I have to say it is pretty awesome. I wouldn't say my skin is 100% clear but it is definitely a safe cream to use for acne prone skin. It is a bit too light for my dry skin but it was perfect in summer.

If my skin ever goes haywire, I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by tiggercat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG moisturizer! I've only had one other HG which is L'occitane's red rice line which is soon to be discontinued. I've used this for 4 months. It's helped with my hormonal acne. I now have the clearest skin I've ever had in years. Even my previous HG wasn't as good as this. I've suffered from acne for 10 years. It's become milder as I got older and probably thanks to 2 rounds of accutane, but it was always there and worse during that time of month. I'd say my adult acne is mild. I couldn't believed how much this worked! I can't stop staring at my skin because it's great!

This is perfect for combination skin. It doesn't break me out. It hydrates perfectly & doesn't make me oily in my T zone. It might not be enough for drier skin types though, I'd recommend the MSM MooGoo cream for dry skin, which is my winter moisturizer.

I can't recommend MooGoo enough. I tried it because of all the rave reviews on forums, and since it wasn't expensive I figured, what do I have to lose? I already tried drugstore brands, expensive brands like La Mer, Philosophy, Estee Lauder, Aesop, Korres etc. So I bought it and now I'm a MooGoo lover for life. I will NEVER switch from this brand because of the results.