L'Oreal Mythic Oil

4.1

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, DIMETHICONOL, C12-15 ALKYL BENZOATE, PERSEA GRATISSIMA OIL (AVOCADO OIL), VITIS VINIFERA SEED OIL (GRAPESEED OIL), LIMONENE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, COURMARIN, LINALOOL, BUTYLPHENIL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL ALCOHOL, HYDROXYCITRONELLAL, AMYL CINNAMAL, GERANIOL, ALPHA-ISOMETHYL IONONE, ISOEUGENOL, BENZYL BENZOATE, CINAMMYL ALCOHOL, CITRONELLOL, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE

I usually split my hair into 2 sections and use 1 pump on each section from below ear down.

A little bit sticky but thins out nicely if you warm up the oil by rubbing your palms. Makes hair shiny and smooth. Easier to comb and light fragrance.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I use this oil periodically but haven't noticed a drastic difference in my hair!! it does hydrate well though for the price (comparable to kerastase products which I have also tried before). I have a half a bottle left though and would probably not repurchase it (for my hair type there are other options as well like kerastase and caviar cc cream by alterna which I literally live on).

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My hair - fine (but lots of it!), coloured (natural dark blonde, dyed nearly black), and wavy, with a tendancy to go flat on top with a frizz halo (my nickname in highschool was "christmas tree hair"). I have a few long layers but anything other than that and my hair looks stringy. Anyways, I've tried so many different shampoos/conditioners and never really found anything I was happy with. I have access to a Cosmoprof so I mix between drugstore and salon brands. My most recent failure was Redken Frizz Dismiss line paired with Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil.

A few weeks ago, I had an Olaplex treatment done, and the stylist used Pureology Volume shampoo and conditioner, followed by L'Oreal Mythic Oil. I let my hair air dry while driving home and OMG the waves...the softness...amazing. I bought all 3 products last week and I'm really happy with them - a coworker commented that my hair looks fuller, so something must be working! I paid $22 CAD for a bottle at Cosmoprof (stylist price), but I would definitely pay retail.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

When I first used Mythic Oil, I loved how soft and detangled it made my wet hair. It smells good like gardenias too!

Alas! :( When my hair is dried and flat ironed, it leaves my hair in no better manageable condition than before. If anything, my ends feel crunchier and my hair dryer and much coarser than before. I mean, I have some serious breakage after switching to this oil for just two weeks.

I previously used Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil mixed with a dab of Garnier Fructis' Moroccan Oil. The Invisible Oil alone isn't siliconey enough to tame my crazy hair. The two products seem to be a magic combination for my super thick and frizzy hair. I was hoping to find one product that achieves the same results.

The search continues! :/

**edit...I meant Mythic Oil

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I ended up buying this from SleekHair since I couldn't find it at my local beauty supply. It smells very good to my nose and softens without making my hair lose any volume. It tames flyaways and adds great shine. I only need two pumps for my medium textured hair which is bra strap length now. My hair doesn't feel greasy at all. It is pricey but worth it. I hope to try the matching shampoo and conditioner soon to see how well they work on my hair; just a bit hard for me to find locally.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing product! I have medium length, wavy hair that is hard to control. My ends tend to split and die soon after trimming. that's why I always use product for damaged/dry hair and this oil really improved my hair condition! 2 pumps are enough for me, so I'll probably use one bottle forever (which makes up for the price). Overall it just gives a very natural healthy look (and shine) to my hair. The key is to find a correct amount of product you need to use. If you add too much it makes hair oily and flat (because of course it's an oil). Also this product smells amazing, which is always a big plus for me. Recommend it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

HG leave in oil. It's a perfect product. I'm serious. This oil leaves my hair insanely soft and sleek. I cannot stop touching it! Plus I put quite a bit in and it never makes my hair greasy, which is a problem I have quite a bit with hair oils. The smell makes me die of happiness...reminds me a bit of biolage. I cannot stop raving about this. I will absolutely buy it again, probably will have to stock up even before it's gone so I don't run out!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This product is amazing. My hair has never been so soft, I can't believe the difference in the feel before and after application of it. I would recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I agree with the other posters - this oil is wonderful. I have very thick wavy to curly hair. I've tried a lot of oils and I can tell the difference when I use Mythic Oil. It truly helps tame my unruly waves - they look smoother and my hair finally looks shiny instead of dry.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I'll just add myself to the list of people who love this product! I love the smell (for some reason it kind of reminds me of Bain de Soleil sun products...in a good way), but it's not too strong or overpowering. I apply a small amount to my hair when it's damp and wow - it really does make my hair soft, and my ends look amazing. I actually like combining it with the conditioner (not the mask) as a leave-in oil/conditioner combo. I have thick curly/coils, so wouldn't recommend trying that for all hair types! But in winter, when I'm paranoid about breakage and dryness, it works really well. It's just a lovely, luxurious product. I agree the price could be better, but I find a little goes a long way and the results are excellent.

Popular Styling Products