April 16, 2014 | 2118 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Lasting Finish - Kate Moss 01

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2014 12:24:00 AM More reviews by lattevaniglia

My HG red lipstick. I'm in love with the colour AND the price! Kate 01 is a bright true red, and will suit any skin tone (I'm tan with a bit of a yellow undertone, and it looks just as great on a fair-skinned friend). I feel absolutely killer when I wear this, though I've discovered that it's best if I line my lips beforehand, as it can be a bit easy to smudge. On the plus side, it stays on for hours and doesn't dry my lips! For a vampy look, I like to layer it with Wet N' Wild's Cherry Bomb -- the combo is amazing! You'd only need mascara and a little bit of a cat-eye then ;) For more laid-back days, Kate 01 is also great as a lip stain (I just mix it with a little Rosebud Salve). Cannot express my love for this more -- it's my first foray into the red lipstick field, and I couldn't care less if it were the last! Also, the cherry scent is heavenly! Reminds me of a doll my sister had when we were little. Buy this if you're looking for great value for your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by TheHipsterlicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this color! I will definitely buy this again. Its darker than the typical cherry red, but its not a burgundy. In my opinion it is suitable for daytime wear, although its more dramatic than most reds. I'm not sure if it is a blue red or not; I have warm skin and this looks fine on me. The formula is moist, well-pigmented, smooth and creamy, and smells sweet and sort of fruity. If you use a lip brush, apply a thin layer and blot, you don't need a lipliner and it will stay very well. If you apply it from the bullet, I recommend a lipliner as it will go on much thicker, and bleed a bit. Overall, I love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Curlybird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Rimmel Kate Moss 01 is a blue red shade that goes on smooth with a very buttery texture and is super pigmented. This lippie is a bold red that doesn't clash with my skin- the warmer and lighter reds tend to make me look clownish. It's kind of a fresh blood red, and that makes me think it would look good on most people, since we all have red blood. It lasts for hours on me and wears off evenly. The black tube with Kate's signature is cute and I even like the smell, which reminds me of the cinnamon rolls at Holiday Inn Express and road trip memories.
Love the Kate Moss Rimmel lippies, the combination of long wear time, formula, pigmentation and price make the Rimmel section the first place I go to in the drugstore.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by MadameButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color (a true red with slight brown undertones) is beautiful, the texture (smooth and soft), pigmentation (strong) and finish (long lasting) are great, but the downfall for this lipstick is the horrible SMELL. This is why I end up forking out the money for high-end lipsticks, even after finding DS dupes. The strong perfumey smell they use to cover up the wax smell is so horrible, even worse when they add vanilla scent/flavor. That perfume-vanilla-wax smell makes me gag. It's significantly worse than Revlon. I find that Revlon is usually as elegant to wear as HE brands, but Rimmel is just too much. I still give this 3 stars though because the color is nice, it's just too bad that I can't overcome the smell. It's strong enough that you can smell it when you open the tube, and you can smell it on people if you get close enough to their face.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by theamazinganna

I love this lippie! I have so many red lippies - revlon, mac, nars, etc. This formula goes on creamy and doesn't dry up as much as my ruby woo. I've made this my new go to red lipstick. Got so many compliments too! It lasts long even after eating/drinking.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by moh10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not for me

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by LABeautyGal

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this. Good price. Excellent pigmentation. It's not matte but has a slight sheen. Doesn't bleed. The staying power isn't excellent but it is good (lasts me 3-4 hours). My HG red lippie!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by AB188

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh i have been through a lot of red lipsticks. They either look clownish (Think Robert Smith of the Cure), or turn burgundy/pink on my lips (Mac Russian Red) or just seem to go dark (No. 7 Love Red). Even Illamasqua Sangers went burgundy! Arghhhh!!! I must have weird lip chemistry!

This one beats them all hands down, its deep enough to look sophisticated and the hint of brown takes away any pink tones in it. Best of all its not drying but not so moist it ends up all over cups, teeth etc. Rimmel please do not discontinue this shade ever!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

Picked this up today and am loving it. It's a deeper red and comes off glossy. I always use lip liners to give a nice crisp line and this shade is just so gorgeous. Haven't put it through an 8 shift but I'm sure it will hold up nicely. Have to blot after I apply due to it not being super matte. But I can live with that. Very close to Mac viva glam 1 trying both I would say it's dupe worthy. Cost 5$ nice! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by Jennifckerrr

Kate in 01 is a little darker than your typical red lipstick so I love wearing it in the evening. I usually would apply lip treatment a few minutes and then rub it off before applying lipstick. It helps a lot with dry lips/lipsticks so this lipstick doesn't dry my lips or sink into the cracks of my lips. I like to apply a little bit of black shadow over the lipstick for a darker, more sultry wash of colors. Overall a great lipstick at a reasonable price.