October 25, 2014 | 1721 users online

Candles - Yankee Candles - Christmas Cupcake

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2014 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Aremar

It is too sweet for my taste

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by sillytabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yankee Candles are crap. Cheap, wax based product that smell like a gas station bathroom. They don't burn cleanly and don't last long. You will end up repainting your ceiling if you use them often.

Spend a little more and buy a nice soy based candle like Voluspa. Sure, it costs more but the scents are clean and luxurious.

cheap...cheap...cheap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Mellymoomar

This is easily one of my very favourite Yankee Candles. I have this one in a large jar and it is just oh my goodness lovely. A jar of loveliness! Its not exactly a Christmassy smell particularly (I usually associate citrus, cinnamon, spiced apple and whatever else with Christmas) but it is very sweet, a really big hit of vanilla and sugar. It made my room smell really nice for hours after. If you don't like strong sweet scents then this probably isn't right for you, but otherwise its brilliant!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2011 3:06:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

CHRISTMAS CUPCAKE smells like - surprise - a vanilla cupcake, with a rich butter-cream overtone. The butter-cream note is strong enough to carry whilst the votive is still wrapped. There's nothing else to add - it is a simple fragrance, but lovely and edible.

But, having said that it's lovely, this particular fragrance is something that I'll use all year round, not just for the festive season. The fragrance to CHRISTMAS CUPCAKE just does not have any festive spark to it, so this is not a fragrance that announces "Christmas is coming". I'd expected some spice or festive fruit, to give the fragrance a seasonal air, so even though I do love it, I was a tad disappointed too.

In fact I probably won't bother rebuying this version as Yankee already do a cupcake fragranced candle, which is sometimes offered as 'fragrance of the month' and sold at a lowered price.

As with all Yankee candles, the entirety of the wax is perfumed, so the fragrance lasts as long as the candle does, but I do have to admit that I've noticed that the scent is quieter then the majority of Yankee candles. Even so, I can catch occasional wafts of the perfume whilst the candle is unlit.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 4:00:00 AM More reviews by pinklabel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in the large jar. This scent power is moderate, not very strong. It's quite similar to Vanilla Cupcake but less sugary and not as strong (though I didn't find Vanilla Cupcake to be strong either). It has a soft sweet vanilla scent with a slight frosting scent mixed in.