Nivea Nivea Fruity Shine in Pink Guava

4.4

on 3/4/2014 3:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Smells wonderful, looks good and moisturisers well. Bought this on impulse. I recommend to any one who wants a good moisturising product. It does seem to have the slightest pink tinge of colour to it as well which looks nice.

on 10/4/2013 10:30:00 AM

It's really moisturizing and gives off the nicest fragrance. My one peeve about this product is that it's rather glossy. Personally, I'm not a gloss-fan. Also, It can feel a little thick at times, but it does have a nice rich color to it

on 7/6/2013 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Wonderful smell, taste and colour. Super moisturising texture reminds me of Revlons lip butter and the shade is what I hoped the revlon peach parfait would be without all the gold glitter. . EDIT - I am very allergic to this product, dry flaking lips and spots all around my lipline - guess this isn't me after all.

on 4/11/2013 11:34:00 PM

Love this. Excellent product, packaging and price. I prefer the scent to the strawberry one. I now want one in the car, one in the bag and one at home! The fragrance reminds me of the Ralph Lauren perfume Ralph.

on 2/1/2013 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely loooooooooooove this product, I have been wearing this everyday ever since I got, the colour is so pretty and it does not dry out my lips. This and the strawberry one are my all time favorites!!!!!

on 11/26/2012 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This product is good yet affordable!! I really love it. I love the smell of it too. It does help with my dry lips, but it's not the most moisturizing lip treatment I've ever tried. But I always come back to this cause it's so affordable

on 11/25/2012 6:00:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Most delicious pink guava scent!!! It's super affordable ($2) and was the first lip balm to be sold out at my local pharmacy, and then it was out of stock for a year... The colour is a light reddish tint, gives a bit extra color to your lips if you don't wear lipcolor, although I think the strawberry lipbalm gives a better color. The moisturizing ability is decent.

on 8/25/2012 2:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

i thought i was going to rate this one quite high, but then i noticed that the smell was too strong! i mean i dont want to smell my lip product throughout the day. i also bought the cherry one, and clearly it is less disturbing me. its not a bad smell or anything but its quite artifical. other than that, i liked the shiny effect without visible sparkles and spf 10.

on 8/23/2012 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Now that I'm on Accutane (low dose of 20mg/day with approximately 5-6 more months to go), my lips dry out easily and they cry for moisture almost every single minute of the day. Pre-Accutane lip product favourites like Revlon Lip Butters, Revlon Super Lustrous Lipglosses and even the pretty darn expensive (but worth it) Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick, do not cut it for me anymore. At the end of the day, my lips will be peeling and be in a sorrier state than ever. My bad.

My dire situation drove me to my wit's end and put me on a looooong search for a good tinted lip balm. After reading tons of reviews here and elsewhere, I decided to take a plunge and bought this baby.

And I will never look back.

The colour of this product is a warm rosy pink--certainly a MLBB colour for my rather pigment light mauvey-rosy lips. There are some shimmer particles but not overtly so that the shimmer translates to an OTT effect on your lips.

The first layer is enough to add some moisture and a nice tint. Go over once more for more moisture and an added punch of colour. 2 coats do the trick for me and my lips are left feeling soft and smooth throughout the day with a nice colour that adds some life to my pale Asian complexion.

It definitely tastes like guava--fruity but not sweet in an overtly artificial way. I'm quite sure most people will enjoy the scent and taste. It's quite light on the nose and certainly not overpowering at all.

The usual retail price is $3.50 but I got this for around $2.20 (SGD) because I redeemed my Watson's card points and bought two others (which will be reviewed under the "Fruity Shine" name, also by Nivea).

I will continue to repurchase this baby for as long as it's here and for as long as it works for me. Great for university, casual meetings with the girls or even heading to town area--it's just an effortlessly pretty look.

*This moisturizes better than my beloved The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Lip Care Stick (I've gone through 3 of these!) at less than half the price, with SPF10 and a nice colour--that's saying a lot!

on 7/22/2012 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have naturally pigmented lips but this lip balm/gloss really livens it up by giving it the most prettiest flush! (If your lips are more grey undertoned, I recommend the Strawberry version)

PROS:
- Smell is divine!
- Nice flush of colour
- Lasts 3-4 hours (no food)

CONS:
- Shimmery (I'm not a big fan of shimmers)
- Sticky! (Try getting your hair stuck on your lips on a windy day)
- Not suitable for dry lips
- Low spf

Popular Lip Treatments