Clarins Hydra Quench Tinted Moisturizer

on 4/27/2015 7:46:00 AM

This is my first tinted moisturiser. My favourite foundation is YSL touche eclat - I like my base to look like skin. This looks like nothing on the skin, it just evens it out and makes it look better. What really impressed me is how this wears. It smooths over dry skin, but it also wears brilliantly on my oily t zone. Somehow, this just lasts on my skin. With most foundations, I hate how they look at the end of the day, they actually make my skin look worse. This doesn't do that, no shine comes through (I do powder my t zone) and it looks beautiful all day. However, as with most clarins products, this is heavily scented. But so far I've had no irritation or other issues. Also, Clarins does not really cater to fair skintones. The lightest shade looks far too dark for me when swatched. So if you are roughly NC15ish or lighter, this may be too dark. But, it does blend into my skin without looking too dark, most likely due to the sheer coverage. For reference, I wear 010 in Dior foundations and B10 in Ysl. Lastly, I find £30 for a tinted moisturiser to be a little pricey, and more spf would have been nice. But I'm being picky here and I am very impressed. Do ask for a sample first if you can get one though, Clarins tend to be very generous with them.

on 3/1/2015 10:19:00 AM

This is as close to a HG tinted moisturizer as I've come. I have used this the past 4-5 years, and haven't found anything better.
If you are looking for coverage, this is not a tinted moisturizer for you.
It covers next to noting, but evens out your skintone and gives a beautiful glow.
It is quite dewy but I personally love that look. I use this to give a bit more color to my skin, and wear the shade 05 Gold, which fits me better during the summer, but I can work with it during the winter.
It has a quite strong smell, but it doesn't bother me all too much. It is sooo easy to work with, and you need the smallest amount to cover your face.

Only minus is that it might be clogging my pores a bit, but I don't use it everyday so it's hard for me to know.

on 7/14/2014 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Normally I use NARS TM in Finland, but needed a bit darker for late summer. I found Clarins TM at sale, 18€, I got 'Peach'. TM gives really beautiful radiance, and moisturizes well. Color was way too dark, and I have mix it with lighter foundation. I really like the product. Then I found the lightest shade 'natural' at 10€. These two colors are not really that different, 'peach' is cooler and looks better, when 'natural' is dark and orangey. I hope they would make a true light shade for their new line. Even these TMs are really good, they are not for fair skinned ladies.

on 9/5/2013 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Bought this today. The quality is excellent, certainly very smooth and satiny, quickly absorbed.
However - the colour is ridiculously dark!
I have rather pale skin and bought No. 01 - Naturel. This is in fact like quite a good tan.......
Looked all right in the store, but.......
I shall continue to use this (having spent 31 euro I am not getting rid of it). I shall mix it with an ordinary moisturiser as recommended in some magazine.
I might buy this again regardless, because of its good qualities - I had been using Clinique but found it rather greasy...I shall however look around for a replacement product unless the colour range improves

on 8/24/2013 8:58:00 AM

I'm on my second tube of this. I have it in shade 02 Beige. It's the best tinted moisturizer I've found. The texture is just right for me, not heavy. It gives a nice healthy colour and glow.

I tried Clarins BB cream as an alternative, but didnt like it at all ....too heavy.

on 5/1/2013 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I've got really dry/sensitive skin so I wanted something that's hydrating and that doesn't irritate my skin. This product does just that. It's light and moisturizing but not oily at all. It makes your skin look beautiful.
The only downside is that the lightest shade isn't very light, it is at least 1-2 shades darker that my skin tone. I'm quite fair and I found that it made me look 'tanned' and it wasn't very nice because it was to big a difference compared to my neck/hands.
In conclusion, I was very happy with the quality and would definitely buy the product again if they made it in a lighter shade.

on 11/13/2012 6:01:00 PM

*Got a sample from Shopper's and I really like the way it feels - I have dry skin that can feel tight by noon, but this goes on great. I think the colour is dark - called "Honey". But it's a sample and I'm hoping to find something in my shade and will definetely buy it. Will update once I find my shade based on the reviews here about a limited number of options to choose from.

on 6/9/2012 4:57:00 PM

Been using this for the last month coming into the summer. I like not having to use too many products in the heat. As already mentioned by the previous reviewer, the shade range is pretty limited. I am fair, and the lightest shade is a little dark for me. It goes on very dark, but does lighten when blended in...just make sure you cover behind your ears if wearing hair up!
I like to give the tube a good shake before using as otherwise it can squirt out everywhere (learnt the hard way :)
I like the texture, the scent is subtle and fades quickly. The finish is dewy, but I set with Chanel poudre universelle and I love the end-result....my skin still looks like my skin, but just so much better (if that is the look you are going for, which I prefer for the summer).
Not sure if I will repurchase yet(I selected "no" for the moment)...heading over to the reviews of BB's to see if they are worth a look...(gotta love this site!)

on 11/4/2011 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the reformulation of Clarin's TM. There are 3 shades: natural, a very light neutral NC/NW 20ish, beige, a light yellow-gold based NC25ish, and peach, a light to medium peachier NC25-30ish.

SPF is only 6. Moisturizes well, evens out skin tone and adds a glow after a few hours on my dry skin. Does have a Clarins French scent, but very subtle. Too bad it has such a narrow shade range, but it is so sheer many skin tones could probably wear it as an enhancement.