July 28, 2014 | 958 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot - Nubile

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by MollieS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Bought this on a whim at my CCO and paid $11 for it. I like this as a base for heavier looks that aren't too dark. Doesn't budge once its set, one of the few things I have that doesn't release color all over my face after a few hours. Do recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by rhody

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This paint pot consists of a slightly shimmery, pale pink with slight champagne (warm) touches. On me, this doesn't really show up on my lids except as a subtle wash, but it does even them out a little, colour-wise, and it serves as a great base for eyeshadow and especially eyeliner. It does crease a little on me after about 5 hours, but I find it helps eyeliner stay on all day.

I would not repurchase this, simply because I'd like to try other shades of Paint Pot before repurchasing this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by enchantedlullaby87

Pretty champagne pink color. Creases and faded on me without the udpp.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

LE, Sept 2011, Posh Paradise Collection

Product - Light peachy-nude with "frost" - though IMO it's more of a satin finish. Soft, smooth, creamy texture. A light layer will set quickly, so blend as you go. Definitely budgeproof, even on my oily-prone lids. I prefer applying with a wide, flat synthetic e/s brush with rounded head. I've been using Soft Ochre as a base, and wasn't sure if the peachy tone of Nubile would work for me - I'm AAB/NC25 with strong yellow undertones. Nubile leaves just a hint of peach-nude when I blend it down and leaves a mostly-matte-with-hint-of-pearl finish. Nubile may be a better base color match for me than Soft Ochre (which is a shade or two too light), and it's perfect for evening out my lid color if I choose to wear it alone. As a base for other shadows, and particularly to prevent creasing of eyeshadows, it's spectacular (as are the other Paint Pots). I'll also note that it is non-drying to my aging lids.

Comparisons - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre (matte yellow-beige) looks so yellow next to peachy Nubile. Paint Pot in Rubenesque definitely has more shimmer and warmer, redder peach tones; Nubile leans more flat and nude in comparison. Also reminds me of Lola Socialeyes Gel Eye Colour in Sand (shimmery pink champagne), which wears slightly lighter and brighter since it has pronounced pearly shimmer, though the base color tones are very similar.

Packaging - Round glass jar with domed black lid, like Fluidlines jars but wider.

Overall - My HG creme eyeshadow, by itself or as a base. Too bad it's LE...

UPDATE: just got NYX Eyeshadow Base in Skin Tone and it's my new HG base - it's a much better match for me (AAB/NC25). continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 5:19:00 PM More reviews by obsessedbeautyblogger

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this paint pot, even if it is a bit expensive. I find it a great e for any shadow, and the only reason I wouldn't repurchase this is because I like other paint pots just that little bit more. Ones like groundwork.

I've owed nubile for a while, and I got that from Amarixe videos as a recommendation. Nubile is a gorgeous colour, and great as any eyeshadow base.
It's a lovely light peachy colour that has a hint of frost to it. It's most comparable to painterly paint pot but instead of being matte like painterly it does have that hint of shimmer.
I used under satin taupe envy day for my go to eye look and it's great. It doesn't crease in me, although not many shadows do. I got this in the "goodbyes" sects on the MAC site, and I don't think it's available anymore. :( it came out with the posh paradise collection in September 2011.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by dmeister3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE Nubile! I use it as a base or alone over primer and I have no creasing problems! It's such a universal color you could use pretty much anything over it. I'm so fair (MUFE HD 110) that it comes off darker than my skin tone, just as reference. It's too bad that it's LE :( I guess I'll be careful not to use it up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by ManhattanMermaid

I LOVE this just as much as Painterly Paint Pot, which has been my HG eyeshadow base/primer for about 3-4 years. It's more beige and slightly deeper than Painterly. It's creamy, so powder sticks to it, rather than flaking off like it does on the more shimmery paint pots and paints. Matches my NC25 skintone well, and still looks good when I tan. Would repuchase if wasn't LE. Tip: Store it upside down and shut the cap tightly to prevent it from drying out, though I have never had that problem with mine. I have oily skin, and this prevents creasing, makes my shadow last all day, and keep the colors vibrant. Works great on oily and dry skin alike. I HIGHLY recommend this for light to medium skintones. I recommend Groundwork for medium/deep to dark skin tones, as it has the same creamy consistency as Painterly. All very universal shades.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Bucephala

I love this paint pot. It's perfect for when I do a "no make up" look. I put it on my lids and then lightly blend a light brown shadow into the crease.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 9:40:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first Mac paint pot. Its a nude with pink undertones. Does not keep my shadows from creasing at all because i have extremely oily eyelids.

For me its a waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by AriSatomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I find that this color has the same effect as Coral Crepe on me: they both make me look a bit sick and tired. The red tones in this shade is what makes me dislike it because other than that, it is extremely creamy, soft, pigmented and beautiful. The satin finish makes it a perfect pop-on-and-go shade, if only it was less red, it'd probably have HG status for me. I used this and immediately had to counteract the redness with a gold toned beige so that I don't look like I've been crying for hours. Dommage, I really wanted it to work on me. I think this would look amazing on darker skin tones because it will look like a peachy pink on them, which will brighten their eye area and open them up. I also think that this can be a very good base if you want to do a red shadow look, which is very trendy lately (Lisa Eldridge did a tutorial of it on a half asian girl). Overall, this is a great product, if you can pull it off.