October 1, 2014 | 1675 users online

Hair Treatments - Joico - K-Pak RevitaLuxe

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by hansa4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm in the minority here, but I did not like this conditioner at all. I have very dry, coarse hair and it became more brittle feeling when I used this conditioner. I don't typically use keratin products, so that may be the issue here. If you like keratin this may be a good product for you to try!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Macvictory

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My thin hair looks fantastic after Joico Revtalux. I am very happy! Two months ago I ordered Alterna products, but can not be compared with Joico. Today is the second time I put RevitaLux, and my hair was reborn. It looks very healthy and I really commend Revitalux Joico. 😀

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by BeaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Joico K-Pak is originally a protein treatment. There are several products in the line. After the K-Pak shampoo you can use the Deep Penetrating Reconstructor, which is really heavy on protein, followed by the Intense Hydrator, which gives a lot of moisture to your hair (but also contains a dash of protein). The Revitalux mask is supposed to work as both a protein treatment and a moisturizer, so you can use it in itself after the shampoo, without any additional products.
It depends on your hair type and condition which K-Pak product works the best for you, but I highly recommend trying them.
My hair likes light protein treatments, but needs some protein quite frequently, and responds well if the protein amount is not too much. The Intense Hydrator (with the least amount of protein) is the product, which is the most suitable for me, but every now and then I like to use the Revitalux mask as well. It gives more strength and less moisture than the Intense Hydrator, but my hair is happy with it 2-3 times a month. I don't use them with the K-Pak shampoo, but the Moisture Recovery.
You need to test for yourself which combination you like the best. The other protein product I found to be really beneficial is the Redken Extreme line, which either is a light protein treatment or contains a lot of moisturizing agents if my logic is right.
Revitalux is a really high quality mask, which gives you excellent results if it matches your hair type. It makes your hair strong and silky at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Alimulc4

While this isn't expensive for me (I am a stylist and get a discount) I understand it is expensive but even if I paid full price I would think it was still worth every single penny. As a life long blonde (natural when I was young, now? Not so much) I have tried pretty much every treatment out there but I always come crawling back to kpak.... Just instant gratification. Amazing results, and easy to use!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by lextaylor7

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by lizzchan12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a really good hair product overall. It has a light pleasant scent and works effectively. I already have naturally dry hair and my hair's natural dryness only gets worse when I color every 6-8 weeks and use heat tools almost every day. This product claims after just one use to repair years of damage, make hair 2X stronger and more resistant to breakage and damage, and protect color fade up to 94%. I'm not necessarily sure I would totally stand by these instant repair claims because I've noticed a gradual change in my hair the more I have used this, but the Revitaluxe does make hair softer and more manageable, reduces split ends, and my hair feels healthier. As for the color protecting properties, I can't really make a clear judgement because pretty much all of my hair products are safe for color treated hair, so I don't notice a difference when using the Revitaluxe. I was unsure at first if my fine hair would be weighed down by such a rich formula, but this product is excellent at providing repair without being too heavy. I use this 2-3 times per month, and it is one of the better hair repair treatments I have used. I would recommend this to others.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by yelloworange

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This review is for the K-PAK RevitaLuxe Treatment. This stuff is fantastic. I recently had my stylist lighten my my highlights up a little along with my usual root retouch. So my hair was getting a little breaky with that surface dryness that comes from highlights. At first I bought the travel size but quickly bought the full size before I had used it up. It soaks into my hair but there isn't a silicone feel. It makes my hair feel light and swingy and stronger. It keeps it it all smoothed together and cuts down on frizz. I use it every 3rd day and am alternating it with Aveda Damage Remedy condtioner and my hair is behaving even though it's only 5 degrees out today!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 1:29:00 AM More reviews by iheartmakeup01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Amazing styling oil! I completely changed my haircare routine, so I don't know if this product is the only one that makes my hair so soft and healthy, but it seems to help a lot ! I have very damaged hair, and this product meets my expectations. I use this in conjunction with the clarifying and chelating shampoo, the cuticle sealer and the restorative styling oil from the same brand. I think it helps a lot !

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by cheermeuppup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this treatment! I use it twice a week. It makes my hair feel SO incredibly soft. The only thing I dislike about it is the scent. It smells EXACTLY like Nair to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by jwayman2005

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best product I have used so far in terms of a conditioner. My hair was feeling really dry and dead and after using this product once, my hair feels 100% softer and healthier. Will def keep using this product!!