August 22, 2014 | 2042 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish - Kate Moss 01

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

What a great red! It seems to me that this would be universally flattering, but of course everyone has their own fave. I usually wear NARS Red Lizard, but lately its been looking a bit flat on my lips. Too matte, kind of blah. This lippie is gorgeous because it has more depth and looks creamier. Brightens my face right up. Love the price and the packaging, it's simple and sleek. Highly recommend Rimmel Kate Moss line for all those searching for a new red lipstick. I know this line has more than one shade of red. Can't comment on lasting power just yet, but will update if I'm disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by msbuttercuo06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This lipstick is a perfect red, not a bit orange on me as someone said before. My skin is very fair (though tanned at the moment) and of neutral hue.
It is very highly pigmented and a little bit of it goes a long way. Usually I apply some on the center of my lips and just spread it out with a brush and it covers perfectly. It's a bit difficult to achieve a perfect contour even with a brush, I haven't tried it with lipliner yet, will try.
It smells wonderful. The smell is not irritating or anything (and this is important to me since I get migraines very easily and never use perfume or perfumed foundations etc), it's stronger when you smell the lipstick itself, subtle on the lips, sweet and lovely.
It also doesn't dry your lips. Feels very silky and comfortable.
Great product. However, I'm a bit concerned that it's twice as expensive as other Rimmel lipsticks. I haven't tried those and maybe they really are worse but for now, I'm feeling a little bit greedy.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by CSIMelissa

From the looks of it in the package I was thinking it was a neutral-slightly blue-type red BUT on me it looks very orange. I have fair to medium skin, brownish-blonde hair and blue eyes. Itís very bright too and Iím more used to wearing a deeper red.

It feels nice on my lips, however and the price was excellent. The store I bought this from allows exchanges so I will try color 107 instead of this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by RedAngelWings

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect dramatic red color! I use this for special occasions and dance performances. This lipstick lasts a long time, has great pigmentation, and isn't too uncomfortable. I love the black tube with the Kate written on it. Once this lipstick sets, it isn't shiny, but a touch of gloss over the top is perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 6:41:00 AM More reviews by hishoney

I LOVE THIS. Can't rave about this enough. I love everything about this. I mean it! The texture is creamy, a dream to apply, non drying even without lip balm underneath. It smells delish!! Others hate it but I'm one of those people not sensitive to scents, I actually like my lipsticks smelling like desserts or sweets. Also, the longevity is great! The formula kind of gets sticky after an hour then it won't budge after that. But what I really love the most is the color, OMG a rich bloody red which makes my skin brighter and glowing and just plain amazing. I apply this straight from the bullet. No lipliner, no lip balm and yet there's no bleeding, no feathering. Absolutely perfect.

A creamy and a bit lighter and warmer version of Russian Red!

I surely will purchase more of these babies ;) <3

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by lattevaniglia

My HG red lipstick. I'm in love with the colour AND the price! Kate 01 is a bright true red, and will suit any skin tone (I'm tan with a bit of a yellow undertone, and it looks just as great on a fair-skinned friend). I feel absolutely killer when I wear this, though I've discovered that it's best if I line my lips beforehand, as it can be a bit easy to smudge. On the plus side, it stays on for hours and doesn't dry my lips! For a vampy look, I like to layer it with Wet N' Wild's Cherry Bomb -- the combo is amazing! You'd only need mascara and a little bit of a cat-eye then ;) For more laid-back days, Kate 01 is also great as a lip stain (I just mix it with a little Rosebud Salve). Cannot express my love for this more -- it's my first foray into the red lipstick field, and I couldn't care less if it were the last! Also, the cherry scent is heavenly! Reminds me of a doll my sister had when we were little. Buy this if you're looking for great value for your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this color! I will definitely buy this again. Its darker than the typical cherry red, but its not a burgundy. In my opinion it is suitable for daytime wear, although its more dramatic than most reds. I'm not sure if it is a blue red or not; I have warm skin and this looks fine on me. The formula is moist, well-pigmented, smooth and creamy, and smells sweet and sort of fruity. If you use a lip brush, apply a thin layer and blot, you don't need a lipliner and it will stay very well. If you apply it from the bullet, I recommend a lipliner as it will go on much thicker, and bleed a bit. Overall, I love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Curlybird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Rimmel Kate Moss 01 is a blue red shade that goes on smooth with a very buttery texture and is super pigmented. This lippie is a bold red that doesn't clash with my skin- the warmer and lighter reds tend to make me look clownish. It's kind of a fresh blood red, and that makes me think it would look good on most people, since we all have red blood. It lasts for hours on me and wears off evenly. The black tube with Kate's signature is cute and I even like the smell, which reminds me of the cinnamon rolls at Holiday Inn Express and road trip memories.
Love the Kate Moss Rimmel lippies, the combination of long wear time, formula, pigmentation and price make the Rimmel section the first place I go to in the drugstore.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by MadameButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color (a true red with slight brown undertones) is beautiful, the texture (smooth and soft), pigmentation (strong) and finish (long lasting) are great, but the downfall for this lipstick is the horrible SMELL. This is why I end up forking out the money for high-end lipsticks, even after finding DS dupes. The strong perfumey smell they use to cover up the wax smell is so horrible, even worse when they add vanilla scent/flavor. That perfume-vanilla-wax smell makes me gag. It's significantly worse than Revlon. I find that Revlon is usually as elegant to wear as HE brands, but Rimmel is just too much. I still give this 3 stars though because the color is nice, it's just too bad that I can't overcome the smell. It's strong enough that you can smell it when you open the tube, and you can smell it on people if you get close enough to their face.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by theamazinganna

I love this lippie! I have so many red lippies - revlon, mac, nars, etc. This formula goes on creamy and doesn't dry up as much as my ruby woo. I've made this my new go to red lipstick. Got so many compliments too! It lasts long even after eating/drinking.