Garnier Color Shield Fortifying Shampoo

3.4

Aqua/Water/Eau, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Coco-Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone, Parfum/Fragrance, Sodium Benzoate, Hexylene Glycol, Cocamide Mipa, Pyrus Malus Extract/Apple Fruit Extract, Salicylic Acid, Carbomer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Linalool, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCl, Benzophenone-4, Citric Acid, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Saccharum Officinarum Extract / Sugar Cane Extract / Extrait De Canne A Sucre, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera Seed Oil/Grape Seed Oil, Amyl Cinnamal, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Methyl Cocoate, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Hydroxide, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract/Lemon Peel Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, CI 17200 / Red 33

I started using this after I bleached my hair from black to blonde. On a budget and so I decided to try it. Seems not to strip any color off. My hair seems to stay bright blonde till the next touch-up. The smell is wonderful and I even use the matching conditioner and it leaves my hair soft. It also doesn't dry out my hair. For reference I have thick long hair.

on 3/24/2015 12:53:00 AM

I picked this shampoo up right after dyeing my hair red. As some of us know, red dyes fade quickly so I knew I had to do everything to maintain it. Although I don't think it did it's job of giving me long-term results, I thought it was alright. Definitely not the best color-safe shampoo out there, let's put it that way. Although a lot of other people said that it dried out their hair, it did not dry out my hair (I have normal hair and don't shampoo daily).

My main problem with this shampoo is that it's MEANT to be for color-treated hair and yet it has sulfate in it. Sulfate strips out the hair color, maybe not all at once, but it's definitely not good for color-treated hair. Sulfate is also probably why it left some peoples' hair dry as well. As a result, I would just basically not purchase this again.

on 1/11/2015 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Nice shampoo, gets hair clean and soft and has an interesting scent. Candy-like. Pink opaque product, sudsy and rinses clean ready for the matching conditioner (or not depending on choice). Recommend!

on 8/17/2014 4:28:00 PM

need a good conditioner when using this. cleans it , but dries out the hair.

on 7/19/2014 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've been using this for a few months and for the first time ever, the lady who cuts my hair told me my hair felt really dry. I stopped using it (will go back to my Pantene moisturizing shampoo). It did make my hair feel clean but was way too drying. Don't recommend this one.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I purchased this shampoo after dyeing my hair with Garnier Nutrisse permanent hair colour. It definitely did help with colour retention, but eventually the colour faded. The reason I am giving this shampoo a low rating is because it completely dried out my ends. It dried them out so much that I had to chop off about 5 inches of hair today. My stylist ran her fingers through my hair and asked me if I was using a cheap drugstore shampoo because my hair doesn't physically appear damaged; it's just very, very crunchy. I will not repurchase this shampoo.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Great shampoo cleaned my hair great...but it made my hair color fade not as much as other shampoos but still noticable enough . I wont buy this again.

on 5/9/2013 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This dried out my hair so badly. At first I thought it as my hair reacting to the dye but right after I switched shampoos my hair regained moisture and has not had any problems since then.

on 2/17/2013 6:04:00 PM

It made my hair really dry.

on 2/10/2013 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great shampoo, very gentle but cleaned well.