April 19, 2014 | 1691 users online

Treatments - Nuxe - Creme Fraiche de Beaute Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by Aleppanen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't understand the bad reviews about this! I have only recently started to use this more as my skin is also in need for more hydration now and I really like this. I got this in HK while I was stocking up some other stuff and of course ended up buying out Nuxe to try the brand out. I think it does a good job of smoothing and hydrating my skin and it is very light on your skin. Not sticky at all and probably very suitable with women in their early thirties. ;)
To be honest I cannot remember how much it costs as I bought loads of products at the same time but I'm sure it is on the dearer side.
I like the packaging very handy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Angie385

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I used this one few years ago, and just saw it the other day in the pharmacy...at the moment, I had not enough money on me, so didn't buy it but decided to check on-line if I can get it cheaper. I am surprised that overall rating is only 2.7!!
I remember this product to be very good, especially for summers. I guess it's not rich enough for winters or maybe even dry skin. Mine is combination, with T-zone so it's a match. It kind of tightens your skin immediately,helps your skin look "woken up" in the morning. And a big pro for me is that you can apply it under eyes and it tightens fine lines visibly! It is a bit sticky, but I got used to it..and one pump is enough. I used it only mornings under my moisturizer, and evenings I would use something more hydrating. As a morning boost I think it's very good!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by rachkat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I live in very dry cold Canadian weather with extremely sensitive skin. I purchased this on sale. Was not impressed. Left my skin sticky and irritated and breaking out all over my chin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Eolo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this on a whim (don't I usually?) because I wanted a moisturizing serum that I could use en lieu of moisturizer and something that would also prep my skin for makeup application.

The dispenser for me gives out too much product, half a pump is more than enough to apply generously throughout my face and my skin absorbs it without any trace of residue or stickiness, there is no overwhelming odor to it which is also a plus and my reactive acne-prone skin hasn't complained, after two weeks of daily use, there are no break-outs, no irritation, no redness. Nothing.

I let it sink and fully absorb while I apply my concealer and then when I put on my foundation (compact powder for reference) it doesn't ball or disturb my makeup, in fact it helps it set and blend more naturally.

While I'm satisfied with it and will use it until the very end, I'm afraid I haven't found a miracle product but it serves its purpose well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Cokioki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in the beginning of July so I've been trying this out for the past 4 months and I think it's time to give a review.

When I purchased the Creme fraiche de beaute serum I was looking for a light serum packed with ingredients that would hydrate my skin. And I think this serum kind of lives up to its promises but at the same time it didn't wow me and it felt to heavy. I think I need to go into detail about this product.

The first time I tried this I was surprised when the serum turned out to be thicker than I'd expected. It definitely took some time getting used to it and how to apply it to my skin. 1 pump is enough for the face but I realised I had to apply it quickly because my skin absorbed it straight away. Despite the difficulties I fought on and applied it nightly (some days I used a different serum) before going to bed. The serum feels a bit sticky the first half hour after applying it.

As time went by I found other ways to use this serum. It's safe to use around the eye and this is my favourite way to use this serum because it adds some moisture before I apply my eye cream (Kiehl's creamy avocado treatment). Some days I added a drop of Vitamin E facial oil from the body shop to add some antioxidants and moisture to my skin care routine at night. I also started to use this during days when I stayed at home and didn't need sunscreen.

When I wrote 'it didn't wow me' I meant that even though I think it's rather good at keeping my skin moisturized I would still wake up in the mornings without noticing a difference to my skin tone. And I have been using it almost every day for the last 4 months so I think I should have noticed any change by now.

I give this serum 3 lippies because I expected something more from such an expensive product. Nuxe's website raves about all the amazing ingredients but I think it's not that amazing. I think The body shop's nutriganics serum is superior when it comes to making skin feeling smooth, supple and hydrated (amazingly there are no silicones in that serum).

I will continue using this until it is finished but I will make this my eye serum for when my eye area's in need of some extra moisture.

List of ingredients:
AQUA/WATER, GLYCERIN, ALCOHOL, MACADAMIA TERNIFOLIA SEED OIL, MAGNESIUM SILICATE, PROPYLHEPTYL CAPRYLATE, HYDROXYETHYL UREA, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, XYLITYLGLUCOSIDE, ANHYDROXYLITOL, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLUCONOLACTONE, TOCOPHEROL, PHENOXYETHANOL, LECITHIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, METHYLPROPANEDIOL, XYLITOL, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM BENZOATE, OPUNTIA VULGARIS EXTRACT, AVENA STRIGOSA SEED EXTRACT, POLYSORBATE 60, SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, PHYTIC ACID, GLYCOLIC ACID, SODIUM STYRENE/ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) SEED EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CITRIC ACID, LACTIC ACID, MALIC ACID, SACCHARUM OFFICINARUM (SUGAR CANE) EXTRACT, CYATHEA MEDULLARIS LEAF EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, AVENA SATIVA (OAT) KERNEL EXTRACT, BAMBUSA VULGARIS LEAF/STEM EXTRACT, CAMELLIA OLEIFERA SEED OIL, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CAPRYLOYL GLYCINE, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) FRUIT EXTRACT, COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL , GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) SEED EXTRACT, LUPINUS ALBUS SEED EXTRACT, PISUM SATIVUM (PEA) EXTRACT, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) FRUIT EXTRACT, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, ROBINIA PSEUDACACIA FLOWER EXTRACT, SCLEROTIUM GUM, PUNICA GRANATUM EXTRACT, XANTHAN GUM, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, ALGIN, SERINE, DISODIUM EDTA, CALCIUM GLUCONATE, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, CINNAMIC ACID, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, LEVULINIC ACID, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, CARBOMER, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF EXTRACT, SODIUM LEVULINATE, ASCORBIC ACID, FARNESOL, GERANIOL, LIMONENE, LINALOOL [N0404/B].

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No