July 28, 2014 | 1946 users online

Pressed Powders - Lancome - Translucence Mattifying Silky Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Deniserebbert

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This powder is OK, good color but still just OK. It does give a matt finish but in an 8 hour period I had to re-apply 3 times and for the price you could spend less at MAC and get their oil blotting powder that DOES control oil and shine. This powder just inst worth its weight in dollars.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by skeezicks_7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder is quite good and is really mattifying, almost to the point of looking unnaturally and almost radiantly "made-up," especially right after it's applied. After several hours it takes on a more natural appearance. I consider it a very good product but am not sure if I would purchase it again. It was non-irritating to my skin, but is a little less low-key than I would prefer, upon initial application anyway.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

This is a wonderfully silky pressed powder meant to set foundation or be used for touch-ups. It doesn't not have enough coverage to be used as powder foundation. The texture is very smooth and fine, but not overly powdery. I use this to set my Revlon Colorstay Whipped and they work amazingly together for oily skin. The lightest color, Ivoire 100, is a light neutral beige suitable for MAC NC/NW15-20.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 2:32:00 PM More reviews by JEC89123

Love it! I have searched for something to replace my old Estée Lauder matte powder after they changed the packaging several years ago. I was able to stick pile the old packaging ones on eBay, but eventually they ran out. I am on my second of these Lancôme powders and I can hands down say this is the best powder I have ever used! New HG!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I bought this powder a few months ago to use as a contour shade for my super pale skin and I have liked it for that purpose. I bought it in the shade 550 Suede which is still a little bit warm for my complexion but 10x better than a regular bronzer. I really, really like how truly silky this powder is, it feels super luxurious. When I use up my regular setting powder, I think I will try this one for my whole face. The only things that I dislike about the powder is the packaging- though it is beautiful it is super bulky and takes up a massive chunk of space in my makeup bag for a little amount of product and....the pan fell out of the packaging and almost shattered which I believe another person complained about in their review. The product itself though is lovely and I really recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by cindy007

This magical powder, when combined with Tient Miracle foundation, makes my skin look incredible. What I mean is it even makes your skin look good when you are tired, and that is saying a lot. This powder smooths over the skin and does not settle into fine lines or pores. it has a very silky finish. It has no scent so it will not bother your nose or your skin. So far I have had no breakouts or irritations with this powder. If you have not had enough sleep (which is me, on a reg basis) this and the Tient Miracle are the stuff to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2012 9:00:00 AM More reviews by jdeb1968

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Based on the great reviews on this site - I had to give it a try. I just don't get the hype. I didn't even leave the house when I had to blot with my Mac Blot Powder. I am NC20 with oily skin and used Buff 200. It looked bad upon initial application - settled into every pore on my face. After 20 minutes and I was applying blot powder. Thru the course of my work day - it turned cakey and orange. I could not wait to wash this stuff off of my face. I know everyone is different - but this did not work for me - returned.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Xxkonixx

I have been looking for a good pressed powder for a very long time. I have combination skin with oily t zone but slightly dehydrated for the rest of the face and i'm so tired of having to used two different powder for that reason and i was never able to find something that will work all over my face. I have been a long time faithful fan of clinique almost makeup powder but i was never totally satisfy for the color (all being pink or neutral), coverage and how it makes my face grease after few hours. I had came across a long and expensive quest for powder, dior, chanel, mac, nars, too faced, bare minerals, shiseido just to name a few. i had came to a conclusion that my face doesn't like spf or minera type of powder. I was still not able to find the right coverage, right color and one that doesn't bother my sensitive acne prone skin. Just as i felt like i have tried pretty much anythinggg and very discourage and i just decided to give lancome a final try.....And finally i believe i have found something that works for me!! THIS POWDER IS SO UNDERRATED!!! UPDATE: broke me out after few weeks of usingg.....and also find it very dryinggg.....going back to mac's careblend...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by lize8263

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best pressed powder for my oily, but sensitive skin! I was looking for something to control shine all day, and also even out my skin tone. This product does just that! I'm most impressed that it lasts all day, usually powders wear off throughout the day, but this one doesn't! Might be a little pricey, but def worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by mayflower537

This is awesome powder. I always liked my pressed powders, but this one I truly LOVE. It makes me look like a china doll. I am wearing it over the Revlon whipped Colorstay foundation and loving the combination of these two. Keeps my oilies at bay almost all day. No joke. And usually I'd have to reapply powder several times a day which led to crease lines and such. I have fairly oily skin that benefits from the oil-sopping-up properties of this stuff and the foundation I mentioned. This is good stuff - well worth the price.