July 25, 2014 | 1111 users online

Eye Shadow - Chanel - Les 4 Ombres - 33 Prelude

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by RedLipsBlackHair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect palette for a smokey eye. When I wear this I want my eyes to be smokey everyday. Formula is great and pigmented. Packaging is elegant. Love CHANEL compacts.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by voodoodolly330

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my all-time favourite eyeshadow palette! The colour combination is fantastic and it “sculpt" the eyes like no other. It's a taupe lover's dream. Just make sure you get the US version cuz the texture's a million times better than the baked one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by lnielsen22

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I love a really good, chic but natural looking palette that I can wear during the day and not feel like I look made up. And man oh man, this is it for me. I have searched for years for something like this. Prelude is a taupey, minky brown palette that isn't heavily pigmented so you do not have to worry about holding back when you apply. It blends beautifully and is just very flattering if you have fair to medium skin with any color of eyes. I have medium/fair skin with golden pink undertones, and green eyes, brown hair. This quad really works well with my features.

I wear the two colors on the left of the quad. The bottom left all over the lid and then the top left in the outer V, as well as along the lower lash line on the outter 2/3. And then to really make this look wow, I do a red lip. I copied this look from the amazing Lisa Eldridge. See

if you want to copy it too.

This is something I will wear every day and for night, I'll probably go to Illusoire or Eblouis for a smoked out eye. Or I think Prelude with the darkest shade on the lid and a little dab along the lower lash line could be a great smokey look. Haven't tried that quite yet but I will.

Anyway, if you like natural colors and you want to look like you but just a bit more polished, this is the quad for you.

I am absolutely addicted to Chanel and this by far is my favorite find. If I had to throw all my eye make-up away and only got to keep one thing this would be it, hands down.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by GirlieGirl5

I like this palette. It is not my absolute favorite, but I agree with the reviewer below that said this is perfect for an office look. It is a very easy palette to reach for. The glittery shade is not like night clubbing mega glitter, it is actually a very fine shimmer barely noticeable unless one is looking closely. I found the palette has minimal fallout. I have a neutral skin tone and this palette leans cool on me, so wearing these really requires a blush and lip that lean cool as well. They are not extremely cool shades, but I would think a very warm toned person may not like this palette. I would purchase again, the shadows are good quality. They do crease a bit with a long day's wear, but a shadow base does help to mitigate this a bit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I imidiately thought that this a a beautiful palette, when I first saw swatches online, but I hate the fact that Chanel bake their shadows for European market, which eventually results in poorer color payoff. I wasn't going to buy it, untill I can get to the US and buy the square formula, but I swatched it in the department store and being quite happy with the prigmentation, decided to give it a try. It is beautiful on my fair skinned complection with blue eyes. I cannot wait to play with it more and try some more intense nigh-time looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by malu22

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My first Chanel eyeshadow was the quad Dunes. I like it however I couldn't make it to show up on me. I'm NC 25. I also have the Kaska Beige but for some reason I am not crazy about it. I decided I won't buy any Chanel eyeshadows anymore. And then I had been reading all the raves about Prelude so I decided I to try it. I swatched it at the store but it would not show up on my arm. The SA said it would so I went ahead and bought it...well the rest is history. Gorgeous, gorgeous! I actually prefer Dior eyeshadows over Chanel but at the moment this is my favorite quad. Perfect neutral during daytime and you can intensify the color for a perfect smoky look at night.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by soitgoes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great cool-leaning, neutral quad from Chanel--a real classic. Although this may look the best on those with cooler skin tones, those with warmer skin tones can also pull this off. But if you are a pale/fair-skinned person with warm undertones, this may look a little muddy on you--that is actually the case for me; can look ashy on me. Therefore, even though I love this quad, it tends to get a little overshadowed by my other eye shadows and quads that are slightly warmer (but not too warm--warm eye shadows can look unflattering on me as well...I think being fair attributes to this).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 5:23:00 AM More reviews by gabbeh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I couldn't be more happier with this palette. I was walking around town then stepped inside one of the department stores and saw this! I think this can create those sexy/sultry Eva Longoria looks! =]

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

I should have really learned my lesson a long time ago already - Chanel eyeshadows crease on me, especially the darker colors! Well, I couldn't resist this palette. It's a really pretty neutral, leaning cool, palette and it's so easy to create a perfect neutral elegant "office" look with it. I think eyeshadows from this palette are easier to apply than the ones from their other palettes, yet there is quite a bit of a fall-out from them! So, conclusion is that I do like it a lot and use it often but I will do my best to stay away from Chanel next time (unless they come out with another fabulous product :))) ).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by princza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very pretty eye shadow palette. This is one of my first Chanel eye shadow palletes. It can be used in the day time and night time. I think its perfect for creating a smokey eye look, all the colors are a great combination. Typically dark eye shadows do not look well on me but these look well on me because the colors are more gray/charcoal. The colors are also shimmery but not too shimmery. I usually wear it during night time or on occassion, it looks beautiful. I highly recommend this product.