April 16, 2014 | 1907 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Allure Velvet La Fascinante

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2013 8:24:00 PM More reviews by greenlacqueraddict92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This pulls a little pink on me, but is still gorgeous nonetheless. I feel so luxe with this on! I do have dry lips, but I make all my lipsticks work by exfoliating my lips beforehand.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 7:48:00 AM More reviews by burrrrsoicey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My favourite shade! I love the whole rouge allure velvet line as I prefer the matte finish and find the staying power to majorly exceed that of gloss lipsticks. La Fascinante is a beautiful bold highly pigmented deep red colour with pink undertones. When applied lightly it appears more of a strong deep pink colour. It looks amazing either way. Compliments pale skin beautifully. Lasts for hours before I have to re-apply, and I only have to dab the slightest amount on. Feels luxurious and creamy. Love it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by ChubbyLamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hydrating and so smooth!!! Love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 8:39:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

I own an arsenal of red lipsticks, and this one doesn't disappoint! The texture is unique, it is matte but has a slip to it, and feels more silicone-y compared to say, NARS or MAC mattes. La Fascinante is a beautiful red that is reminiscent of of a velvety rose petal on your lips. It looks like a dark, brick red in the tube but it translates on my lips as a medium rose red with pinkish undertones. The undertones will vary depending on your skintone and natural lip color, and will be more evident if you sheer it out. I pull this color out when I'm going for a classic old Hollywood look with matte skin, and winged liner. It completes the look perfectly!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by beatrizbeltran

This is my first rouge velvet and I love it. It feels hydrating in the lips, the color is beautiful. I got compliments every time I am wearing it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by kitchiii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

LOVE THIS PRODUCT!
Seriously. It's amazing. I'm already a huge Chanel fan but this is just amazing. It really does feel like velvet. It's a very workable lipstick, this colour is my favourite out of the Three I purchased. It is a pinky/blue based red and fades to a dark pinky mahogany colour when it wears off.
You can use it in lots of different ways like dabbing it with your finger and then going over it with gloss for a light pinky/red day colour, or go all out and wear it straight out the tube for a really bold look.
The packaging is beautiful, and I am a bit of a sucker for good packaging. Black and gold, very sleek design with the signature interlocking C's on the top.
It is pricey, but Chanel always is, definitely worth it however.
A lot of people say it's drying but I don't find it drying personally, although I do use a lip balm underneath it.
I'd definitely advise going to your local boutique and trying it for yourself, trust me you will love it!! A+

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 5:47:00 AM More reviews by medvssa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Best red ever :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by rexyechi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I don't like wearing red lipstick and not confident wearing this color in the past. but when me n my boyfriend went to Chanel makeup store and I tried the lipstick, I fell in love with rouge allure velvet la fascinante. my boyfriend said it's so classy. I'd buy this product again in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Brittanywest49

I have very fair skin, which doesn't always suit bolder colors, but this color is beautiful. It comes off slightly pinkish - Especially when it eventually begins to wear. Easy to build up (or wear lightly under gloss), and I get consistent and constant compliments on it every time I wear it.
It actually feels velvety when I apply it. Although I do have to wear chapstick under it as my lips get dry very easily.
The packaging is very chic. The price is a little high as far as lipstick goes, but it's Chanel, and if it's going on your face, you'd better make sure it's quality.
I wear Mac's Lip Prep n Prime Primer underneath it and it lasts almost all day.
Very Impressed. It's become my signature color, and I would absolutely by this product repeatedly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2012 4:29:00 PM More reviews by mayaonfiya

Wow. Love this. It's a wonderfully rich, wearable, buildable red. One coat over balm for daytime, two coats for evening. The matte formula is extremely comfortable to wear, smooth and creamy to put on and not drying in the least -- I've never seen anything like it. After years of searching I think I've finally found my perfect red lipstick...just wish it weren't so expensive. :)