January 29, 2015 | 1018 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Pink Grapefruit Refreshing Lip Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2015 12:24:00 AM More reviews by mimislamb

I love this lip balm, and I used it for a long time, but suddenly it started making my lips sore as if I'd been sucking on lemons. it does smell just like fresh grapefruit, which is awesome if you like grapefruit. It's a very acidic fruit so I guess that's why it started making my lips sore.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2015 1:12:00 AM More reviews by cutieblakcat

I really love the product inside, but honestly, my only complaint is that the tube always gets lost and it rolls around too much! It's very lightweight and moisturizing, with a decadent sent of grapefruit! Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2015 5:48:00 PM More reviews by jaimelyn80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the way this smells...like a really fresh, natural grapefruit scent. The texture is also nice, but it makes my lips and tongue tingle. Maybe that's what they were going for with this, but I really don't enjoy that.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/27/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by 44Gracie

I loved the original mint burts bees lip balm, but however, i felt this one is lacking a little. I wish all burts bees lip balm included beeswax because this one was way too slippery and it doesnt feel as hydrating. Also, I feel a zesty tingle which is uncomfortable and it feels irritating. The packaging is really cute and pink and the smell is good. My hopes were high when I bought this but it just didn't live up to the original one. I'll be buying more Burts Bees lip balms but probably not this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by Tuffy7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great balm with an impressive list of ingredients! I didn't notice any graininess or tingliness as others did, and needed no time to adjust to it. Just a great basic balm.

RE the scent, either you like it or you don't. It barely lingers anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by lanyc

just look at the ingredients list and you will fall in love:
Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Aroma (Natural Flavor), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Lanolin, Citrus Paradisi (Grapefruit) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Canola Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Limonene

NO mineral oil, NO petroleum, NO petrolatum, and NOTHING you can't pronounce, and NOTHING you don't know WTH it is.

I've never been a fan of burts n bees. When i first noticed their products on the shelves, i bought the original lip balm, and was NOT a fan. I felt like it left my lips dry, with wax over it, and it was just horrible. i felt like it made my lips DARK, so i stopped using it and never looked back.

couple weeks ago, i saw this particular lip balm in a rite aid, and the castor oil in the ingredients list and the grapefruit made me buy it. and the smell. OMG i love the smell (and so does the bf).
i'm almost done with the tube/stick i bought. i ran to the nearest pharmacy/drug store last night and stocked up. this balm leaves my lips soft, smooth, nourished, supple, fluffy, and i really feel like the tone of my lips have evened out, and my lips look pinkish even, but like a natural pink. i simply LOVE IT.

just a heads up, when i first started using this product i almost gave up on it. the first week was not fun. my lips, although moisturized, looked like shit. they would chap (which was weird), and crack, and i had dry skin that not even exfoliating would get rid of. but i held my horses, forced myself to be patient, and continued on with this. i'm glad i did. I don't know if this happens to every one when they switch from using a petroleum based lip product to one that doesn't contain petroleum, and is all natural, but the use of the natural product actually shows you the TRUE condition of your lips. which is shit, because you're slathering petroleum and mineral oil on it. it may take some time for your lips to "adjust" but once it does, the natural beauty your lips have will shine through with this product.

I've noticed that with prolonged use, you don't even need to use it as much...meaning, your lips stay naturally soft supple and moisturized. its amazing. will always repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- moisturizes
- adds shine

CONS

- scent

COMMENTS: I don't care too much for the scent and it does linger on the lips for a bit, however it does moisturize well. It's not as greasy in texture as the pomegranate and acai berry versions. Overall, it does its job...I just don't care for the scent.

Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by k1nz0ku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Very moisturising as expected from the brand, only thing that bothers me is the scent. It's too plastic and annoys me a bit. I would purchase the lip balm again, but not a scented one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by squirrelXetiquette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love the grapefruit scent & the way it leaves my lips feeling moisturized. It is a nice change to the original BB. One thing i am not crazy about: the graininess.... Why? Well, it leaves your lips feeling slightly tingly & refreshed -- not bad! Try for a nice change-up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 6:06:00 AM More reviews by troo12

This is very hydrating and whereas I don't have much to rave about, I certainly have nothing negative to say.