July 22, 2014 | 1374 users online

Moisturizers - Neutrogena - Multi-Defence Daily Moisturiser SPF25

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I normally use Olay SPF 30 which is a nice product, but I was annoyed how quickly it runs out. This was cheaper, and spf 25, so I thought I'd try it. Big mistake. It's not moisturising. It says "for all skin types" on the product, but it LIES! :D I'm normal, and it pulls tight on me after application. I'm debating whether to toss it or invest in a serum to wear underneath just to make my face comfortable!

It also lies that it's unfragranced - it smells like raw chemical moisturiser. The absence of "parfum" does not make something unfragranced!

Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2013 5:04:00 AM More reviews by OlgaGorgeous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is ok moisturiser, works well for me

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by BeautyAddict62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of the worst moisturisers I have ever used on my skin. It left a greasy residue on my face, by the end of the day my skin felt very tight and it give me angry, red spots. I was disappointed because I have used other Neutrogena products in the past and they have been really good. It's probably best suited to people that have normal skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2012 6:49:00 AM More reviews by zoettevdt

I love this use it everyday and had no issues so far, a great daily moisturiser for normal skin! The smell isnt as bad as some others have said, it just isnt scented and perfumey!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Ancatje

This is one of the few moisturisers with SPF higher than 15 that I could find on the high street/ in drugstores, so it's high protection but doesn't cost a fortune - I think it was less than 8 at Boots.

The biggest problem I have with this is the smell - it's absolutely HORRIBLE. It does go away soon after the product is absorbed, but while I put this on I always keep thinking ew ewww ewww. It kind of feels like I'm putting car tyres on my face, as in, rubber I suppose is what I mean. (The packaging says it's unfragranced - lies, all lies!)

Otherwise, I have combination skin (oily T-zone and dry cheeks and udereyes) and in general I find this moisturising enough on my skin. Sometimes if I feel my cheeks are quite dry I'll put a light serum underneath OR another moisturiser on top. This is a light product I'd say, and gets absorbed really quickly so you have to be a bit fast to spread it around.
If I put on too much of this, it does feel greasy! But I suppose that's the case with most SPFs...

I like the packaging and that the pump makes is very easy to control how much product you get out.

As a massive bonus point, this doesn't irritate my eyes, which for me is rare, especially with SPF products.

Overall, if it wasn't for the disgusting smell I'm pretty sure I'd buy this again and again, as it's such a good cheap day to day product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by poppyplastic

This is a mediocre moisturiser, and is too expensive for an average high street brand.
It is not intensely moisturising, however I do feel that it is a bit greasy. I find that, because of this, my skin does not feel nourished. After a few days of using The Body Shop Aloe Vera lotion, I do like to use this for a day or two because my skin doesn't need moisturised as much.
I have found that using this moisturiser for a prolonged period of time causes my skin to be duller and be in need of more exfoliation than usual.
In saying this, my sister is very satisfied with this product and has repurchased. Her skin is more balanced than mine.
I would conclude that this moisturiser is ideal for a person who does not need much skincare, just a light layer of moisturiser. The pump bottle looks well and is convenient.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by alackofcolor

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try this out after I ran out of my Dr Nick Lowe day cream.
I bought this from Boots. I saw no beneficial effects on my skin. There are better moisturizers out there for the same price or lower. And it broke me out in little red zits/bumps on my cheeks!
And just when I thought my skin had cleared up for good... guess I'm going back to my Nick Lowe. sighh, if it ain't broken don't fix it!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by LuHu82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very average moisturising qualities on my skin and quite greasy (it breaks me out if I use it for more than 5 days on the run), but ok as an 'emergency' back up for a day or two when I run out of my favourite and can't replace it immediately.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I quite like this product, I have the night cream as well and when used together I have definitely seen an improvment in my skin it looks clearer, healthier and feels a lot softer. I also like how it has a high SPF yet it doesn't feel heavy like I have experienced with past face creams with a lower SPF, it doesn't feel as though I'm putting suncreen on my face even though I am in a way! I don't know if it lives up to all the claims on the bottle, such as the defence against '5 major daily aggressors, sun, heat, cold, pollution and wind' because frankly I don't see the effects of pollution or wind on my skin but it does protect from the sun and my skin does feel hydrated throughout the day. However, I only bought these because they were on special offer, otherwise it seems a little pricey for the amount you get as well as I'm not sure I'd pay full whack for something I'm not entirely sure covers all the things it claims to do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I bought this when it was on special offer in Boots, having read a review of it in a weekend newspaper supplement. The review was very positive, so I thought I would give it a try.

This is a good overall moisturiser, which left my skin feeling very soft and well moisturised but not greasy. It goes on well and doesn't take too much rubbing to sink into your skin either.

I think my skin does look better since using this - my cheeks are definitely not as dry and red, and with the cold weather now definitely upon us in the UK, I can see the benefits of using a cream like this.

The only negative thing about this cream (and the reason for the 4/5 score) is the smell - it smells awful! I've gotten used to it now, but when I first started using it, the smell alone was nearly enough to put me off using it at all. If you can get past the smell, which is quite floral but also musty, then this is a good cream and definitely worth trying, particularly if you are prone to dryness in the winter months.